Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

Just my own observations:

Series 2 is still available at Legoland California.  Series 3 has been gone from there for a couple of months.

At one of my local TRU's, they still have tons of Series 3.  Especially green.  I mean, about 10 case boxes full of green.  I put together a few sets the other day, and I could only make 4 complete sets (silver was the hardest, and I think it was 522 that was the hardest of the three to find).

Just my own observations:

Series 2 is still available at Legoland California.  Series 3 has been gone from there for a couple of months.

At one of my local TRU's, they still have tons of Series 3.  Especially green.  I mean, about 10 case boxes full of green.  I put together a few sets the other day, and I could only make 4 complete sets (silver was the hardest, and I think it was 522 that was the hardest of the three to find).

Yeah, sea of green at most TRUs, Targets, and Walmarts

I just clicked on the Mixels shop page because S4 hasn't been up as of last week since I last checked and now they are, but what's interesting that I see, is that they are offering them in the sets by colors now.  I think that's a great strategy promoting that they should be grouped together to make the max.  I still think some people don't realize when buying them for their kids or whatever, that they are indeed intended to be used to make the max per color.  I think it offers people more options on the site now when buying.  

Also the fact that series 3 sold out during the holiday, and then came back and now are on sale and still not sold out again def tells me that series 3 isn't nearly as popular.  But I also think that it means they are on their way out very soon for good and stores won't be able to get them much longer just like S1 and 2 faded out very quickly.  TRU has them on sale as well, perhaps they are getting their last shipments and concentrating just on S4 which do seem popular.  

I'm over S3, never bought heavy anyway, but I do really like S4, possibly the best yet.  S5 green's look pretty awesome from what I saw. 

I also hope sellers starting raising their prices on S1 and 2.  $120 and $85 should be standard for them currently but S1 is around $110 and S2 is still at $75 and not going up.   

I need them to hit $130 and $100 to get out of all my mixels.  I'm ready to unload them but if I have to wait another 6 months or so, I suppose I will.   S3, I'll be happy just to get $70 out of them by holiday time because they were all cheaper buy ins.  

Lol nobody likes Series 3 judging by how long all 9 are on sale on LEGO Shop at Home.  Are these equally bad that not a single 1 sold out early ?

its been less than 3 weeks :). with 99 limit TLG must have ramped up after they got sold out during holiday. Now its overflowing... bad timing...

amazon ranks it @ 27,383. its moving albeit slowly but at least about 20sets/week. price has been steady and BB price has slightly increased. i see this as a "+"ve ... S3 may not be the best amongst with regard to reselling but again depending on your entry point $$ is there.

if S3 remains this cheap by next year then it will act as a very good X-Mas stuffer :P ...

• Like 1

I also hope sellers starting raising their prices on S1 and 2.  $120 and $85 should be standard for them currently but S1 is around $110 and S2 is still at $75 and not going up.   

I need them to hit $130 and $100 to get out of all my mixels.  I'm ready to unload them but if I have to wait another 6 months or so, I suppose I will.   S3, I'll be happy just to get $70 out of them by holiday time because they were all cheaper buy ins.  

there is one BP'er  @ amazon who is holding onto steady 70sets of S1. i am assuming that he got about 50cases right before the holidays. which amounts to 150sets. untill he is out. price of S1 is not going up. his price is forcing other hands(who wants to get out) to list lower.

once he is out S1 price is going to uptick decently.

Lol nobody likes Series 3 judging by how long all 9 are on sale on LEGO Shop at Home.  Are these equally bad that not a single 1 sold out early ?

I think they are liked, but there is not quite as much to like as S1 and S2.  (Personal opinion coupled with comments from this forum)

Plus, they are not the NEW hot thing any more. S4 mixes it up a bit better, it would seem. (That's right, I just did that!) 

Plus, they were probably overproduced compared to S1 and S2. (I certainly saw way more in major retailers.)

