Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

I just don't know as more and more series come out and same color sets, people will be paying a lot for the older sets.  Right now S1 and S2 are popular and have stalled at $110 and $75 on average for almost 5 months.  These aren't aimed for adults.   I'm starting to wonder when a good time to get out is because if there are 6 series out by xmas, and kids don't care as long as they get more (readily available), they won't need S1 or S2 anymore.  I feel like they might peak soon if not already.  Plus how many will kids need, or even the small % of adults who might collect them (I won't be foolish to say that no adults have them).  7-8-9 sets of 9 figures each.  There are infinite amounts of combos to make already and all colors basically so why would people need the first ones.   Just trying to play devils advocate here. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Mixels, but the buzz is wearing off too.  

I've continually said I'm getting out of S2 when they hit $90-100 per set.  It's not that far away but they haven't been going up at all lately either.  $80 seems to be where it's stalling.  What's interesting is that sets of 3 sell better than sets of 9 when you add them up.  Might be the way to go.  

I just don't know as more and more series come out and same color sets, people will be paying a lot for the older sets.  Right now S1 and S2 are popular and have stalled at $110 and $75 on average for almost 5 months.  These aren't aimed for adults.   I'm starting to wonder when a good time to get out is because if there are 6 series out by xmas, and kids don't care as long as they get more (readily available), they won't need S1 or S2 anymore.  I feel like they might peak soon if not already.  Plus how many will kids need, or even the small % of adults who might collect them (I won't be foolish to say that no adults have them).  7-8-9 sets of 9 figures each.  There are infinite amounts of combos to make already and all colors basically so why would people need the first ones.   Just trying to play devils advocate here. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Mixels, but the buzz is wearing off too.  

I've continually said I'm getting out of S2 when they hit $90-100 per set.  It's not that far away but they haven't been going up at all lately either.  $80 seems to be where it's stalling.  What's interesting is that sets of 3 sell better than sets of 9 when you add them up.  Might be the way to go.  

​of course ... its all good discussion. you have covered the demand side very well.

another KEY aspect is the supply side. S1 reached 80+ very fast then it took a while to cross $100. same thing i am seeing with S2 as well. It has been stagnant @ around $90...

in my opinion, reason for this is there is a HUGE SUPPLY that's coming from ASIA that's keeping the price down. MY HOPE IS as soon as that supply dries up price is going to spike very fast. (obviously there is RISK here in MY ASSUMPTION. but again there are folks who are happy with 11% ROI (so they are the one who are holding the price down) ... so we have to wait till the SUPPLY IS COMPLETELY GONE.

S3 is going to be the worst of ALL based on the performance. I can still get boxes of them at below retail. so it would literally take a while to absorb the supply of the world that's coming to US. I personally believe LOT of RESELLERS are going to GET STUCK with S3 FOR a very very LONG time.

• Like 1

Yeah most of what inventory is S2.   I don't have tons like some people but I have enough to make it something to consider.  No matter what, I'm going to make money and most will because with smart buy ins, it's easy money.  Mixels have done really well and they aren't going to go down.  Stagnant yes but not down.  

I agree with everything you said.  The Asia supply has been an influence lately and those sales aren't as high. For one, if I'm a buyer, I'm not taking the risk of buying from over there just because it's $10 cheaper.  Not really coming from problems areas like China but still, I trust more that I'll get what I order if I keep it more local.  Anywho, yes when that dries up a bit, prices will climb but I'm putting a cap on S1 at $130 for a long time and S2 at $100 max.   S2 has more been around $75 lately than $90 like you said.  Sets of 3 by color has been doing better.   

I only have 2 sets of Series 3 so I"m not overly worried and I bought in cheap so I won't lose money by any means.  I honestly cap them out at $60 and S4 already passing S3 as is, once they both go, S4 will hit $80 at some point but again, just don't see the sets growing more than that any more as there will just be too many sets.  If I'm a new buyer, a parent, whatever, whoever buys Mixels...If there are 8 or 9 sets out and 2-3 sets of each color by then, I won't care about the older ones.  There will be so many combos and characters that will be more than enough to keep me or my kids busy.  

