Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

I was not able to meet the criteria for 2017 holiday toy and game selling; therefore, all my inventory was blocked unless by FBA as of 11/17/2017.

The limitation should have been lifted 1/1/2018 as far as I understand; however, all of my listing except four were still blocked unless by FBA.

I have talked to Amazon seller support who told me that Amazon and manufacturer came to agree on all the items (Lego) needs to be sold by FBA. Was there such policy in effect during holiday season? I would probably learn from the forum.

I checked some of the listings and saw lots of sellers still selling but not by FBA.

Can anyone shine some light on this situation?

You should have received the following in an email from Amazon.
To relist your seller-fulfilled toy listings one at a time:

1.      Log into your seller account.
2.      In the Manage Inventory section, click the radio button to view “Inactive” listings.
3.      Select the inactive listings you want to relist, and then click “Edit” to go to Edit Product Info.
4.      In the “Quantity” field, change the value to the quantity you currently have on hand.
5.      In the “Your Price” field, ensure you enter the correct price.
6.      In addition, update a field other than “Price” or “Quantity.”
7.      Click the “Save and finish” button to save your changes.

57 minutes ago, tyclin said:

I was not able to meet the criteria for 2017 holiday toy and game selling; therefore, all my inventory was blocked unless by FBA as of 11/17/2017.

The limitation should have been lifted 1/1/2018 as far as I understand; however, all of my listing except four were still blocked unless by FBA.

I have talked to Amazon seller support who told me that Amazon and manufacturer came to agree on all the items (Lego) needs to be sold by FBA. Was there such policy in effect during holiday season? I would probably learn from the forum.

I checked some of the listings and saw lots of sellers still selling but not by FBA.

Can anyone shine some light on this situation?

This happened to me for Christmas of 2016.  In 2017 all of my listings were still blocked unless FBA and I had to relist them one at a time.  For 2017 I made damn sure to meet the holiday selling criteria.  Now in January all of my listings are still active.  I'd suggest making it your mission in Sept-Nov of 2018 to meet the holiday selling criteria.  Well worth it.

You should have received the following in an email from Amazon.
To relist your seller-fulfilled toy listings one at a time:

1.      Log into your seller account.
2.      In the Manage Inventory section, click the radio button to view “Inactive” listings.
3.      Select the inactive listings you want to relist, and then click “Edit” to go to Edit Product Info.
4.      In the “Quantity” field, change the value to the quantity you currently have on hand.
5.      In the “Your Price” field, ensure you enter the correct price.
6.      In addition, update a field other than “Price” or “Quantity.”
7.      Click the “Save and finish” button to save your changes.

Got the same email. All my toys are still ‘blocked unless FBA’ and won’t edit. Guess I’ll wait a few days and see if unlock.

8 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

Got the same email. All my toys are still ‘blocked unless FBA’ and won’t edit. Guess I’ll wait a few days and see if unlock.

The unlock won’t come until about mid January. And then you’ll have to manually update each item to relist. Giant pain in the butt

• Like 1

Seeking advice on a FBM return:

Background

• A customer returned a set to me (was sold FBM) and instead of shipping in cardboard box as I had to her, she sent the set back in a poly bubble bag.
  • Well, sure enough, the set box is now severely damaged, so I cannot re-sell on Amazon
  • Return is probably within "policy"
    • purchased in mid-Nov
    • was gifted -- can see tape from wrapping -- probably rejected
    • returned as "bought by mistake" right after Xmas

Can I deduct from the refund?

• I did state in my Amazon storefront I have a 20% restocking fee, but I have never applied it since most returns were in re-sellable condition
  • I am betting that if I tried to reduce the refund, I'm opening myself up for an A to Z claim, right?

Ugh... I guess it's the price of doing biz with Amazon.

• I'll have to try to sell the damaged box set on Ebay instead.

7 minutes ago, g3man said:

Seeking advice on a FBM return:

Background

• A customer returned a set to me (was sold FBM) and instead of shipping in cardboard box as I had to her, she sent the set back in a poly bubble bag.
  • Well, sure enough, the set box is now severely damaged, so I cannot re-sell on Amazon
  • Return is probably within "policy"
    • purchased in mid-Nov
    • was gifted -- can see tape from wrapping -- probably rejected
    • returned as "bought by mistake" right after Xmas

Can I deduct from the refund?

• I did state in my Amazon storefront I have a 20% restocking fee, but I have never applied it since most returns were in re-sellable condition
  • I am betting that if I tried to reduce the refund, I'm opening myself up for an A to Z claim, right?

Ugh... I guess it's the price of doing biz with Amazon.

• I'll have to try to sell the damaged box set on Ebay instead.

Refund full. It sucks but not even worth having to deal with the problems the buyer can cause you if they are not happy.

2 minutes ago, Sharkeye said:

Refund full. It sucks but not even worth having to deal with the problems the buyer can cause you if they are not happy.

Don't do this. You can do up to 50% if you wanted as it is materially different than what you sent. I would do 20% plus cost of return label. 

6 hours ago, LegoBro said:

I'm a low volume seller at this point. I'd refund full without question and avoid any problems. That's just me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Even if you refund full there are so-called buyers who can leave 1-Star feedback and screw up your ratings.

6 hours ago, Sharkeye said:

With the type of buyer described there is no hope to make them happy at any cost.

5 hours ago, amtrak23 said:

Don't do this. You can do up to 50% if you wanted as it is materially different than what you sent. I would do 20% plus cost of return label. 

