Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

For those that think they missed out on the Meijer clearances, I've seen Walmart clearance out the series 2 for $1 a piece. Since there is a glut of series 3, I assume the same will happen to them. As for gains, be patient and hold. Most clearance LEGO, even good themes, have to be held 1-2 years for any gains since there are people that sell their clearance finds immediately for next to no profit. But I have seen tons of series 3. I've seen Toys R Us with cases for $3.98 not moving at all.

I've seen Friends animal bags clearance out at a $1 each as well.

Oh come on Ken. I was near a WM and went in to check mixel pricing today. I found them at a whopping $.97 off. Wooo hoooo!!!.

We have crappy clearance deals for WM here in NC. It seems to be state wide. I feel your pain.

Still full price at mine right next to the full price Chi Temples and full price Mech Dragons. I don't want to hear anyone talk about crappy WM deals till you come to my town.

Still full price at mine right next to the full price Chi Temples and full price Mech Dragons. I don't want to hear anyone talk about crappy WM deals till you come to my town.

Your town must be the most unlucky terrible place to live ever. All you ever say is how there is never a deal anywhere, but then you slip and tell us some of the good deals you have managed. Quit crying and either move or shop online. I have 1 store that carries LEGO in my town and I have only ever found a good deal because of a pricing error by the clearance department. You aren't the only one with bad local deals so quit acting like it. :rant:

No discount here either, but it was worth the trip.  I found some 10695s on a pallet when they were stocking after work tonight.

$4 each is $36 a set, a little more depending on tax. They all fit in a $6 flat rate padded USPS envelope. So $42-$45 cost out the door. Even at $60 you will clear $10 after fees.

I can complete sets, throw them in a closet and forget about, and then have stacks of $10 bills, super easy to ship, that are $20 bills when they hit $70. Easy money

You are also forgetting the QFLL crowd. The NW FM crowd had access to series 4 for nearly 2 weeks before anyone other than a few random targets. I bought/sold 4 cases before my FM ran out. $500 in a week just for stuffing flat rate envelopes.

Mixels aren't for everyone, but I'll take what I can get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 4

I still have yet to see any retailer around me stock Series 4 yet not even Five Below which is a little strange but then again it took until a few weeks ago before Walmart started to carry Series 13 of the Minifigures line yet Target is not (another strange occurrence for me). A couple of Series 3 (Mixels) has popped back up at Target sporadically in an odd manner and every time at retail like the rest of them has been. I don't have a problem paying $5 each for these critters though as they offer so much by comparison to most other similarly priced sets. The astronaut Mixels are nice in color and assorted pieces I think.

I still have yet to see any retailer around me stock Series 4 yet not even Five Below which is a little strange but then again it took until a few weeks ago before Walmart started to carry Series 13 of the Minifigures line yet Target is not (another strange occurrence for me). A couple of Series 3 (Mixels) has popped back up at Target sporadically in an odd manner and every time at retail like the rest of them has been. I don't have a problem paying $5 each for these critters though as they offer so much by comparison to most other similarly priced sets. The astronaut Mixels are nice in color and assorted pieces I think.

If you start getting worried about not finding Series 4, let me know.  I can pick them up at LL for you.

If you start getting worried about not finding Series 4, let me know.  I can pick them up at LL for you.

LL? Oh you mean LegoLand. My stores have a habit of being slow or weird in what they seem to decide in stock. Regardless thanks for the offer I shall keep in mind. I have a bunch of other stuff to get caught up on in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble finding Mixels anymore? The past few times I've been in TRU or a Target, there has almost been none, AT ALL.  It's strange.  TRU online barely shows any S4 available in store or online to order.   

When S4 first came out I only saw 1 or 2 boxes and they were picked through as compared to like 5 boxes of S3 which went close to untouched, but lately I'm not seeing any mixels anywhere.  I'm south of Philly.  

