Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

9 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I got the same reason for all returns and all FBA. I don't get his end game, but I am getting sick of these scammer.  I had another one buy 2 SW sets on 2 different occasions, same return reason as mr M.H, but this second fool substituted the bags with other bags from a cheap brand  and then sealed them with scotch tape. 

When you get a customer return on FBA, do you always request the inventory back so that you can check the contents? I'm always scared that a buyer will pull this swap bag scam on me. Do you eat the cost of the set? This is definitely better than getting hit with fake item claim from the next buyer of the set.

Edited by pete411

25 minutes ago, pete411 said:

When you get a customer return on FBA, do you always request the inventory back so that you can check the contents? I'm always scared that a buyer will pull this swap bag scam on me. Do you eat the cost of the set? This is definitely better than getting hit with fake item claim from the next buyer of the set.

you cant recall a particular unit unless it is marked as damaged , but I do recall all unfulfillable units and check . As far as eating the cost goes, many variables go into place : reason for return , condition of the item , cost of the item , etc... After you have done this for a while , you can guess whether it is worth opening a case or not and what the odds of reimbursement ar.

It does become trickier when amazon puts an item back in stock and mark it as sellable. In this case , I had to recall all the units of this particular item and I am glad I did cause I got this : ( amazon did reimburse me on this one ) 

IMG_0391.JPG

Maybe he’s trying to artificially raise the price of WHs? While also keeping stock levels the same?

As WHs get sold, people send more in. But then as they get returned, they’re tempted to raise the price because of associated costs.
Or as they realize they’re being targeted, they raise their price in an attempt to not be a tempting target.
Same conclusion, prices get artificially raised.
All of you who had WH returns, were you below buybox?

26 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have a pending order from M.H. on a White House this morning.  I think I'm going to cancel his order and report it.

I was called back by Amazon customer support. They canceled the order and raised the issue to the appropriate team to investigate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

3 white houses from MH came back : 2 sellable , 1 damaged . 

Is that Amazon's assessment, or did you remove these from the warehouse and inspect them? In other words, is there a chance "sellable" means somebody did the switcheroo but was good at taping the box back up?

I'm trying to understand this.  My best guess is that M.H. got a pallet or two of these WH sets from the back of the Toys R Us distribution center or perhaps they fell off a truck on its way up from Mexico.  MH is using your clean inventory to fence his stolen property. Laundering the Legos so to speak. Hopefully Amazon works with Lego and the appropriate authorities to shut him down and send him to prison.

The laundering idea makes a lot of sense to me.  Not that you'd be able to find out, but are the return shipments all originating from the same location?  Is MH  'sending all over the country', presumably to legit end buyers, but then sending in the returns from their own stash?

Could it be a less scandalous scam?
He has his own legit inventory of WH.
But he doesn’t want to pay for shipping or FBA fees.
So he lists WH as FBM. When someone buys his, he purchases an FBA. He’ll save $5-6 in fees. Once delivered, he applies for a return in a way that doesn’t harm the FBA seller and gets his WH shipped to Amazon for free.
May he sees it as no harm no foul. But he gets to pocket an extra $5-6 by turning his FBM sales in to FBA drop ships.

Did I explain that clearly? Is that even possible?

38 minutes ago, donbee said:

Could it be a less scandalous scam? ...

Maybe, but I don't think FBM has the volume to pull that off, or be a noticeable problem.  The price difference between FBM and FBA would cancel any savings in shipping, too.

The other curious part is this: when I receive drop-shipped orders, I typically get an email message that states "I just ordered XXXXX, Please sent it promptly but with no packing list or invoice included."    I can't imagine that FBA fulfillment would abide by that request.

This is all very weird.

• Like 1