It’s not materially different. If you received a tin can or blindes or pots or pans in place of set sent then it would be materially different. If you sent set number  1234 and received 1234 back but in squashed condition it’s not materially different. Charging 50% would open up yourself to more problem than it’s worth.

lastly, it depends on 

a. Item price..

b. Your tolerance

if you can afford a-z and bad review then go for 50% restocking fee.

otherwise 20% restocking fee Should be in line with amazon policy.

if want to stick to policy it’s flat 20% no return label fee on top.

• 2 weeks later...

amazon just raised their referral fees on 2 categories to over 15 percent shoes and clothing  .While not directly related to toys i think it should a matter of grave concern. They seem to be making a effort to monetize more and more from their third party sellers. (maybe to justify a increased stock price). They seem to be wanting a ever increasing share of the third party profits.As they slowly destroy their competition and become the dominant game in town I think we all lose. Without competition they seem to feel they can do what they want. This fee increase may be a test case to see how it affects volume etc. Just as their fba fee increases started off negligible but have really picked up steam in the last 2 years -again no competition to speak of so they feel they have pricing power- and now storage fee increases i certainly hope we dont have to deal with  referral fee increases. While it will definitely chase away some sellers the question is what percent ? Ultimately all these fee increases you assume would have to affect the sales prices  but are they so entrenched  that it doesn't matter?Or are there people willing to sacrifice margin for volume. I think that if your margin is too high amazon wants it for itself and only wants to leave you with enough to keep on selling on their platform but not to get wealthy from it.They want all the wealth for themselves.For many many years their goal was volume not profits but now they seem to be turning their attention to profits

3 hours ago, river41 said:

amazon just raised their referral fees on 2 categories to over 15 percent shoes and clothing  .While not directly related to toys i think it should a matter of grave concern. They seem to be making a effort to monetize more and more from their third party sellers. (maybe to justify a increased stock price). They seem to be wanting a ever increasing share of the third party profits.As they slowly destroy their competition and become the dominant game in town I think we all lose. Without competition they seem to feel they can do what they want. This fee increase may be a test case to see how it affects volume etc. Just as their fba fee increases started off negligible but have really picked up steam in the last 2 years -again no competition to speak of so they feel they have pricing power- and now storage fee increases i certainly hope we dont have to deal with  referral fee increases. While it will definitely chase away some sellers the question is what percent ? Ultimately all these fee increases you assume would have to affect the sales prices  but are they so entrenched  that it doesn't matter?Or are there people willing to sacrifice margin for volume. I think that if your margin is too high amazon wants it for itself and only wants to leave you with enough to keep on selling on their platform but not to get wealthy from it.They want all the wealth for themselves.For many many years their goal was volume not profits but now they seem to be turning their attention to profits

Amazon keeps growing its Prime membership at a staggering pace year over year. Selling fees go up every year but at a much smaller pace. I still cannot believe how cheap it is to sell on the platform. They just jacked up the price of monthly Prime. Do we the customer need Amazon more than they need us? Sure feels that way lol. AMZN will pop yet again. Go get your share of that wealth.

bez1.jpg

Just got word of a new Amazon program called FBA Onsite. It is just being rolled out but the gist of it is you can use your own warehouse as your own FBA FC. No more shipping to FC you just add them like you would seller fulfilled Prime. No more storage fees. Flat rate 2 day shipping anywhere in the USA and you use Amazon's transportation network. Eventually all returns will go back to your warehouse. In beta phase so if it works out should be open eventually to everybody just like Small & Light was rolled out. Things are looking very very good.

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Just got word of a new Amazon program called FBA Onsite. It is just being rolled out but the gist of it is you can use your own warehouse as your own FBA FC. No more shipping to FC you just add them like you would seller fulfilled Prime. No more storage fees. Flat rate 2 day shipping anywhere in the USA and you use Amazon's transportation network. Eventually all returns will go back to your warehouse. In beta phase so if it works out should be open eventually to everybody just like Small & Light was rolled out. Things are looking very very good.

That's awesome.  I love SFP, but my only gripe has been no access to the "Sunday delivery" USPS system.  If I can ship my own products AND tap into the AMZ delivery network, that would be great news.

54 minutes ago, asharerin said:

intersting , but how is that any different than FBM aside from tapping into the transportation network ? will they handle CS? and im guessing i will need to ship and pack 50 orders a day , pay packaging material and hire a packer to two ?

intersting , but how is that any different than FBM aside from tapping into the transportation network ? will they handle CS? and im guessing i will need to ship and pack 50 orders a day , pay packaging material and hire a packer to two ?

You are correct. It’s been in beta for awhile already.

Don’t forget goons! Every good warehouse in the movies has goons for security
  • Like 4

Anybody else notice that Amazon has changed almost every Lego set to require a label. I'm hoping it is a bug because even sets I just created 2 days ago are now required Amazon label. I tried sending in a couple of recent ones and it is almost 100% changed. And you have to create another listing. I'm hoping my this is a bug. 

Edited by cory730

1 minute ago, cory730 said:

Anybody else notice that Amazon has changed almost every Lego set to require a label. I'm hoping it is a bug because even sets I just created 2 days ago are now required Amazon label. I tried sending in a couple of recent ones and it is almost 100% changed. And you have to create another listing. I'm hoping my this is a bug. 

start here : https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/5327-selling-through-amazon-fba/?do=findComment&comment=761236

Anyone know why this listing is gated? ASIN B01CU9X1OU (Nexo Ultimate Axl). Says I cannot list. I'm fine listing other Nexo Ultimate figures.

The "request approval" screen asks me to upload a recent invoice/receipt from a manufacturer/distributor showing purchase of a minimum of 10 units. Would it be worth a shot sending in a Walmart receipt with my address details added, or is that going to harm me as it doesn't meet the requirements?