This could be a good thing.  Shows the stores aren't getting as many since they probably saw that series 3 was sitting for a while not being as popular and probably from ordering way too much.  S4 perhaps could be much less saturated in the secondary market when they go.  Considering Mixels only tend to last 4-6 months in stores, we actually can start to wonder when series 4 will dry up already since S5 is due out in June. 

Series 3 are pretty much gone from all stores for good but I'm not a fan of that them and have only a couple sets.  S4 however I really like a lot. 

Anyone else having trouble finding Mixels anymore? The past few times I've been in TRU or a Target, there has almost been none, AT ALL. It's strange. TRU online barely shows any S4 available in store or online to order.

When S4 first came out I only saw 1 or 2 boxes and they were picked through as compared to like 5 boxes of S3 which went close to untouched, but lately I'm not seeing any mixels anywhere. I'm south of Philly.

This could be a good thing. Shows the stores aren't getting as many since they probably saw that series 3 was sitting for a while not being as popular and probably from ordering way too much. S4 perhaps could be much less saturated in the secondary market when they go. Considering Mixels only tend to last 4-6 months in stores, we actually can start to wonder when series 4 will dry up already since S5 is due out in June.

Series 3 are pretty much gone from all stores for good but I'm not a fan of that them and have only a couple sets. S4 however I really like a lot.

Even though I haven't gotten any yet that would be great news if they did disappear soon. I do like this series a lot. Well done

Well I still think S4 has another 3 month run left before they even start drying up, but this is odd behavior for them just coming out in Feb.  I usually see like 3 or 4 left in total, picked through.  and usually the Orbitrons or one glowkie left.  Red's are almost always gone here.  I just can't seem to find a good number of them anywhere lately.  

I like the Klinkers.  Frosticons are just ok and the Lixers are awful.  Series 4 is still the best by far.  

​I did think Series 4 offered a lot of variety for this year's Mixels. I anticipate many steampunk style builds from the Klinkers and can't wait to get my hands on those. Frosticons this time around are perhaps a little too weird and the Lixers are certainly bizarre but I kind of enjoy them and see great possibility with what could be done by those pieces.

I am getting series 2 vibe from series 5.  Must be the similar color schemes :P 

​Well the Frosticons from Series 2 are back. Plus the Lixers are like a mix of the Flexers and sort of the Fang Gang in ideas anyway. The Klinkers to me felt like the Series 1 Cragsters with a hint of Series 2 Fang Gang's brown colors.

​Well the Frosticons from Series 2 are back. Plus the Lixers are like a mix of the Flexers and sort of the Fang Gang in ideas anyway. The Klinkers to me felt like the Series 1 Cragsters with a hint of Series 2 Fang Gang's brown colors.

​yup this makes series 2 blue priceless :) or worthless :P lets see how it goes !!!!!!

I think the new Infernites have done really well.  They are always picked through in my stores.  All of S4 is but Red does well.  Hasn't seemed to hurt or help S1 Infernites.  Since these are mostly bought by parents for kids, will they really spend $125 on S1 set or $100 on S2 set, once other Red's and Blue and etc etc come out.  Some might want them all but I'm not spending that much for a kid when he's not gonna care, just happens to like a color.  

I think the new Infernites have done really well.  They are always picked through in my stores.  All of S4 is but Red does well.  Hasn't seemed to hurt or help S1 Infernites.  Since these are mostly bought by parents for kids, will they really spend $125 on S1 set or $100 on S2 set, once other Red's and Blue and etc etc come out.  Some might want them all but I'm not spending that much for a kid when he's not gonna care, just happens to like a color.  

amazon series 1 sales [ ranked @ under 11k its moving consistently ]. i am not sure who is buying but based on my knowledge one FBA seller there has sold over 80boxes=80X3=240sets at the very least  between december and now. ( i may be off in this count; on the upside but not on the low side) and this seller still has over 50 remaining. (at the time of writing)...

Edited by newbie77