Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

Is that the Nixel King?? Brace yourselves right there for the future #1 selling Mixel yet.

It appears his name is Crystal Nixel and comes with Yellow Kramm in series 6.  He is a high rank nixel.  According to the pages, it's the first nixel with high rank to be made and some others such as Major Nixel and Muscle Nixel will most likely not be made into Lego form.  

So that is cool news and good eye Dub Zero seeing a difference.  Not only is Kramm one of the better ones, but coming with that nixel should make him very popular.  Shame he is 2 series away.  

http://mixels.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Nixel

Hit my local Kmart to return some video games I "thought" were a good flip and my family was with me. My wife is like the Mixels good luck charm. She found 2 full boxes. A Series 2 and Series 1!!!! I couldn't belive it. Full price $4.99 each but I always have Kmart giftcards and coupons that get anything I buy there 20%+ off. So siked on the Series 1 finds, I found some last month at Wegmans too and now I can sell some complete sets next Christmas. :)

Love these guys and my son is addicted. I finally caved in and gave him some Yellow guys. That seems to be everyones favorite. Happiness beats profits, sometimes :)

• Like 2

Hit my local Kmart to return some video games I "thought" were a good flip and my family was with me. My wife is like the Mixels good luck charm. She found 2 full boxes. A Series 2 and Series 1!!!! I couldn't belive it. Full price $4.99 each but I always have Kmart giftcards and coupons that get anything I buy there 20%+ off. So siked on the Series 1 finds, I found some last month at Wegmans too and now I can sell some complete sets next Christmas. :)

Love these guys and my son is addicted. I finally caved in and gave him some Yellow guys. That seems to be everyones favorite. Happiness beats profits, sometimes :)

Insane find.

• 3 weeks later...

I am officially quitting this theme.  I have 2 Jawgs and a Flurr left, and when they're gone, I'm done.

1. I can't get the clearance pricing around here that others seem to be getting.  I don't want to drive around all summer putting together sets at $3.50 or $4 a piece, only to have you mid-westerners pick the up box loads of them at Meijer this fall at $1 each.  I can't compete with you guys.

2. I just saw the new Series 4 cartoon on TV, and it seemed insanely dumb to me.  Kind of like one of those Adult Swim shows you can only watch if you get high first?  I mean, I only vaguely remember the Series 1 thru 3 episodes, but I don't recall them being soooo childish and silly.  I understand my opinion of the show doesn't affect investment results (BTW...my 6-year old LOVED the show), but I am concerned that 7 and 8 year-olds could start snubbing their noses at Mixels because their show "is for babies".

That said, I do like the new Series 4 commercial on TV.  But for me... Mixels... it's been fun, but so long.

I am officially quitting this theme.  I have 2 Jawgs and a Flurr left, and when they're gone, I'm done.

1. I can't get the clearance pricing around here that others seem to be getting.  I don't want to drive around all summer putting together sets at $3.50 or $4 a piece, only to have you mid-westerners pick the up box loads of them at Meijer this fall at $1 each.  I can't compete with you guys.

2. I just saw the new Series 4 cartoon on TV, and it seemed insanely dumb to me.  Kind of like one of those Adult Swim shows you can only watch if you get high first?  I mean, I only vaguely remember the Series 1 thru 3 episodes, but I don't recall them being soooo childish and silly.  I understand my opinion of the show doesn't affect investment results (BTW...my 6-year old LOVED the show), but I am concerned that 7 and 8 year-olds could start snubbing their noses at Mixels because their show "is for babies".

That said, I do like the new Series 4 commercial on TV.  But for me... Mixels... it's been fun, but so long.

Only like 4 people shop at Meijer in the whole mid-west, I think you're safe.

I think Series 3 moving slower is directly attributable to S@H having them on-sale so long, along with TRU Clearance.  It's nothing to do with Meijer.

Yeah... I'm just saying Mixels are not for me anymore.  They were fun when I bought an extra complete set of Series 1 and sold them for $110 just 6 months later, but Series 2 still hasn't made it to that point, and series 3 may never make it to series 2 levels. The market is too crowded for me.  Certainly there's still money to be made, and with me and mscheaf dropping out, there are 2 more slices of pie for the rest of you.  I wish you all well.  And I'm sure you'll do fine without me.  :)

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think S3 is going to be what it's like from here on out. It was the weakest series by far, they were on clearance everywhere for $3-$4 (or less) pretty much their whole life because of slower sales. Any Joe Smoe could pick up a set for cheap. S4 is already dominating from what I have seen and what has been reported. Maybe I am delusional but I think Mixels will be able to continue to have similar S2 returns if it's a series with 3 strong tribes and not 2 weak ones and a mediocre one like S3. I have sets of S2 bought for $35 in November so even right now that's dang good return but I will wait for a bit because they are moving up slow and steady. Not trying to convince anyone to stay investing in Mixels, just defending my money making pals. ;)

For those that think they missed out on the Meijer clearances, I've seen Walmart clearance out the series 2 for $1 a piece. Since there is a glut of series 3, I assume the same will happen to them. As for gains, be patient and hold. Most clearance LEGO, even good themes, have to be held 1-2 years for any gains since there are people that sell their clearance finds immediately for next to no profit. But I have seen tons of series 3. I've seen Toys R Us with cases for $3.98 not moving at all.