Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

A glimmer of hope for us dealing with scammers, and a word of warning for those of us who make regular returns on Amazon:

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-bans-people-too-many-returns-2018-5

The scammer thing makes sense and is long over due. I don't agree on banning people for regular returns. Bezo's whole business model is based around convenience, and booting people for returns, especially when they purchase prime memberships, sounds like a bad idea. 

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

A glimmer of hope for us dealing with scammers, and a word of warning for those of us who make regular returns on Amazon:

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-bans-people-too-many-returns-2018-5

Unfortunately this is not a new program being rolled out by Amazon. They have always had an internal system to deal with serial returners. If anything they are way more liberal now than just a few years ago when 10 returns got you flagged. However maybe the article will keep a few buyers from returning too much (not hopeful though). We don't sell  much Lego anymore but we have a huge pile at the end of every month from our other accounts that we donate to goodwil.

It seems more and more individual Amazon listings (ASINs) are getting locked by Amazon within LEGO. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with this (some are rather old).

In recent days I've noticed:

1. #70779 - https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Bionicle-70779-Protector-Building/dp/B00PC7PVCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527110234&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+70779
  2. #10622 - https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Duplo-Large-Creative-pieces/dp/B018DM4FDO
  3. #70738 - https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ninjago-70738-Destinys-Building/dp/B00WHXP5KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1527110281&sr=1-1&keywords=70738

When attempting to add a new listing for any of these, there's a message: "This product has other listing limitations". Seller Support can't get around it and there doesn't seem to be a solution. I'm pretty sure it's unrelated to this particular seller account as there's very few (or zero for 10622) sellers on these listings. Notably, these are ASINs sold on this account before without issue.

It was pretty widely known that Sandcrawler and Tumbler were like this for a while maybe last year (and have since been opened) though it was likely related to shipping issues for those ASINs. Anyone have any idea if there's a trend here? I'm of course concerned that more and more ASINs will get shut out. I've noticed these three just in the last 48 hours so I'm sure there's plenty more.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Anyone dealing with a serial drop shipper whose initials are M.H ? Dude been buying white houses , sending all over the country and then returning them . 100% return rate . 

I sold one last week that appears it might be a drop ship, but different buyer name.

Some good news from me.

I had AMZ side in my favor on an A-Z claim.  All I had to do was send them the tracking info for the shipment.

This is my first A-Z issue.  Plenty of returns, first scammer.  The returns have all been pretty easy with the customer agreeing to pay return shipping both ways.  

So I'm getting a shipment saying completed from earlier this week but 0 items received. Usually I'll get the items received then the same day or a day later complete with however many items I sent. I just got another shipment received and complete with 0 items received. This normal? Will items show up at some point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

So I'm getting a shipment saying completed from earlier this week but 0 items received. Usually I'll get the items received then the same day or a day later complete with however many items I sent. I just got another shipment received and complete with 0 items received. This normal? Will items show up at some point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

There is a glitch on amazon’s end causing this issue . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I've had the same issue with some of my shipments that were delivered last week.  When I look at the details the individual items in the shipment show as received by Amazon and in FC transfer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

There is a glitch on amazon’s end causing this issue . 

Thanks on the info...

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I've had the same issue with some of my shipments that were delivered last week.  When I look at the details the individual items in the shipment show as received by Amazon and in FC transfer.

I've looked into this, but I get nothing on received or FC transfer yet.  I'll keep an eye on it.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Anyone dealing with a serial drop shipper whose initials are M.H ? Dude been buying white houses , sending all over the country and then returning them . 100% return rate . 

Yes, just received his 6th return yesterday -- all WHs. Been going on for weeks. Filed a "Report a violation" case with details to Amazon over a week ago but of course they don't respond to violation reports.

I thought Amazon was supposed to have a new policy about blocking repetitive returners...

38 minutes ago, legolegolego2014 said:

why in the world is he returning them??

I'll take "fraud", for $500, Alex.

Most sellers will probably not ask for the item to be returned, but if they do, M.H. will send back garbage bricks.

