75056 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2014

Darth_Raichu

If you had to guess, what would you say the prospects for the advent calendars are at this point as a flip this year? I see the star wars version is OOS on target.com and that Amazon has put a 2 per order limit on all of them. I haven't been seeing tons of them in stores. Thoughts?

Its Amazon sales rank is #8 in toys and games, so it's already relatively popular.  It will just be a matter of if supply can meet the rising tide of the holiday sales surge.

I haven't purchased any yet, but will probably pick a handful up in the next week or 2.

Edited by xeeeej

Based on Amazon 3rd party sales values last year (from camelcamel), I'd say around Nov 23-26.

That's around the same time the Dolphin Cruiser and Heartlake Vet started getting hot too. Probably a good gauge. Three more weeks to stock up on sets you think will be good flips. Choose wisely... 

Choose-Wisely.jpg

• Like 1

I think this will sell out too. The question is will it get high enough to be worthwhile. I have not seen it discounted much. If paying $43 a set it's going to need to double to be worth the trouble, at least for me. 

I was able to get 3 at 20% from yoyo. Boscovs had it discounted too but ran out pretty quick. Anyone see it discounted anywhere else? 

I think this will sell out too. The question is will it get high enough to be worthwhile. I have not seen it discounted much. If paying $43 a set it's going to need to double to be worth the trouble, at least for me. 

I was able to get 3 at 20% from yoyo. Boscovs had it discounted too but ran out pretty quick. Anyone see it discounted anywhere else? 

The B&****** deal a few weeks ago got them down to $30.

Also did a few buy 3 and get the holiday promo with double points so after selling promo and bonus points about $32 each

TRU Bricktober deal , buy 2 and sell the Bricktober got down to $27.50-30

Am I the only one that thinks this one is bad? I'm new, but there too many people excited over the silliest things. You can pick up some of each of the last few years calendars for around $50 shipped without looking too hard, so why is this one so much better? It's not like Darth Santa is selling $20 a pop right now

I'll pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks this one is bad? I'm new, but there too many people excited over the silliest things. You can pick up some of each of the last few years calendars for around $50 shipped without looking too hard, so why is this one so much better? It's not like Darth Santa is selling $20 a pop right now

I'll pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

And last year, when the Friends and SW Advent calendars were out of stock, people were paying double for them.

Not all investments are long term investments.

Edited by cvail8

I'm at 60 of them.  Only about a dozen friends and city.  No reason really just focused on the SW.  Have roughly $30 or less into them so I expect to do well with them.  Think this one is a lot better than the others also.  They are a short term investment for me as well.  Like you said they don't really sell any better a few years later but you can double pretty easy when they run out if you picked up at a discount.

Same numbers here but I also have a handful of friends sets.

I stopped buying them last month but I may pickup another 10-20 SW's this week as I run across them.

Worst case I part them out and put them on BL next year.

Pretty confident that won't be necessary.

Agreed, haven't bought anymore since TRU promotion ended.  See if any other deals pop up.  Would like to get some more Friends and City.  I do well with the 3 pack lots.  Just really like the Vader piece and like you said should be easily to part out down the road if need be (also don't think it will be necessary)