Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

23 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I dont sell on Amazon (never did and never will, for that matter). I understand that Amazon selling platform in US is somewhat similar to Google ruling the world with the search engine + many (questionable) free services around.. but look at you what you did to yourself.. not just that you dont get a proper (and earned in fact) feedback from the buyers, you are deliberately willing to undergo total monopoly and blackmailing AMZ practice - like the example you gave above ".. if you dont sell at least 25 items this month, you will NOT BE ABLE to sell throughout the festive season??!! - what else is this than pure and total blackmailing and misuse of monopoly market position! Youve become slaves to Amazon .. I wonder why dont you (there seems to be a lot of you from US) sue Amazon for malpractice based on some class action law infrigment. Lawyers are expensive, but you could share the costs. if you do nothing and continue your business on AMZ, be prepared for tightening the rope next year even harder..  you can say thats easy for me to offer these suggestions, but in my lifetime I sued several times against local giants and even won on several occasions. 

If one was an amazon seller AND a lawyer....big $$$ ;) 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, asharerin said:

No just the workaround trick of making multi-destination shipments and then deleting all but the closest warehouse. This has been going on for years and they finally got around to closing the loop hole. The 5%/6 is a very limited difference that does not materially affect their algorithm or operations and is in place to account for human error and other factors so that will remain. The workaround trick meant hundreds or thousands of units were getting deleted from undesirable warehouse locations on a very frequent basis and was putting alot of pressure on the more desirable destinations. 

the new rules require every shipment from your plan to be received within 30 days of the first one being received. I think that means if you create a plan with shipments going to ca pa and co all 3 need to be received within 30 days of each other.

that raises many questions including

1)  what happens if its sitting at  a amazon dock for a week and hasn't yet been marked as received when your 30 days are up -do you receive the warning

2) what happens if you have a shipment created as part of 1 shipment plan and then add to it as part of a different shipment plan is it 

a-now part of both shipment plans and needs to be recived within 30 days of both shipment plans

b- now attaches itself to the second plan and not the first

c- always remains part of the first shipment plan

the new rules require every shipment from your plan to be received within 30 days of the first one being received. I think that means if you create a plan with shipments going to ca pa and co all 3 need to be received within 30 days of each other.
1)  what happens if its sitting at  a amazon dock for a week and hasn't yet been marked as received when your 30 days are up -do you receive the warning
2) what happens if you have a shipment created as part of 1 shipment plan and then add to it as part of a different shipment plan is it 
a-now part of both shipment plans and needs to be recived within 30 days of both shipment plans
I'm guessing that there will be a wide margin of error on this. It sounds like it is designed to combat the more egregious abuses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

15 hours ago, river41 said:

while these may be valid questions but for frequent amazon shippers none of these are concerns 

1. rarely any of the shipment stayed unchecked for over week in/at amazon docks. [ if this happens then i am sure we have gone through loss claims et. al ]

2. i personally have never had any shipments being held that long.

this is namely to prevent all the loopholes exploited by smart business people to time market.

Edited by newbie77

16 hours ago, newbie77 said:

while these may be valid questions but for frequent amazon shippers none of these are concerns 

1. rarely any of the shipment stayed unchecked for over week in/at amazon docks. [ if this happens then i am sure we have gone through loss claims et. al ]

BWI2..........the horror!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marcandre said:

Anyone gotten the yearly email "You need to have xx many sales in Sept-Oct to sell toys in Nov-Dec"? I have not received it yet. Usually get several every year. I only sell on amazon FBM and only at xmas so it's something I need to pay attention to. 

yes, few times now. 

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

Anyone gotten the yearly email "You need to have xx many sales in Sept-Oct to sell toys in Nov-Dec"? I have not received it yet. Usually get several every year. I only sell on amazon FBM and only at xmas so it's something I need to pay attention to. 

The must sell period is August and September this year. 

Dear Seller, 

We are writing to let you know that your seller account as of August 28, 2018 meets the following Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store this holiday season. This notice serves only to provide you the status of your account but is not a final decision on your eligibility to sell during the holiday. Final eligibility decisions will be based on your performance until October 1, 2018 and will be communicated on October 10, 2018:

Your first sale on Amazon.com must occur prior to August 18, 2018. The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
You must process and ship at least 25 orders from August 1 through October 1, 2018. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate for the period from September 1 through September 30, 2018 must be no greater than 1.75%.
Your late shipment rate for the period from September 1 through September 30, 2018 must be no greater than 4%.   
Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of October 1, 2018.

To remain eligible to sell in the Toys & Games store during this holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines. You can review your order history and performance metrics at the Account’s Health section in Seller Central

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

I found out that the daily sales sum is not working recently.

I got "Today $0 0 Unit" event I have sales.

They have been tweaking a few things on the selling side and cleaned up alot of glitches on the buying side - no more FBM winning the buy box when a buyer is not logged into their account on the desktop site! This is the time of year when they make all of their changes/tweaks for the upcoming shopping rush. Expect intermittent glitches for the next few weeks.

• Like 2