Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Use Google to find the listing/ASIN.  Open a case with seller support to have them fix the "search node."
I had the 75153 ASIN in my tracking XLS, so I opened a case. Got a quick reply saying they fixed the node and it should reappear in 24-72 hours, but so far it hasn't shown yet (we're almost at 72hrs). I was also told to open new cases for each individual ASIN with the same problem, and as far as I can see this affects a whole block of LEGO products....
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Got invited to join the Hazmat FBA program. If you already enrolled in this service, what delivery service do you use ? 

Has to go ground (unless you fill out mountains of paperwork each shipment) so your choices will be usps parcel select, FedEx ground ( smartpost nor allowed) or ups ground (surepost not allowed). We go ups ground. Make sure to buy a roll of orm-d consumer commodity stickers to slap on the box. No partnered shipping so it can get spendy depending on distance to the fc. Good easy money to be made on hazmat listings with suppressed buy boxes where u r the only fba seller priced up to 50% above low fbm. On hazmat where there is a buy box it is a lot harder as fbm will be dominated by retail dropshippers and price will be ultra low.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

I dont get paid for 3-4 weeks. Transaction doesn't show up as sold till her past "pending" status

Normally when I print out a shipping label for an order, it takes about 2-5 minutes for the money to become available in my Amazon Seller balance, and then it gets deposited into my bank account on Sunday nights.  

For this order, I printed out the shipping label, the cost of the label was deducted from my Seller balance, but the funds for the sale have not been deposited into my amazon balance.  So my amazon seller balance is currently at a negative balance because of the shipping label cost. 

I contacted seller support about 20 hours ago and still have not received a call or e-mail back from them.  Really annoyed, especially considering I already shipped the lego set.

4 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Normally when I print out a shipping label for an order, it takes about 2-5 minutes for the money to become available in my Amazon Seller balance, and then it gets deposited into my bank account on Sunday nights.  

For this order, I printed out the shipping label, the cost of the label was deducted from my Seller balance, but the funds for the sale have not been deposited into my amazon balance.  So my amazon seller balance is currently at a negative balance because of the shipping label cost. 

I contacted seller support about 20 hours ago and still have not received a call or e-mail back from them.  Really annoyed, especially considering I already shipped the lego set.

is it a business customer ? 

24 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

There is a new invoice program where business accounts can be invoiced and pay within 30 days . Might be why . 

could one infer that if you are having your product purchased by a business account/buyer with intent for subsequent re- reselling, that you are perhaps underpricing your product?

3 hours ago, cladner said:

could one infer that if you are having your product purchased by a business account/buyer with intent for subsequent re- reselling, that you are perhaps underpricing your product?

not unless they are buying in large quantities i would assume. I have one invoiced order order that I am still waiting to get paid on . 

3 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Curses!

I'm sure it's been beat to death already but that's pretty awful of Amazon to make us wait for that...

it should show like this ( i have a pro account )

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 3.17.30 PM.png

Received a notice yesterday that someone complained I was selling "inauthentic product". The product in question was Temple of Airjituzu 70751 that I sold via FBA (2 of them in August of this year).

I sent in copies of my Amazon purchase of one of these items from Black Friday last year as well as one from Shop.Lego.com from earlier in 2017.

I just received notice they were denying my claim of the product's authenticity, closing my listing and that if they receive another claim they "may not let you sell on Amazon.com".

I need some help here, I've been selling hundreds of Lego sets and minifigures FBA and FBM for the past three years.

Any idea what I can do next?

Thanks....

Received a notice yesterday that someone complained I was selling "inauthentic product". The product in question was Temple of Airjituzu 70751 that I sold via FBA (2 of them in August of this year).
I sent in copies of my Amazon purchase of one of these items from Black Friday last year as well as one from Shop.Lego.com from earlier in 2017.
I just received notice they were denying my claim of the product's authenticity, closing my listing and that if they receive another claim they "may not let you sell on Amazon.com".
I need some help here, I've been selling hundreds of Lego sets and minifigures FBA and FBM for the past three years.
Thanks....

Pretty sure Amazon sqeazing everyone. Will eventually be a handful of big players that can handle it. I'll update here when I get my "used" set back (customer returned it saying it was used, I got similar email from Amazon). I'm guessing I'll be screwed

5 minutes ago, 4cs said:

Thanks....

