Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

24 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Did it say anything else in the email Yannick 29 ??

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:

1. In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product.
  2. Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
  3. In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
  4. Click the Request Approval button to start the application process.

We appreciate your cooperation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

=> that's it. The one sent from amazon France is clearer as it says you need to have approval from the brand.

This is weird. If all Lego resellers need to stop on amazon, amazon is going to loose a lot of money.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:57 AM, cladner said:

the gate thus far is impenetrable unless you are an authorized LEGO reseller with a letter from TLG + $1000 fee to Jeff.

We've figured out this doesn't apply to everyone. Established sellers of other products on Amazon have been successful getting auto approval with no fee for selling LEGO.

Edited by minicoopers11

Forgot this part,

Can I still use FBA?
Effective on 2018-04-17, only sellers approved to sell the affected products may send shipments of those products to fulfillment centers.

How will this affect my existing FBA inventory?
If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until 2018-04-18. After 2018-04-18, you either need to (i) obtain approval to continue to sell the affected products or (ii) create a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory.

Although each Removal Order generates a "FBA Return Fee" or "FBA Disposal Fee" that appears in your Seller Central account, we will reimburse fees charged for any Removal Order for the affected FBA inventory placed till 2018-04-18. After 2018-04-18, you will not be reimbursed for removal fees charged for affected FBA inventory.

Received from Amazon Europe this morning ( our account is a pro account few years old, 5 stars, 100% positive comments):

Dear FBA seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Spielzeug products.

What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2018-04-18, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2018-04-18, your listings for these products will be removed.

Why am I receiving this message?
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:

3. In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.

Can I still use FBA?
Effective on 2018-04-17, only sellers approved to sell the affected products may send shipments of those products to fulfillment centers.

If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until 2018-04-18. After 2018-04-18, you either need to (i) obtain approval to continue to sell the affected products or (ii) create a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory.

Although each Removal Order generates a "FBA Return Fee" or "FBA Disposal Fee" that appears in your Seller Central account, we will reimburse fees charged for any Removal Order for the affected FBA inventory placed till 2018-04-18. After 2018-04-18, you will not be reimbursed for removal fees charged for affected FBA inventory.

We appreciate your cooperation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

And this one for LEGOs sent from us directly:

Dear seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Toys products.

Effective on 2018-04-18, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2018-04-18, your listings for these products will be removed.

You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

We appreciate your co-operation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

2 hours ago, yannick29 said:

=> that's it. The one sent from amazon France is clearer as it says you need to have approval from the brand.

This is weird. If all Lego resellers need to stop on amazon, amazon is going to loose a lot of money.

Try to add a new Asin as it says. If it comes up  "listing limitations apply " then request approval. Probably a roll out like the US had  before.

2 hours ago, yannick29 said:

Received from Amazon Europe this morning ( our account is a pro account few years old, 5 stars, 100% positive comments):

Dear FBA seller,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Spielzeug products.

Can I still use FBA?

And this one for LEGOs sent from us directly:

Dear seller,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Toys products.

We appreciate your co-operation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Yes I received this. It's a big vague to me.

I followed the steps from the email and added 2 more products. There was no 'Listing Limitations Apply' to click, or that I could see anyway.

I have no idea what will happen next but all my products are still listed. I'll wait and see...

Anyone know any more?

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Can this thread be merged with the original "selling on Amazon" one please? Gating in Europe seems like quite a major new event worth not dispersing now that the OP has had their question answered.

Done

9 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

sure for the right price BA would sell his...  everyone has a price

BA's price might be $12000, but somebody will probably think it's worth $13000.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1