Plus, they were probably over-hoarded which means much less incentive for the horde to wipe out clearance inventory fast. (I got my first 2 sets when they went on sale at SAH, intended to be the last 2 until I found a TRU with a bunch of complete sets for less than $3 each mixel with clearance coupon last Thursday.)

I would offer that as a whole, Series 3 is more equally mediocre than the first two series as well, though some are obviously more popular than others.

Add it all up and you have a very low demand group of items at the moment. Still a good investment, if you care to wait a few years!

there is one BP'er  @ amazon who is holding onto steady 70sets of S1. i am assuming that he got about 50cases right before the holidays. which amounts to 150sets. untill he is out. price of S1 is not going up. his price is forcing other hands(who wants to get out) to list lower.

once he is out S1 price is going to uptick decently.

It's not me, I promise.  I'm down to my last set of Series 1 for sale.

Oh there's no "lose" in Mixels as far as I'm concerned.  I just hope we can move them sooner than later.  I hope that BP member that's being talked about up's his asking price.  If he holds that much power over prices, it could be wise for him as well.  

I was gonna say, it better not be Alpinemaps! haha.  He wouldn't keep them too low.  lol 

• Like 2

Oh there's no "lose" in Mixels as far as I'm concerned.  I just hope we can move them sooner than later.  I hope that BP member that's being talked about up's his asking price.  If he holds that much power over prices, it could be wise for him as well.  

I was gonna say, it better not be Alpinemaps! haha.  He wouldn't keep them too low.  lol 

Yeah, I definitely pushed the price up every chance I got.  And no, I wasn't worried anyone was singling me out.  LOL

I've sold every series but 1, I've undercut to drive down price, afterwards jacking up my price, I've changed prices several times a day as low ball guys are sold out. I have squeezed a lot of profits out of these sets. I think series 4 are the best so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

When I was at my local LEGO B&M store in Potomac Mills, VA., I was peering into their stockroom and saw that LEGO Mixels Series 5 is already on their shelves.  The clerk said that they got both Series 4 and 5 at the same time, but that 5 has to take up room in their storeroom until it is officially released.  Their sale bin is still full of Series 3.  Those things just aren't moving.

When I was at my local LEGO B&M store in Potomac Mills, VA., I was peering into their stockroom and saw that LEGO Mixels Series 5 is already on their shelves.  The clerk said that they got both Series 4 and 5 at the same time, but that 5 has to take up room in their storeroom until it is officially released.  Their sale bin is still full of Series 3.  Those things just aren't moving.

its not christmas season for toys to be flying off the shelves.. just my 0.02

just because its 20% off doesn't mean that its going to run since we have seen 90% off on these things. apparently, it does seem like TLG did over-produce by a good margin. they should have let it stay out of stock and reproduced after the x-mas shortage.

looking at amazon ranking its

BB is $56.60

yes anyone who bought them at retail will have tough time recovering $$ right now but when dust settles. As soon as amazon sale vanishes and this goes out from TLG website this should at least hit and stay around 60-70 range for a long time.

with S4 and S5 hitting the shelves also didn't help S3. definitely this would not be like S1 or S2. and like someone else mentioned S5 and S4 may out do S3. with TLG bringing in S4, S5 and S6 within a year ... its going to be interesting to see how much sale and supply we see on some of those series...

just because its 20% off doesn't mean that its going to run since we have seen 90% off on these things. apparently, it does seem like TLG did over-produce by a good margin. they should have let it stay out of stock and reproduced after the x-mas shortage.

Are you talking just S3 here being over produced?

My local TRU in PA had multiple boxes FULL of S3 left and the 2 boxes of S4 were all gone but three and those were the green space guys.  Now clearly Series 3 has been out for several months and most people have them already and investors aren't buying them anymore so they just have too much stock but series 4 seems to be kicking @ss.  But they are brand new so hard to put in perspective just yet.  

Edited by DenJ91