Maybe I'm unlucky but this happens to me on a pretty frequent basis and with Amazon's robots scouring for keywords. Sometimes the word "fake" gets a claim created against you.

Most recently someone complained that I sold them a rusty water bottle that had sharpened edges. Followed by some other colorful story. I get the item back and it's pristine. 

I fought the case with images of the returned item as well as images of future inventory. Often they will let it slide if you are doing large volume and you don't have a lot of other complaints similar.

2 hours ago, 4cs said:

Thanks....

I am getting a lot of returns marked as defective without consequences. I think a lot of buyers just use this as a means to get their item returned without fees or may be they feel better doing it this way, I don't know. But in your case the buyer took the extra step to contact AMZ CS and complain about you selling an inauthentic product. There must have been something wrong with the set you sold, something you did not notice. Perhaps the set box had some wear suggesting it was not new even with seals. Some buyers are really picky with their boxes. Perhaps the seals were removed and reapplied. Sometimes it is hard to see. Did you try contacting the buyer to find out what he or she deemed inauthentic. Personally, I faced this situation once in October last year. The buyer gave me a negative feedback on a Duplo set that supposedly had open bags and a damaged book. He did not even return the set or asked for a refund which was strange. I  tried to contact the buyer to no avail. Fortunately, AMZ CS did not follow-up but that negative feedback still hurts my rating a year later. Since then I have become paranoid with the set seals, the overall quality and aspect of the set box and the all important set shipping weight. All has to be perfect for me to keep and sell on AMZ, small or large sets. Seals that are not crisp looking, that have a glue line outside of their edges or that are simply bent, crooked or creased, nope.

23 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

I am getting a lot of returns marked as defective without consequences. I think a lot of buyers just use this as a means to get their item returned without fees or may be they feel better doing it this way, I don't know. But in your case the buyer took the extra step to contact AMZ CS and complain about you selling an inauthentic product. There must have been something wrong with the set you sold, something you did not notice. Perhaps the set box had some wear suggesting it was not new even with seals. Some buyers are really picky with their boxes. Perhaps the seals were removed and reapplied. Sometimes it is hard to see. Did you try contacting the buyer to find out what he or she deemed inauthentic. Personally, I faced this situation once in October last year. The buyer gave me a negative feedback on a Duplo set that supposedly had open bags and a damaged book. He did not even return the set or asked for a refund which was strange. I  tried to contact the buyer to no avail. Fortunately, AMZ CS did not follow-up but that negative feedback still hurts my rating a year later. Since then I have become paranoid with the set seals, the overall quality and aspect of the set box and the all important set shipping weight. All has to be perfect for me to keep and sell on AMZ, small or large sets. Seals that are not crisp looking, that have a glue line outside of their edges or that are simply bent, crooked or creased, nope.

That kind of extra twist of the knife would make me more worried about competition being mad at me for either bombing the listing with large quantity and/or undercutting the price of a listing that has been stable for a long period of time.  not saying this is what happened - just how my paranoid mind works.

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

That kind of extra twist of the knife would make me more worried about competition being mad at me for either bombing the listing with large quantity and/or undercutting the price of a listing that has been stable for a long period of time.  not saying this is what happened - just how my paranoid mind works.

If that is what happened then it sucks. I thought the same when that guy gave me a negative feedback and never returned or asked for a refund. AMZ CS told me at the time that if it was the case most of the time these dishonest buyers are repeated offenders and they get caught, eventually. Didn’t help with my feedback but perhaps this is true.

• Like 1

Seals that are not crisp looking, that have a glue line outside of their edges or that are simply bent, crooked or creased, nope.

Yup. I think you have to figure a small but significant quantity of buyers buy large sets....unseal the set..take out what they need...fill it with garbage and such and seal it so it looks pristine. Then proceed to return the item after which Amazon or some other retailer inspects it and places it back in their inventory. I mentioned a while back receiving an assembly square through the target fiasco. Sold it on Ebay luckily open box..and sure enough my assembly square was missing half the square when I was packaging it. Seals looked good. Could not even tell it was tampered with until I opened the box. I weigh the limited amount of big sets I send to Amazon. Haven't sent one in a while and this reminds me not to.
  • Like 1