I don't know if I'll have the patience to wait until next xmas.  Not sure if that will make a difference. Will people spend more as gifts on older Mixels or get bigger single set Lego.  Idk.  Time will tell.  

amazon series 1 sales [ ranked @ under 11k its moving consistently ]. i am not sure who is buying but based on my knowledge one FBA seller there has sold over 80boxes=80X3=240sets at the very least  between december and now. ( i may be off in this count; on the upside but not on the low side) and this seller still has over 50 remaining. (at the time of writing)...

​How are you able to tell things like this (about inventory levels of amazon sellers)?

Ha!  I'm just the opposite.  I really like all 9 of those!  I thought they are some pretty great designs.

​The characters do get more bizarre by the minute. However I find the detail to also be more intricate and interesting than the first year critters. The Weldos are rad and I think the Munchos are simply hilarious! Haha. Only thing I am wondering other than the build experience is how I shall tackle the Mixel Mech concept for each tribe. I am complete with Series 1, 2, and almost 3 soon to start on Series 4 with that ongoing project.

Which one comes with the Nixel King dude? I think it's one of the yellow's.

It is. At that last toy fair, they had him placed in front of Kramm and Forx while a little closer to Kramm.

• 2 weeks later...

Series 5 has popped up on ebay and selling really well as you can imagine since there have only been a few listings for them.  2 of the 3 sets (brown and blue) I really like.  I expect them to do well like series 4 has been.   Series 3 is now gone and partially retired already (that was fast) and Series 4 right from the start has had a much lower production run that I've seen in stores and almost always gone and picked through in PA/DE.  Still the best IMO.  

To see Series 5 popping up in hand in the U.S. is odd when Lego store doesn't have them officially on sale yet is strange but are they actually already in stores in Northern States and in Canada?  I figured June would be official release. 

• 2 weeks later...

Globert is definitely gone now. Seems the production run of series 4 (at least for shop Lego quantities) was much smaller than series 3. I have never actually seen more than 1 case of series 4 at any retail outlet at one time.

Globert is definitely gone now. Seems the production run of series 4 (at least for shop Lego quantities) was much smaller than series 3. I have never actually seen more than 1 case of series 4 at any retail outlet at one time.

​now that's hypothesis.

although it may seem that series 4 production was/is less, there is no way to quantify with reference to Series 3.

what i would mention is that "may be reseller are so stuck with S3 they decided not to buy S4 which may have caused that feel that not a single box at a time :D look and feel" but it has always been a hard item to find @ my neck of woods...

Edited by newbie77

​Like I said, still showing "available" for me.  However weird thing is that I can add him to my bag and it goes through, yet when I actually click on him there is no option to "add to bag".   The others are fine, just Globert is like this.  

But I can add him to my bag so can't be quite gone yet.  Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that all of series 3 went "sold out" online briefly only to come back again briefly before selling out and retiring for good.  

S4 was very very scarce in my areas.  Stores no doubt ordered less of it after they were stuck with tons of S3.  Hard to say if they are more popular with the masses, because chances are the hoard snatched up any S4 for themselves which made it that much harder to find them in the wild.  

Days of mixels are over.  Let's bump up our prices on ebay and move on.  

​Like I said, still showing "available" for me.  However weird thing is that I can add him to my bag and it goes through, yet when I actually click on him there is no option to "add to bag".   The others are fine, just Globert is like this.  

But I can add him to my bag so can't be quite gone yet.  Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that all of series 3 went "sold out" online briefly only to come back again briefly before selling out and retiring for good.  

S4 was very very scarce in my areas.  Stores no doubt ordered less of it after they were stuck with tons of S3.  Hard to say if they are more popular with the masses, because chances are the hoard snatched up any S4 for themselves which made it that much harder to find them in the wild.  

Days of mixels are over.  Let's bump up our prices on ebay and move on.  

For those of you on this board that are undercutting my efforts to get the price higher, would you please listen to this advice? :)
  • Like 1