75056 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2014

Darth_Raichu

As long as there are arbitrage opportunities the market is not in equilibrium. What others call price gouging I call it equilibrium prices. The investors are the ones who move the market to the equilibrium. If we don't buy up the stuff then the low prices leads to a higher demand than with prices over MSRP, leading to people complaining about the product being sold out, e.g. there would be excess demand. Same situation, just the people who did not get from the set are different: now the wealthier ones get it. There will be always ones who are misfortunate if supply is below demand.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is what LEGO hates. It's capitalism at its finest...or worst some would argue. I just wonder though how much negative feedback a company like Amazon will accept before they limit excessive pricing of items. Or maybe they are quite aware and just don't care.

Have you seen Amazon's balance sheet? They should be encouraging higher prices.

Oh yeah they are still planning for "long term". I wonder when they will turn profitable or when the shareholders lose their faith.

"Long term".

I don't think they've been profitable ever. Every year the big investors rattle their sabres and shout for profits and changes. It's great to watch.

My hopes jumped on seeing this thread that prices had hit $80 already but not so much.

You people are all a tease.

Good news is Galorco is down to 233 sets.   Hopefully he'll be out by this weekend unless he raises his prices.

Me too. But no. Prices still holding steady at $60 shipped on Ebay.

Just sold my last Advent of all types. Happy and sad at the same time.

I avg w/ship $56 on City, $74 on SW and $43 on last years Friends. I didn't grab any of the 2014 friends because I had a large stock from Kmart spring clearance of the 2013 @ $16.

Could have waited for more profits but happy to have moved them all and clear out the corner in my house where we put up our Christmas Tree :)

I guess I was "gouging" when I was selling these for $70 in August.

Green Grocers for $1,500 5 years after retirement well that is perfectly OK and fine.

But $70 for an Advent Calendar the year it came out - they may call you a gouger.

I call you a friend. :)  (or brother since I sold mine for $70 each too)

• Like 2

Green Grocers for $1,500 5 years after retirement well that is perfectly OK and fine.

But $70 for an Advent Calendar the year it came out - they may call you a gouger.

I call you a friend. :)  (or brother since I sold mine for $70 each too)

No, you misunderstand.  I was selling this year's set in August for $70.  :)

All because people *had* to have it in their hot little hands.  I knew full well that they'd be everywhere in another month.  But, if someone wants to be impatient, and they want to pay me for their impatience, I'm happy to take their money.

• Like 1

No, you misunderstand.  I was selling this year's set in August for $70.  :)

All because people *had* to have it in their hot little hands.  I knew full well that they'd be everywhere in another month.  But, if someone wants to be impatient, and they want to pay me for their impatience, I'm happy to take their money.

Ah I love the get it ahold of release date and sell it for 3x the price if I can model.

I have a TRU by me that loves to put stuff on the shelf early, then sell it to me, then realize they have to do an override and then yank the rest from the shelf.

:)

Your still a friend brother whenever you gouge them.  hehe.

People do not have to buy things.

Yeah, people who complain probably did not experience real price gouging in their lifetime... or they consider necessity to please their children (inner or actual one) as essential to survival

Indeed. I've been through MANY hurricanes in my short time on this rock. Paying $5 for a gallon of water? Been there, done that. This is nothing. 

My perspective is that the majority of consumers have yet to seek this set out to buy.

Most people are running around getting thanksgiving dinner ready and traveling / family /etc.

This weekend they will wake up and remember advent and rush to buy what they can.

Hopefully the 3p sellers will either raise prices or be out this weekend.

Combine that with lego fans and santa vader - and I feel like this see solid increases for the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Well I sold all of my stock for $74.95 except one and I bumped up the price to 79.95 the other day.  I saw a bunch still in the $72-$75 range (this is ebay) so I put it back down to $74.95 and it sold in 3 minutes after I did that.  I really think there is still a lot of demand.  Not everyone will care if they miss having this on December 1st.  Last year I know they were selling for $80 or so and that was after Dec 1st and that was with no Santa Vader in play.  I think I should have not lowered my price and kept 3 or 4 to shoot for $85-$90 in a week or so but then again I'm happy to have sold them all.

My advice FWIW, hang tight on the high price, it will get there! 

To the fellow QFLL's selling advents on Amazon: are you holding your price for a few more days? Or have you sold already? I notice some sellers are starting to panic, and it seems like demand has dropped some. Thoughts?

Let the other people panic.  The madness has just begun.  It will blow you away at how fast sellers start dropping like flies over the next few days.  Should be an easy $75-$80 to those patient enough, which even if sourced at MSRP, is a $20-$25/unit profit at FBA.

• Like 2