387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, stackables said:

My plan to buy one of these at TRU has fallen through since they haven't come back in stock.  So does anyone have any magic ideas on how to get this for a decent price.  Just looking for one to add to my collection.

You disappoint me. Your name is "stackables" for crying out loud!

• Like 4

Too bad you can't use your target red card on ebay.  Would be nice to take advantage of that with the 4x ebay bucks. I could get 2 ebay gift cards from target for 190, pay the remaining total and get the ebay bucks.  Talking out my butt :)  I will most likely just use my $200 target gift card with the red card.

• Like 2

Just talked my wife into investing a bit of her own savings into buying one Tumbler, with the promise of paying her the RRP price for it in one year's time if it doesn't rise in value in that one year. A trick I copied from another Brickpicker on this forum, heh heh. She feels that her money is safe now, and this can turn her into a believer down the line! :codemafia:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Haay said:

What I personally think...

I think this post is absolutely excellent and the most logical explanation of what it is going on with the tumbler. As you say it is a winner and I think one of the best choices of things to buy now with the purpose of long term investing. However as a quick flip I am not sure it has much potential specially because all the DC fans will be more interested in sets tied to the upcoming movie so the set might get overlooked even overshadowed for quite a while. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haay said:

Just talked my wife into investing a bit of her own savings into buying one Tumbler, with the promise of paying her the RRP price for it in one year's time if it doesn't rise in value in that one year. A trick I copied from another Brickpicker on this forum, heh heh. She feels that her money is safe now, and this can turn her into a believer down the line! :codemafia:

The Force is strong with this one.^

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Haay said:

The more new investors the better, right? Oh wait.....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

The more new investors the better, right? Oh wait.....

Except that she won't be a Lego investor. It's more like she's borrowing me some money to purchase an extra Tumbler because my own Lego investment budget ran out of funds. :D  And she'll reap the benefits of trusting me on this one. 

8 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Is it only me or does that happen to you aswell: First you decide against a set or to skip it, then you think maybe and as soon as the set is showing signs of retirement you think what the heck I am in for 10 :notme:...

Happened to me with the 75049 Snowspeeder. Didn't want it, until it retired and then I scrambled to get some last boxes below RRP. Seeing the market respond to a set retiring sometimes opens your eyes huh?

I feel pretty strongly about this set.  I still remember seeing this at SDCC in 2014 and being so hyped to get it.   From what I remember, this set has been limited to one per person at LEGOSHOP since it was released.  A short lifespan and a HUGE fanbase will make this set a winner.  I've been somewhat dormant from a LEGO investment standpoint, as I have so many other hobbies preoccupying me (right now it's silver/bronze age comics), but this set has woken me up!  This is an absolute must have set in my opinion.  For those who don't believe in this license/movie, I assure you there's a strong fan base.  A few years back, Hot Toys' Tumbler was going for over $2K, from original retail price of $400.  Seeing that there was money to be made, HOt Toys re-released the Tumbler and of course, OG Tumbler prices fell...but prices on ebay have picked up a bit and are sitting around $900 or so on ebay.  As long as LEGO doesn't get greedy and starts re-releasing sets, this will be one of the good pick-ups in 3-5 years.

• Like 1