Sounds like M.H. is a drop-shipper, selling on a different platform (w*lm*rt maybe? that's were my most frequent drop shippers list) and sourcing from Amazon.  Customer gets the product, M.H. files a return, banks the money from the customer, but 'buy in' is near zero once the Amazon return goes through.  In other words, fraud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcaster said:

Looks like he has been doing this for a while.  I never looked closely before but we have a few of these on our account since March.  I didn't realize they were all from the same guy.

So we lost our sets and money?

7 hours ago, chrisynd said:

Yes, just received his 6th return yesterday -- all WHs. Been going on for weeks. Filed a "Report a violation" case with details to Amazon over a week ago but of course they don't respond to violation reports.

I thought Amazon was supposed to have a new policy about blocking repetitive returners...

So were these FBA sales? Are you getting the returns actually sent back to Amazon? If they are FBA sales and he is stating items never received he will get refunded instantly and you should get a reimbursement less admin fees in 45 days. Amazon will eat the cost in these cases.

7 hours ago, chrisynd said:

Very easy to open unlimited unlinked buyer accounts and get a few easy instant refunds. But if he is using the same name then I am guessing he is just using the same buyer account which is really dumb. Who knows?

He is using the same buyer account to send multiple drop-shipments via FBA of the same item and then returning with "Item was not received by estimated delivery date."  Amazon is returning them to inventory.  One of his drop shipments was actually fulfilled with one of his returns. 

I don't get it.  I could see doing this to drop ship with 2-day shipping with no cost, but not at the premium that these are going for on Amazon FBA.  Maybe trying to launder stolen goods?

36 minutes ago, pcaster said:

He is using the same buyer account to send multiple drop-shipments via FBA of the same item and then returning with "Item was not received by estimated delivery date."  Amazon is returning them to inventory.  One of his drop shipments was actually fulfilled with one of his returns. 

I don't get it.  I could see doing this to drop ship with 2-day shipping with no cost, but not at the premium that these are going for on Amazon FBA.  Maybe trying to launder stolen goods?

I got the same reason for all returns and all FBA. I don't get his end game, but I am getting sick of these scammer.  I had another one buy 2 SW sets on 2 different occasions, same return reason as mr M.H, but this second fool substituted the bags with other bags from a cheap brand  and then sealed them with scotch tape. 

39 minutes ago, pcaster said:

what is the condition of item received that's the main question here.

i have received opened set with bunch of hero-factory content. 

basically person is making $$ of off your inventory

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I got the same reason for all returns and all FBA. I don't get his end game, but I am getting sick of these scammer.  I had another one buy 2 SW sets on 2 different occasions, same return reason as mr M.H, but this second fool substituted the bags with other bags from a cheap brand  and then sealed them with scotch tape. 

exactly same play has happened multiple times from buyer in Kentucky 

5 hours ago, asharerin said:

So were these FBA sales? Are you getting the returns actually sent back to Amazon? If they are FBA sales and he is stating items never received he will get refunded instantly and you should get a reimbursement less admin fees in 45 days. Amazon will eat the cost in these cases.

Very easy to open unlimited unlinked buyer accounts and get a few easy instant refunds. But if he is using the same name then I am guessing he is just using the same buyer account which is really dumb. Who knows?

Yes, FBA. Returns are making it back to Amazon. All but one so far was "Sellable". One I've already removed and checked it, was still sealed and looked fine - weight matched specs. Sent it back in. As others have mentioned, it's all the same buyer account (Mr. M. H. - but different shipping addresses; i.e. I have "6 orders from M.H." on the order info page). Return reason is missed delivery date (it didn't). I'm getting burned on return fees and return stats, but that's about it assuming the rest of the inventory is clean. No idea what the point is.

I gave up and raised the price, hoping he filters himself out before the holidays. ?‍♂️

I'm not selling on Amazon, but do you think this M.H. is somehow trying to tarnish you guys to knock you out of the Amazon seller marketplace?  I mean, if you get tons of returns, at what point does Amazon say to you, "You are a problem because of all the returns."  Never mind it's the same guy doing all the returns, which they are supposedly cracking down on. 

Like a couple of you said, what is his end game?  I can't see how this is profitable for him.  Money laundering does make sense.  At what point do you guys report him to the authorities?