Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Does anyone know where you can get a snapshot of the total number of units you have currently in FBA?  There used to be something on the main FBA inventory page, but I don't see it any more.  I was looking around and couldn't find anything like that, but I'm probably not looking in the right place.

16 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Nearly everything needs to be stickered now. Probably 90% of what I sent in required it

I didn't word that well.  Was your inventory commingled or were the stickers specific to you so that any unit that the customer received was a unit that you sent in versus a unit that someone else sent in?

4 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Does anyone know where you can get a snapshot of the total number of units you have currently in FBA?  There used to be something on the main FBA inventory page, but I don't see it any more.  I was looking around and couldn't find anything like that, but I'm probably not looking in the right place.

Look under the Reports --> Fulfillment tab.  Can't remember which report will give you what you're looking for, but that's the easiest way I know of.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redcell said:

Look under the Reports --> Fulfillment tab.  Can't remember which report will give you what you're looking for, but that's the easiest way I know of.

I must be an idiot because I can't find anything remotely helpful there.  There used to be a small box near the top of the FBA inventory page that gave a current count for you. 

1 minute ago, zskid00 said:

I must be an idiot because I can't find anything remotely helpful there.  There used to be a small box near the top of the FBA inventory page that gave a current count for you. 

inventory  > manage fba inventory > inventory dashboard  . Scroll down a bit , it will have them broken down by age . 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

If you are looking for sq ft-age count, that is on the Manage Shipments page at the bottom.

37 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

No you worded it fine. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Nearly every Lego set needs to be stickered now. You can do it, or have Amazon do it at $0.20 each. I'm pretty sure when it is stickered you lose the option of comingled inventory.

I've never done non-commingled so I don't know how the stickering for that option works.  The normal stickers that are required now are ASIN specific, but not seller specific.  In other words, you and I would both print out the same label for the same set if it was commingled.  Maybe someone here who does non-commingled can fill in the knowledge gap.

28 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Probably easier to download the FBA inventory report (inventory -> inventory reports) and add them up manually on an Excel spreadsheet

Thanks.  Big PITA.  Just looking for a snap-shot that used to be there and isn't now.  Oh well.

22 hours ago, redcell said:

I've never done non-commingled so I don't know how the stickering for that option works.  The normal stickers that are required now are ASIN specific, but not seller specific.  In other words, you and I would both print out the same label for the same set if it was commingled.  Maybe someone here who does non-commingled can fill in the knowledge gap.

Non commingled is specific to the seller. You are correct.

Just a general heads up about selling toys on Amazon this year for Q4. Last year Amazon did a much better job of keeping instock on the popular toys. There still were opportunities but for the most part Amazon really hogged the buy box compared to previous years. I fully expect them to do an even better job in 2018. Also new for this year (AFAIK) the top 100 toys are hard gated. If you were already on those listings you are grandfathered in but for anyone else you cannot even apply to get approved to sell any of the top 100 toys - you just see the message "currently you cannot sell this ASIN". I fully expect Amazon to hard gate any other super hot toys as they become known. This will ensure no debacles like last year with Fingerlings etc. The general TOY category is also gated for new accounts now on top of the brand gates and sub-categories. I think it will be a great year for the toys we can sell with Toys R Us gone (although KB Toys will be doing pop ups in the alot of the now vacant TRU B+M locations). Just make sure you can list any hot toys when purchasing and be prepared that by the time you get home to list or send to FBA they may be hard gated or at any time Amazon may cause those hot toys to go stranded even if you are currently selling. Obviously ebay is going to also be a good option with much less restrictions and I fully expect ebay to have plenty of 15-20% off coupons flying around.

• Like 1

I'm getting a little tired of Amazon shipping small sets in envelopes and people returning them with "Product is not as described on website " after they are crushed.  I really wish they'd use the damaged in shipment option.  I guess I'll have to go back to shipping small stuff in double-boxed.

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm getting a little tired of Amazon shipping small sets in envelopes and people returning them with "Product is not as described on website " after they are crushed.  I really wish they'd use the damaged in shipment option.  I guess I'll have to go back to shipping small stuff in double-boxed.

The last 3 smaller sets I ordered (all 14" x 8" x 2.5" or less) shipped from Amazon.com or FBA were shipped via envelope.  All 3 were crushed during transit.  1 envelope was cellophaned to another, much larger/heavier box (which ironically contained 25 pack of cardboard boxes to be used for upcoming holiday season).  I am starting to think those laid off Kmart S&H workers may have landed new jobs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carini26 said:

The last 3 smaller sets I ordered (all 14" x 8" x 2.5" or less) shipped from Amazon.com or FBA were shipped via envelope.  All 3 were crushed during transit.  1 envelope was cellophaned to another, much larger/heavier box (which ironically contained 25 pack of cardboard boxes to be used for upcoming holiday season).  I am starting to think those laid off Kmart S&H workers may have landed new jobs.

Same with Funko. I send them to Amazon in hard box in mint then they send to customer in envelope crushed and then suspend my listing because item not as recieved. I even did removal order of 7 funkos and they send to me in same envelope destroyed and wont refund me for destoying my product. Cost of business I guess. 

10 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Is there a date for being grandfathered on any of the top 100 or has that time already passed?  Is there a list of the top 100 somewhere or is it all speculation at this point?

Not sure of the date for being grandfathered (edited to add yes that time has passed if your were not on the listing already it is now hard gated as of right now). The top 100 toy list on Amazon can be found here (and there may be other hard gates on toys outside of Top 100 but these are just the ones I have checked so far):

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=17911189011

Looks like there is some Lego in there. My theory is Amazon struck a nice deal with the big toy manufacturers now that TRU is out of the picture to ensure plenty of supply this holiday season so they are just going to flood the market with their own supply at cheap cheap prices to drive plenty of traffic and really put the screws to Target and Walmart. Just wanted to give a heads up if your business model relies heavily on sourcing the hot toys for Amazon xmas it may be time to think about diversifying platforms this year. 

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, asharerin said:

Looks like there is some Lego in there. My theory is Amazon struck a nice deal with the big toy manufacturers now that TRU is out of the picture to ensure plenty of supply this holiday season so they are just going to flood the market with their own supply at cheap cheap prices to drive plenty of traffic and really put the screws to Target and Walmart. Just wanted to give a heads up if your business model relies heavily on sourcing the hot toys for Amazon xmas it may be time to think about diversifying platforms this year. 

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am not able to sell any of the top 100 (based on a wide spot check). I have brand approval for most of the items.

Looks like you probably have had to been selling some of the top 100 items to be grandfathered in like @asharerin mentioned.

I went through a bunch of the top 100 and did a spot check, but I was ok to sell pretty much everything except LOL Surprise stuff (which I never got into much.)  The ones that showed restricted let me request approval and they all auto approved.  Some of the highly counterfeited stuff (like Fingerlings) are starting to use the transparency program which requires you to have manufacturer approval and print off a QR code/2D label type thing that is required for each unit to prove it is authentic.  Amazon may do a better job at staying in stock each year, but I think we are poised for a massive Holiday season due to economic factors.  Hopefully better sales than expected can offset some of Amazons attempt to stay in stock on  stuff.  My August toy sales far outpaced any previous year and all the stores seem to be busier than ever the last 6 months.  Usually the stores are noticeably slow in the summer and August is dreadful for toy sales.  Hopefully consumer confidence will remain good with low unemployement and the stock market near all time highs.