Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

Turg is "Call to Check Availability" on Lego Shop US, but Spugg is Sold Out.

Resurrection likely? Or did Spugg sell out after being officially on the market for 17 days?

most likely its a ploy to create false demand... i seriously doubt that there is such a high demand for that particular mixel :)

Edited by newbie77

There's a couple of ebay auctions where Turg is selling for €15/€16 and with days still to go on the bid. Are there always some of each series which are harder to get?

didn't remember seeing this early in the cycle... (within 2/3 weeks ). either they really screwed up or resellers are going to regret like Series 3 for hoarding it so early.

6 of the 9 Series 5 mixels went to sold out.  41539 41540 41541 41542 41543 41544.   Short supply??  Increased demand from the Turg controversy that spilled over into the rest of the yellows , and extended to the blues???

or just complete Chaos....

been out 3 weeks and sold out status is a little strange.  How can you not have enough mixels for the masses? Maybe time to get a few QFLL transactions out of them.

Sets are selling well and blues and yellows are pulling strong numbers.  

• Like 1

6 of the 9 Series 5 mixels went to sold out.  41539 41540 41541 41542 41543 41544.   Short supply??  Increased demand from the Turg controversy that spilled over into the rest of the yellows , and extended to the blues???

or just complete Chaos....

been out 3 weeks and sold out status is a little strange.  How can you not have enough mixels for the masses? Maybe time to get a few QFLL transactions out of them.

Sets are selling well and blues and yellows are pulling strong numbers.  

Damn, I completely underestimated the controversy

i have a pure speculative theory about the series 4 .. regarding { golbert} going out as the first creature.

all the kids i interact with they seem to go for

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

glowkies doesn't come in their choice let alone Golbert. { unless i am having company of weird kids ;) . }

so, i decided to venture out to few of the lego stores and guess what. that's exactly what i am seeing. i am seeing plenty of glowkies and orbitons. but infernites are no where to be found.

this actually leads me to pure speculation that

a. some big shot decided to hoard on Golbert and probably caused en masse horde.

of course time will tell which one of the tribes or which one character of Series 4 will shine like Electroids or Volectro but i am beginning to doubt the Golbert and the Glowkies

i have a pure speculative theory about the series 4 .. regarding { golbert} going out as the first creature.

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

glowkies doesn't come in their choice let alone Golbert. { unless i am having company of weird kids ;) . }

so, i decided to venture out to few of the lego stores and guess what. that's exactly what i am seeing. i am seeing plenty of glowkies and orbitons. but infernites are no where to be found.

a. some big shot decided to hoard on Golbert and probably caused en masse horde.

of course time will tell which one of the tribes or which one character of Series 4 will shine like Electroids or Volectro but i am beginning to doubt the Golbert and the 

Is there such a thing as a mixel big shot?? 

And if so how many mixels does that require one to obtain?

• Like 1

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

of course time will tell which one of the tribes or which one character of Series 4 will shine like Electroids or Volectro but i am beginning to doubt the Golbert and the Glowkies

Interesting analysis. My initial thoughts were that fire would be first choice for kids too. I'm surprised to see when I went to London Drugs and Toys R Us that blue is always gone, but they still have reds. Not as many as green though. I'm not sure which way it will go. Lets assume kids do prefer reds, does that matter? Will them asking for red cause more sales? Or, lets assume both are hoarded (likely), but less resellers will have had a chance at blue, will that result in more controlled pricing and blues being valued higher to the reseller thus commanding a higher price? Prices are depicted not only by demand but how the seller values it, and right now it seems blue is more "valued" to a seller, regardless of reality of children's sentiment.

Edited by Brickson

Is there such a thing as a mixel big shot?? 

And if so how many mixels does that require one to obtain?

so with mixels, this is what i know

there is a possibility of MIX (2 mixels of different kind) and MAX(3 mixels of same tribe). 

i think i have seen people using all (series 1->6 X3=18) 15 tribes ->18sets  to create one gigantic super max with each MAX forming a part like LEG; HAND etc...  if you go in this route you would need 54 mixels for that super max ;)

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

I'll have to disagree respectfully.  In my area, it's almost always the glowkies that are gone.  red is 2nd and grey/green is found more often.  who knows why but there's no reason to any of it.  I personally like the glowkies because they are glow in the dark and that makes them more unique.  you would think kids like that more as well.  either way i think all of series 4 will do fairly well but i've moved on from mixels as a whole.  bubble burst.  

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

around here glowkies seem to be selling a bit faster than the infernites, with boogly and flamzer being the least popular of their kind.  its possible if series 1 was big with kids in you area the infernites may go quickly.  however I think the glowkies have the bigger all around draw, especially with halloween on the horizon (next "kids" holliday), plus better parts, and glow in the dark bricks.

as for the orbitrons, they are fun but got stuck as the double pack for each box, so will be available for a while.  Not sure why LEGO doubles up one set in the boxes.

• Like 1

Series 5 is resurrected from Sold Out status on US LEGO SAH.  They are all Available Now.

Not surprising. These low costs items (like CMF, key chains, etc.) do not seem to do the OOS but orderable thing.  They just go to Sold Out until back in stock.  The window licker new cycle must have really had an impact on these.  now the question is how over produced are these going to be?

....somewhere in the LEGO IT headquarters:

"Sven. Watch what happens to eBay when I click this button and make the Series 5 Mixles all switch to sold out!!" "Whoa...that's crazy"

I thought it curious that the collection was TOOS online, though individual Mixels were Sold Out, then yesterday my order shipped and I figured something must be up. Glad I only went in for 2.

Correlates with the sudden appearance of about 5 boxes of Series 5 at my local TRU this last week, too.  I wonder if this brings up the numbers to Series 3 levels.

Shhhhh! Don't tell the eBay buyers! Maybe I can unload at break even before they can catch on!