Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

I've been selling as an individual for a while, now I'm considering of setting up an LLC for liability protection etc.

Is "converting" my current (personal) seller's account to a business account possible, with the Lego selling authorization intact? Has anyone here done that?

Is any cost involved with this account "conversion"? I'm very small so it may not be worth it if it costs a lot.

i would actually be very worried. It shows that they may be considering wholesale changes in their toy selling category for third party sellers. They may potentially be considering requiring brand authorization which is very difficult for small sellers to receive.  They can  create a gate without notice at any time and there is nothing to do about it. 

• Like 1

Question becomes why was an original email regarding selling toys "sent out"

1 minute ago, river41 said:

i would actually be very worried. It shows that they may be considering wholesale changes in their toy selling category for third party sellers. They may potentially be considering requiring brand authorization which is very difficult for small sellers to receive.  They can  create a gate without notice at any time and there is nothing to do about it. 

ninja'd

18 minutes ago, river41 said:

Indeed.  Bezos' investor letter which came out today kept hitting home about setting higher standards which makes you wonder about the future of third party sellers and how amazon could impose a lot of new metrics and controls.  Today amazon partnered with BEST BUY selling TVs both in best buy stores but also Best Buy is going to be a third party seller on amazon.  so you have some joe schmoo selling tv's on amazon next to best buy.  are you kidding me?

28nr6j.jpg

Edited by cladner

1 minute ago, cladner said:

Indeed.  Bezos' investor letter which came out today kept hitting home about setting higher standards which makes you wonder about the future of third party sellers and how amazon could impose a lot of new metrics and controls.  Today amazon partnered with BEST BUY selling TVs both in best buy stores but also Best Buy is going to be a third party seller on amazon.  so you have some joe schmoo selling tv's on amazon next to best buy.  are you kidding me?

Prominent YouTube reseller suggested Best Buy will be closing all stores by end of year.  He seemed pretty confident.  He wouldn't reveal the name other than "large electronics brick & mortar retailer" Obviously just a rumor, though.

• Like 1

Prominent YouTube reseller suggested Best Buy will be closing all stores by end of year.  He seemed pretty confident.  He wouldn't reveal the name other than "large electronics brick & mortar retailer" Obviously just a rumor, though.

It’s very depressing going in those stores nowadays.

I no longer think Amazon wants to be the “everything” store. I currently think Amazon wants to have all of legitimate retails business. I think it’s a bad move on their part. They don’t want to fight and piss off manufactures anymore. So now their fighting all others in between manufactures and customers

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker Forum

27 minutes ago, Robb said:

I no longer think Amazon wants to be the “everything” store. I currently think Amazon wants to have all of legitimate retails business. I think it’s a bad move on their part. They don’t want to fight and piss off manufactures anymore. So now their fighting all others in between manufactures and customers

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker Forum

It will hit manufacturers hard, because Joe Schmo will no longer be buying their product, no matter where it's sold.  As a reseller, why buy if you can't sell.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

Lol eBay has been doing that for years.  Remember Target and TRU have/had their own eBay stores for at least 3 years.  After all this year playing catch up to Amzn, eBay CEO must be thrilled Amzn is dong something that eBay did first :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcaster said:

eBay would be really smart to find a partner and streamline an alternative to FBA.  That seems too obvious for it to not have happened yet...

Much easier for Amzn to find selling partners like Best Buy than eBay finding partners with warehouses + workers + distribution systems to rival FBA :dontknow:

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Much easier for Amzn to find selling partners like Best Buy than eBay finding partners with warehouses + workers + distribution systems to rival FBA :dontknow:

Sure.  But when smaller sellers and anyone doing retail arbitrage on a 6-7 figure scale don't have a home anymore it would seem to add up to a pretty big opportunity.

2 minutes ago, pcaster said:

Sure.  But when smaller sellers and anyone doing retail arbitrage on a 6-7 figure scale don't have a home anymore it would seem to add up to a pretty big opportunity.

It is also a bigger shift in term of business model for eBay.  However, since eBay leaderships are more followers of trend than creators, it would not surprise me if they announce a barely working FBA clone 5 years from now :drag:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol eBay has been doing that for years.  Remember Target and TRU have/had their own eBay stores for at least 3 years.  After all this year playing catch up to Amzn, eBay CEO must be thrilled Amzn is dong something that eBay did first :P

before toys r us and target were on ebay, they had stores on amazon until amazon figured out their business and killed them. 

tru had a 10 year agreement to sell on amazon starting in 2000 instead of growing its own retail website.   target also had a store on amazon that shut down in 2011.

they then went to open stores on ebay because ebay wasn't going to eat their lunch out from under them but it was too late by then.

amazon gets 100 million people to pay them $99 a year ($9.9 billion) before they even make a single purchase just to get their stuff quicker. 

no one pays target, tru or any retailer squat.

amazon has created and mastered a voice recognition ecosystem including speakers and  tv sets and other devices that facilitate further purchasing of more amazon products and services. 

what product has target created?  target can't even control their prices - I wonder what all the stock analysts would be thinking if they knew how much money target lost on the great lego sale of 2018.  how many other products are being sold at a loss because of ineptitude. 

why won't offer up and facebook marketplace erode ebay's dominance?

i don't think ebay ceo is thrilled about anything amazon does but is probably cheering on Trump's bashing which has been a great money making opportunity if you bought amzn on the dip.  once supreme court throws out north dakota's tax case siding with amazon, stock will rally another 2-3%.

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is also a bigger shift in term of business model for eBay.  However, since eBay leaderships are more followers of trend than creators, it would not surprise me if they announce a barely working FBA clone 5 years from now :drag:

assuming ebay is still around in 5 years.  no it will always be around.  that's where people sell their old junk - that's what large number of older prime customers think.  ebay is for buying and selling used stuff.  i know its crazy.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

before toys r us and target were on ebay, they had stores on amazon until amazon figured out their business and killed them. 

tru had a 10 year agreement to sell on amazon starting in 2000 instead of growing its own retail website.   target also had a store on amazon that shut down in 2011.

they then went to open stores on ebay because ebay wasn't going to eat their lunch out from under them but it was too late by then.

amazon gets 100 million people to pay them $99 a year ($9.9 billion) before they even make a single purchase just to get their stuff quicker. 

no one pays target, tru or any retailer squat.

amazon has created and mastered a voice recognition ecosystem including speakers and  tv sets and other devices that facilitate further purchasing of more amazon products and services. 

what product has target created?  target can't even control their prices - I wonder what all the stock analysts would be thinking if they knew how much money target lost on the great lego sale of 2018.  how many other products are being sold at a loss because of ineptitude. 

Darn it I forgot Target & TRU partnership with Amzn.  :P  eBay is too busy trying to follow Amazon's 3PS model

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

why won't offer up and facebook marketplace erode ebay's dominance?

i don't think ebay ceo is thrilled about anything amazon does.

Because it is not as easy as it looks.  Although based on their latest Spring updates I do not know if eBay leadership actually understand eBay's core competency

I have seen this problem with "Request approval" yesterday. Since i am a newbie in Amazon, I thought it is a standard. What I dont understand is:

1) why some lego sets can be added to the list without approval and other not? I found few sets, which can be added without approval.

2) I have found, that 1 set needed an approval yesterday, and today the same set could be added without this. Strange.

3) some sets are involved also in an alternative lists with different name or description, but this lists are not so good visible for customers. This is probably a way how to avoid the approval process. What is your experience with selling a set, which is not involved in the "main" list ?

Because i see as almost impossible to go through the request procedure - even if i found some invoices, how to get a Declaration of conformity?