Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

Are Mixels good long term investments or do investors only look for a quick flip on them?

Probably not the best investment option available for long term investment.  but if you can get them 40% off or better, you could still turn some decent profit in the shorter term (less than 1year).  They have a short life span (3-6 mo) which is nice.  The problem with them is they are hard to predict.  S3 was way over produced and many are still available 3 months after retirement.  It will likely be a while before they see any significant increase over RRP, if ever.  However I am thinking that S4 may be a sleeper.  Lots of people were scared off by the S3 over runs, including LEGO, retailers and resellers.  Series 4 has sold out pretty quick in most places (other than orbitrons which are twice as common as any others).  However with the early run on Series 5 we may again see an over production and hording in the long run.

• Like 1

How do you guys package Mixels, I've had my first Mixel sale and have to send a three pack. Is a large bubble envelope sufficient or should I be putting it in a small box?

Thanks Guys

Large bubble envelopes have worked well for me.

Edited by Quacs

Series 5 was finally stocked at my Target and I managed to acquire a complete set in one go. I can hardly wait to put these goofballs together. The Lixers will be an interesting bunch to say the least. Ha. (I can only imagine what sort of Mixel Mech could be made from those when the time comes for that brainstorm.)

Are Mixels good long term investments or do investors only look for a quick flip on them?

That's the question we are all asking ourselves after mostly missing out on S1, still waiting for similar S2 performance, being flooded with worthless S3, and seeing S4 slip away somewhat unexpectedly.

The thing about mixels is, it doesn't take much commitment to grab a couple of each just so you don't completely miss out...

Plus most of them are really cool. It's a creatively impressive line, to be sure. Hope they don't run it into the dirt.

>cough< pics >cough<  >cough< come on show us what you've made >cough<

I know I need to which is why I bought a pack of new light bulbs for starters because the lighting in my room was terrible on a few shots as though they were taken in a dark room. The window for good sunlight to come through is very brief and usually I am not around to catch it. Plus the batteries for my digital camera (a few years old now) can barely keep a decent charge even when not in use. I was hoping to find some replacements but end up forgetting or something else comes up. It's a weird game of "musical chairs" but manageable to get everything ready.

So this week I finally took the plunge into the mixel market. Argos sale with a price error means i've managed to get 105 packets of series 3 and series 4 for £128.50

With a little bit of swapping around between my local argos, i got them sorted into complete sets.

7 series 4 complete sets and 2 colours sets (69 packets)

3 series 3 complete sets and 1 colour set (33 packets)

Spares i've given to my little boy

Worked out about £1.25 per pack :D

It seems to be the general consensus that s3 suck as an investment. Should I QF s3 now, or hold out to xmas ?

i have a pure speculative theory about the series 4 .. regarding { golbert} going out as the first creature.

all the kids i interact with they seem to go for

(1) bernard

(2) meltus

glowkies doesn't come in their choice let alone Golbert. { unless i am having company of weird kids ;) . }

so, i decided to venture out to few of the lego stores and guess what. that's exactly what i am seeing. i am seeing plenty of glowkies and orbitons. but infernites are no where to be found.

this actually leads me to pure speculation that

a. some big shot decided to hoard on Golbert and probably caused en masse horde.

of course time will tell which one of the tribes or which one character of Series 4 will shine like Electroids or Volectro but i am beginning to doubt the Golbert and the Glowkies

the market research I did, which involved going around to many stores in my area,and seeing what was left, early on in the series the red ones were always missing. Later on, the red ones were in stock, but the Blues were out. The space ones were always available. Even now, when I make these trips, can find space ones in my local area. Can't find the others but rarely. 

I took this to mean that the red ones were little Billy's first choice ("you can have one, which one you want?") and then after that, the blue ones. No love for spacemen. I have 0 space men sets right now. Let's see how this plays out at Christmas time.

• 2 weeks later...

So, most Walmarts around here seem to have 1-4 "new" boxes of Series 4 out on the shelves along with their clearance inconsistencies. Ugh. Anyone else seeing this?

Let's hope these don't turn into Series 3. Everywhere I have been, Series 4 is pretty much gone and Series 5 in full force.

I really like those construction ones.  

Anyway, I haven't been thinking of mixels lately.  I bought one set of series 5 when I first found them and otherwise haven't been buying mixels. But yesterday I was in my LEGO store and saw a wall of series 4 marked down to $2.48. Tons of the orbitons and good amount of burnard and flamzer.  But no meltus or glokies at all.  I looked on my phone and saw TRU still had them all in stock, so I made 3 complete sets by buying the clearanced ones in store and ordering the rest from TRU.  Now my TRU order has shipped, but I see that those 4 same mixels have sold out at TRU.  I think series 4 will see a nice rebound from the abundant series 3. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...