Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Just now, landphieran said:

Could you clarify what the implications are? Are Lego's deemed to contain chemicals?

I wasn't really limiting it to Lego with my inquiry but to answer your question, I haven't made it that far yet. I was hoping they would scrap that law or something but figured it is about time I got up to speed on it. 

As far as implications go, they are fines that accrue on a daily basis.

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

I wasn't really limiting it to Lego with my inquiry but to answer your question, I haven't made it that far yet. I was hoping they would scrap that law or something but figured it is about time I got up to speed on it. 

after I was asked I noticed certain items similar to my item listed had the warning and the particular one did not.  Not sure how accurate the site is yet though.   Guessing just catalog based if they get it right or not.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

so i think we were right here. none of the sets returned to me had my fba on them, all were label free.  the mofo is using amazon for free shipping is my guess, then he returns it to Amazon with free shipping also. if a customer returns a damaged unit to him , he throws that in. 

I haven't visited this thread in a while and missed the whole MH WH fiasco.  So did you guys finally get him banned?

8 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

From CA gov website:

"Businesses with less than 10 employees and government agencies are exempt from Proposition 65’s warning requirements and prohibition on discharges into drinking water sources."

We only have 1 employee so we are exempt from the warning requirements. I would say 10 employees covers most sellers in this forum? Here is a simple rundown:

https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/general-info/proposition-65-plain-language

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, odysea11 said:

This doesn't necessarily pertain to Lego sales specifically....but I have a question for the pros. Does anyone here have multiple seller accounts? And if so, what was the approval process like? Curious if anyone has any insight.....

We have 3 that we’re approved and 2 more that are unlinked and separate. If your metrics are fine just open a case, explain why you need another account (we have one for lego, one for home and kitchen, and one for health and beauty and just told them they are separate businesses with different bank accounts and names) and you will easily be approved in a few hours.

Note that doing it this way your accounts will get linked so if one goes down it will most likely get all of the linked accounts suspended as well. Also you don’t want to sell the same asins on a linked account. For unlinked there is a little more work setting up another Llc, using different mailing and dedicated IP addresses, and getting creative with a drivers license but once done it is free reign and you can really take advantage and stuff the buy box or sell those higher risk items as if suspended it won’t affect any other account.

Both ways not difficult. The time consuming part is aging and growing the new account slow and steady ( for both linked and unlinked) to avoid internal reviews. In 6 months or so it should be eligible for auto approval in all categories and most brands. You don’t want to open a new one now and then go full steam for 4Q or you will get suspended pending invoices etc for everything sold so far and funds held potentially forever if they don’t like your invoices. Open now for 4Q in 2019.

• Like 1

Got first return from my Amazon fire sale.

Buyer returning a $270 friends hotel because it was "used". It was sent in real good condition and obviously everything sealed.

Amazon says they pulling that listing but can't figure out how to appeal (it gives me.steps on how to, but there isn't an appeal option where it should be)

Trying to figure out the scam, I'm sure they will return a half built used set that I'll be stuck with. Obviously it would have been caught at fulfillment center if it was used.

Seems pretty fishy that it's on a higher end item

9 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Buyer returning a $270 friends hotel because it was "used". It was sent in real good condition and obviously everything sealed.

Amazon says they pulling that listing but can't figure out how to appeal (it gives me.steps on how to, but there isn't an appeal option where it should be)

Trying to figure out the scam, I'm sure they will return a half built used set that I'll be stuck with. Obviously it would have been caught at fulfillment center if it was used.

Imho, return is the least of the problem at this moment.

They will come after you with this listing first and if you don’t appeal and win they will come after your entire account.

somewhere here in this site BA @Bold-Arrowhas listed how to appeal and everything.

19 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

was it FBA or FBM ? Did Amazon send you any notification regarding the listing ? 

49 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

5a10162fcc572154a72a666776d4e55e.jpg

That's weird. Normally you'd get a "please review your listings" email first letting you know there could be an issue with the ASIN due to used sold as new complaints. I've gotten a couple of those, but never an ASIN suspension that asks for a plan of action like this. I'm guessing the seals came loose and the customer used some language that made it seem worse than it was.

I emailed the customer to get more information. Doubt they will respond, but a simple "it is used" because they didn't like something about the box shouldn't make it this difficult on my end. I am actually going to try and do it over the phone, sold about 200 sets in last month hopefully that counts for something

11 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I emailed the customer to get more information. Doubt they will respond, but a simple "it is used" because they didn't like something about the box shouldn't make it this difficult on my end. I am actually going to try and do it over the phone, sold about 200 sets in last month hopefully that counts for something

Seller support will not be able to help you out , your best course of action is to reply to pq with the info they requested . Since you don’t have invoices, just supply them with receipts and don’t use the term scammers or anything similar to that . You might want to sleep on it and not answer in haste . They want to know how you will be able to keep their customers happy and avoid similar complaints in the future .

Provide your answer in bullet points and be concise yet specific . Should they reject your appeal, you will respond by saying that you will never  sell that ASIN again.  . The risk , as others eluded to , future complaints might get your account suspended . 

You can also try to reach out to the buyer and inquire about their reasoning . 

3 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

did you have a much higher sales velocity in the last month or 2 then normal?

amazon experts-is it possible they look at accounts with a much higher velocity then normal with a different lense and are much more stringent on complaints in those

this again seems to be a wake up call unless you have a bm store i dont see how anybody selling lego can have wholesale receipts 

i dont know a solution but it seems really scary that 1 or 2 customer complaints can potentially impact your entire account because you are buying retail not wholesale so you cannot back up your items with acceptable to amazon receipts.