75056 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2014

Darth_Raichu

So, did the sale prices of the Star Wars Advent Calendar approach $100 last year, or closer to $75?

I didn't partake last year, but my research indicates that $75ish was the post BF benchmark with a few spikes to $100ish which did not last long.  My goal is $80 each.  Alhough with 2011 and 2012 SW being poor performers, 2013 likely came out of left field to most.  I would expect it's on many more radars this year.  So $80 may be a little too hopeful.

Edited by SnowmanOlaf
  • Like 1

I didn't partake last year, but my research indicates that $75ish was the post BF benchmark with a few spikes to $100ish which did not last long. My goal is $80 each. Alhough with 2011 and 2012 SW being poor performers, 2013 likely came out of left field to most. I would expect it's on many more radars this year. So $80 may be a little too hopeful.

In years past, Lego overproduced the Advent sets. They were easy to get after BF. I remember picking them up at half off at Legoland California mid way through December one year.

Last year, they produced far less. Of course I don't have access to the numbers, but it was obvious from the availability. The Friends set was gone before the middle of November. I was going to wait until the end of November, and had to scramble to get one for my daughter.

In years past, Lego overproduced the Advent sets. They were easy to get after BF. I remember picking them up at half off at Legoland California mid way through December one year.

Last year, they produced far less. Of course I don't have access to the numbers, but it was obvious from the availability. The Friends set was gone before the middle of November. I was going to wait until the end of November, and had to scramble to get one for my daughter.

I flipped a few Star Wars and Friends calendars last year for around $60 each.  I didn't wait until the peak.  I picked up those for $13 each at KMart during clearance season in early October.  I'm not sure I'll jump in to a $40 investment for a flip at $65 - $75.  If they jump to $100, it would be worth it.  I know several folks ordered from Amazon.co.uk and they should do OK, but they won't make a killin'.

• Like 1

I flipped a few Star Wars and Friends calendars last year for around $60 each. I didn't wait until the peak. I picked up those for $13 each at KMart during clearance season in early October. I'm not sure I'll jump in to a $40 investment for a flip at $65 - $75. If they jump to $100, it would be worth it. I know several folks ordered from Amazon.co.uk and they should do OK, but they won't make a killin'.

That's right - October was the time to pick the up last year, because they did clearance them early on.

I didn't partake last year, but my research indicates that $75ish was the post BF benchmark with a few spikes to $100ish which did not last long.  My goal is $80 each.  Alhough with 2011 and 2012 SW being poor performers, 2013 likely came out of left field to most.  I would expect it's on many more radars this year.  So $80 may be a little too hopeful.

Yeah not sure if they'll hit that this year but $70-75 should be doable.  

Galorco is going to hold the price at 59.99.  Last year the inventory was limited and the price jumped high.  As you can see, few of the Amazon sellers this year are having 3 digit number of Advent Calendars in stock.  Until Thanksgiving it will hold that price and beyond that the price will decay.  If the demands holds still as of today for another 2 weeks, those who are waiting to sell with higher profits will make money.  As of Dec 1, 2014 you are better off if you sell whatever you have at the buy box price and get out.

Galorco is going to hold the price at 59.99. Last year the inventory was limited and the price jumped high. As you can see, few of the Amazon sellers this year are having 3 digit number of Advent Calendars in stock. Until Thanksgiving it will hold that price and beyond that the price will decay. If the demands holds still as of today for another 2 weeks, those who are waiting to sell with higher profits will make money. As of Dec 1, 2014 you are better off if you sell whatever you have at the buy box price and get out.

Exactly my plan. Price to win the buy box around cyber Monday

Current amazon buy box seller is Galorco at $59 with over 999 in stock. 2 questions. How the hell does someone aquire that many and do you all think they will sell out at the same speed as TRU? Same seller has some insane quantities of other lego sets.

Yowza. Looks like it's down to 995 now, so at least there's that. :bad:

Short answer:

It applies to selling on amazon and having me appear as the featured seller on the item page with "buy it now" and "add to cart" buttons for my inventory.

Thanks for that. I am relatively new to selling on Amazon, but so far so good. How does one earn or get to become the "featured seller" on an item page? Is this for FBA sellers only?