Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Wow alot of people have 50+? You guys are my heroes! Whatever! I highly doubt that there are many people here with 50+.  I am sure many will claim this though. This thread is getting hilarious. Weird that we see all these claims of MASSIVE hoards but few pictures. Let me guess...50+ of a set can't fit into a camera shot?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

I keep hearing they are hard to hoard yet emazers got his massive target so I'm sure plenty of other re-sellers have their 50+ too.

Even though Lego S@ H has been limit 1 since inception Target limit is more like 5, Amazon is 2, Walmart was like 8, 

If you wanted to, you have plenty of this set already.

11 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

I keep hearing they are hard to hoard yet emazers got his massive target so I'm sure plenty of other re-sellers have their 50+ too.

You might be too pessimistic. Not everyone in this game has tons of dollars to spend.

For myself I will grad at most 3 of this.

It will cater to afol's but if it is heavily hoarded which I expect is the case by now it will rise slowly. 

I want to clear up this misconception that appears to confuse so many. ALL Lego sets are heavily hoarded. However it's not so much the amount of stock on the secondary market that depicts its price but more the demand.

I also want to clear up the misconception that every "cool" looking set will be a winner in the aftermarket. I'm not knocking the set by any means- I think it's amazing. However- when it gets that retiring soon tag, everyone except for the few that stocked up slowly goes into a buying frenzy, assuming that this is going to be the next town hall. We all know how the Jurassic World situation had panned out for the holidays, despite my playing devils advocate on that one. Just because it is a ucs model doesn't mean it will be an overnight success. People need to buy within their budget , and within their means. This set will do well, but it's gonna take a while to get there. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I hope that I'm wrong because I have two that I got at a discount. I'd love to double my money or triple it. I would just tread carefully. But take it for what it's worth, or dont. It's your choice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, inversion said:

It has a 20% discount in Hungary atm in a local store. Other sets too, like SOH, Tie, Ewok, Helicarrier, Slave I and all the modulars. Plus they are giving polys. Time to get a SOH and Ewok for me :) Contemplating on Heli.

Wow, you lucky son of a ... :P! I'm jealous of you!

11 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

It would be doing way better if it would have just went quietly in the night.......

Hard to complain, though. For those with the desire it was pretty easy to get these early to mid year and unload them now. Ebay promos on fees have kept this in the high 200's (and a few low 300s) CAD, which is not too shabby.

To get back on track, I doubt the retiring soon tag is going to make much of a difference for those planning to hold these. For the QFLL, it will probably hurt the initial pop as investors might not be scrambling to grab these at over MSRP, but will this tag make a huge difference in 36 months? Seems unlikely to have a huge impact for the patient investor/hoarder/Mack/Emazers

38 minutes ago, bigreen said:

You might be too pessimistic. Not everyone in this game has tons of dollars to spend.

For myself I will grad at most 3 of this.

Not saying everyone, just saying it's not hard to hoard if you want 100 of them. I don't think any of the big timers had any trouble getting their target.

If your LEGO investing strategy is built around surprise retirements (TH), it's simply unsustainable. I'm not sure flipping is a sustainable strategy, either. I know it's not for me. 

My Tumblers are going into long term storage. Years from now, when the kids who couldn't afford these as teen/tween fans of The Dark Knight are making bank as young kid-free professionals, we cash in on their sentimentality. I'm not saying I'll hold them that long if the price is right, but that's what long term investing is about. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Demand and availability are related to each other. A high demand/low availability ratio means a higher price.

True the same could also be said for heavily stockpiled sets as well. There is clearly high availability of The Delorean and look at it's success in the aftermarket. There was also no shortage of Wolverine Chopper Showdowns however people were paying silly money for it. I don't think there is a mass produced set out there from the last year or two that isn't stockpiled in huge worldwide numbers, however some go on to greatness because it's desirability and appeal are so strong. 

27 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

It would be doing way better if it would have just went quietly in the night.......

I don't know about that. I looked at Maersk trains and ships from 2010 forward and they all seem to settle in the 200-300. Given that EEE is already there, I would say it is doing fine.

Everybody seems to be in the Hum-Drum Vee. Who cares if tumbler gets is hoarded. It is a great, unique UCS set and will do great. If you are worried about tying up a little cash, maybe go invest in Elves sets instead. Even if you just double up on your investment, you are DOUBLING UP!

Have fun, make a little money. Ship at half the cost of a DS...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Wow alot of people have 50+? You guys are my heroes! Whatever! I highly doubt that there are many people here with 50+.  I am sure many will claim this though. This thread is getting hilarious. Weird that we see all these claims of MASSIVE hoards but few pictures. Let me guess...50+ of a set can't fit into a camera shot?

No one has claimed they have 50+, we are discussing how easy it would be to get to 50+.
Some People here think just because Lego has a limit of 1, that its not horded.
*See below*

1 hour ago, mudcatsfan said:

Even though Lego S@ H has been limit 1 since inception Target limit is more like 5, Amazon is 2, Walmart was like 8, 

If you wanted to, you have plenty of this set already.

39 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

How can you not care if a particular set is heavily hoarded or not ? 

There is a growing number of bpers who believe they are immune from the horde still because they are smarter and have more patience. I believe these bpers are in for a big letdown in the future.

28 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Maybe he is a honey badger?

Nah, but I can only control what I can control. I don't have the cash flow (or a warehouse and forklift) to compete with with big fish, and I don't have the time or energy to become a QFLL full-time.  I will take my two and set them away, and then someday take those two tumblers and turn them in to six modulars. As long as I am playing on house money, I am not super concerned with time of appreciation. It most definitely will appreciate well due to uniqueness, a (reasonably) short run, and a very small chance for refresh.  This is a winner.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Yep the horde is ruining it for everyone not just short termers. If you think otherwise that is unfortunate for you.

5 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Read your tagline. It tells you how to deal with the horde and market evolution.

Don't believe this, just cut the seals and have a grand 'ol time.

The perception around here seems to think if The Lego Group has a retiring soon tag, its trying to get rid of extra stock or that it may be a slow end; especially in this case with The Tumbler & even the Death Star limit 1.  I look at each case individually( YOU HAVE TO).  IMO Lego is being nice in this case & broadcasting hey everyone, these are available right now, better get them while you can.  Take it!

• Like 2