75056 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2014

Darth_Raichu

91Xf6e42jEL._SX522_.jpg   post-1-0-00037300-1408112365.png

--------------------------------

(Edit by jaisonline...)

Link to order the Advent Calendar from Amazon:

Preorder the LEGO Star Wars Star Wars Advent Calendar 75056 Exclusive Darth Vader

--------------------------------

Original post = Speaking of the new banner for SW advent calendar pre-order, I think Amazon's title / heading for the item is pretty funny (underlined for emphasis):

LEGO Star Wars Star Wars Advent Calendar 76056 Stacking Toy

Edited by Ed Mack
Added images

This years SW Advent calendar is a home run. With the highly collectible Santa Darth Vader, you can expect this to be a hard to find set. Also, Advent Calenders are limited as well, even though they never say they are. They have a 4-5 month run and that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This years SW Advent calendar is a home run. With the highly collectible Santa Darth Vader, you can expect this to be a hard to find set. Also, Advent Calenders are limited as well, even though they never say they are. They have a 4-5 month run and that's it.

Agree. I need that Vader for my toy shop I display ever year. I already have Santa Yoda putting the star on the tree. 

I'm not going to pre order but will want a few at least. These go on sale much? 

Definitely. I believe this years is a definite winner. If they go on sale, I am stocking up. Sell them after they go OOS right around Christmas time hopefully. 

I'll take the counter position on the Advent calendars.  This one might be different because of the Darth Santa minifigure, but I have never found the Advent Calendars to be worth it from a resale perspective.  Sure they go up in value, but not as much or as quickly or as consistently as other sets. 

I'll take the counter position on the Advent calendars.  This one might be different because of the Darth Santa minifigure, but I have never found the Advent Calendars to be worth it from a resale perspective.  Sure they go up in value, but not as much or as quickly or as consistently as other sets. 

Long-term resale potential, maybe not.  But if you can grab them on sale at $30ish, and sell for double that at the end of November, why not?

(average December 2013 sale value of 75023 Star Wars advent calendar was $66)

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=75023-1

Last year the Star Wars Advent Calendar sold out much quicker and clearance opportunities were few and far between.  The 2 years prior they were readily available through December and many stores still had enough to clearance them after Christmas.  It's a bit of a gamble because last year there was a good opportunity for resale but the previous years they didn't move because they were everywhere.

• Like 3

The 2014 2014 STAR WARS Advent Calendar went on presale today on Amazon.  My question is, is this something to buy early and hope to flip late November early December?  I was looking on Ebay and it seems previous years are selling at about retail.  I ordered 2, one for myself and one maybe to make a few bucks. 

Locally, all of the Advent calendars were gone by mid-November.  I remember years past getting them for 50% off at Legoland California by mid-December, and counted on the same thing.  Then I remember scrambling around SoCal, trying to find at least one elusive Friends Advent Calendar for my daughter.  Couldn't get them online, either.

I'm going to buy early this year, especially the SW Advent.  I'd love to have that Vader for my Winter Village.  I wouldn't suggest waiting around this year.

Excellent on an official thread for this.  Now that there is one, I hope we can expand this thing to live on for a long time like the SSD whether we discuss anything relevant or not.  Hoping this is on sale @ Lego LEGO Shop at Home in September and can stack some with the Space Man mini figure.

I see them go on sale at LEGO LEGO Shop at Home after Xmas a lot, but this set is different than previous years because of the Santa Darth, so I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I have a feeling this one will get poofed 3 days in let alone having it hang around for a week. If there's no limit, I'm buying 30 to warm up on day one.

A good time to pick up the calendars (before Dec) is during 2-3x's vip pts event in Oct/Nov and/or when there's a cool polybag to flip.  I believe last Oct there was the 2x vip event plus SW polybag and holiday set for purchase over $100.  Some stores might have calendars out that early.    I didn't pick up the SW one last yr and still sitting on 2 City calendars haha.  Only positive is I can give one to my son to open this holiday and use it in our small modular street/city.  The 2'nd calendar I'd be happy flipping it at cost locally or save down the road.  From investment point of view, felt kinda burned seeing them (city calendar) on sale late Dec and than further reduced to $10 after holidays lol.  Chalk it up to lack of experience :)