75056 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2014

Darth_Raichu

I doubt we shall see another Christmas Tree R2-D2 ever again. There is a likely chance to see Darth Santa again but probably a different variant. The minibuilds are quite clever overall and pretty nifty. Not exactly a great value for your buck but we're used to that from Advent Calendars in general which are simply meant to be a fun quick daily activity for your kid. Anywho depending on how short of a supply Lego produces this year compared to the last, this could be a good flip especially with the intended season for the set just around the corner.

• Like 1

Anyone looking to flip these barnes and noble is carrying them at msrp.

Their tax exempt process online is pretty easy so no tax + 15% gc makes it a decent discount.

Limit 5 of each.

I had to pay my state tax; the tax exempt option asked for proof of status.  Still 15%-8% sales tax = more value than 1x lego points.  Thank you for some action on a slow day.

I'm also not too sure about the calender.

I got some just in case (I mean obviously it's only because of the Darth Vader isn't it?) and I hope they will sell.

Still I would not count on them to do much more than double price so I guess there are better investments with lower risk and more potential.

(But as it is "inexpensive" why not get some anyways ;-) )

welp, i just got my first two calendars combo'd with the santa workshop to get the promos ...

just wondering if you guys are quick flipping these for lets say an average price of $75 ... minus fees and shipping this will net you a profit of about $15 ...

my question is will breaking this set up and selling the minifigs net you a better profit?  those of you who have done this whats your take?

i just dont see this set going any further than $80 ...

welp, i just got my first two calendars combo'd with the santa workshop to get the promos ...

just wondering if you guys are quick flipping these for lets say an average price of $75 ... minus fees and shipping this will net you a profit of about $15 ...

my question is will breaking this set up and selling the minifigs net you a better profit?  those of you who have done this whats your take?

i just dont see this set going any further than $80 ...

Haven't parted any as they sold well at $60 the first few weeks.  My cost was $30 with promos factored in.  I got lucky on some close sales so netted right around $12-14 per set.  Was mainly seeing interest to judge how they will do at xmas.  Figure $75ish if they sell out at the right time.  Seems like it would be hard to get that broken down.  

• 1 month later...

The advent calendars have made appearances in my local b&M targets this past week.

Been to a few and at most I've seen 2 on the shelves.

Interested to see market reaction to them in the physical stores.

I haven't seen the SW yet at Target, just the friends and city.  Only 1 or 2 on those so far too though.   Think we're in the same city too.  

TRU has had them and they sell out every few days then they put about 4-6 more out.  All the advents seem to sell pretty well in physical stores as a lot are out every few days.

The advent calendars have made appearances in my local b&M targets this past week.

Been to a few and at most I've seen 2 on the shelves.

Interested to see market reaction to them in the physical stores.

Exactly the same scenario at my Target with only a single Friends and City Advent Calendar on the shelf. I'm surprised anybody left any at all really. Haha.

Fred Meyer, a big Northwest chain, has had them on the shelves for a couple of weeks now. They even had them 20% off as a coupon deal for a week. The Star Wars ones have sold very quickly I have noticed. Most stores have tons of Friends ones - much slower sales there. YMMV, just one data point. My gut says they adjusted production and we may see more of these this year. I'm not going to bother trying to flip them myself.