Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

I don't F5 or QFFL - no time. I bought a bunch last yr after seeing it, suspecting like some others it might be the Dolphin Cruiser circa '13 short-supply lego-of-choice that went way up...

I figured if I bet wrong, I am a LT investor... and if I'm wrong long on a set this cool then I should stop pretending my eyes can see value.

1 hour ago, thecrapweasel said:

Just got 2 of these shipped in from Target and both boxes have the seals lifted.  

By lifted, do you mean, the seal/s were carefully removed to access the contents of the box in order to remove parts? mini-figures are selling for good money.

If so that would be their "fulfillment" dept or another company that does it for them. This is Serious! If so get a hold of the Big Bosses at Target and get angry at them.

9 minutes ago, mayor said:

By lifted, do you mean, the seal/s were carefully removed to access the contents of the box in order to remove parts? mini-figures are selling for good money.

If so that would be their "fulfillment" dept or another company that does it for them. This is Serious! If so get a hold of the Big Bosses at Target and get angry at them.

Yes, I'm sure all the packagers are stealing these minifigures every chance they get. 

• Like 1

i ordered 3 for instore pickup in nearby tax-free NH - this is a new option at the targets nearby - ordering online for instore pickup.  

the boxes are crisp but there are annoying stickers on the bottom corner - same as more than half of the sw's i received from target.  got my hairdryer ready to go.  

IMG_3159.thumb.JPG.328b3e524703e652387e0

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Is it still 2013 in NH?

yeah - its weird - i do instore pickup all the time at walmart.  and i could order stuff on the shelf at target for instore pickup, but couldn't order the larger exclusive's to be delivered to the target b&m store to be picked up.  i live in MA about 20 minutes south of the closest target in NH.  if the boxes didn't have these stupid stickers this would be a preferred way to load up.  fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), i am adept at the destickering arts.  

29 minutes ago, mayor said:

The seals are not cut, but all 3 on the one side are no longer attached and the flap is open.  I just dumped the contents and I did see both the Joker and Batman pieces in there.  I also weighed the box and compared it to another that I got a while back and its only off by 3 grams difference.

8 minutes ago, thecrapweasel said:

The seals are not cut, but all 3 on the one side are no longer attached and the flap is open.  I just dumped the contents and I did see both the Joker and Batman pieces in there.  I also weighed the box and compared it to another that I got a while back and its only off by 3 grams difference.

Sometimes the seals will fail on their own for a number of reasons - heat, storing face up, or just regular wear. I have had this happen many times to kits that are stored on the top shelf at 12 feet high. Heat rises. Imagine how high TARGET's warehouse pallet racks are.

• Like 2

What's the seal code. It could be an old set that's been laying around for awhile. Seals are temperamental.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I had one from Target like this with an 34R5 seal code.

'had' - before he sent it back to target and then target shipped it to <drum roll> ... thecrapweasel :)

so getting back to the question of whether or not 76023 is the new 10179...  i also have had this devious thought poking its way around my brain.  granted, there is absolutely nothing that compares with the demand of SW, nothing. nothing nothing.

but if there was something that could be 10179ish and not be SW,  I think 76023 is a good candidate.

problem is there are many more lego hoarders now so nothing could ever be 10179 ever again.

even this tumbler thread is blowing up at the prospect of tumbler going eol.

i think we need fossilrock to eeyore this thread back into reality.

nothing to see here.  move along.  move along.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

Got two bad ones from Target myself last week. One had lifted seals, same as you guys are discussing. 34R5.  The other the seals were fine (also 34R5) but the box was a mess...

FullSizeRender.jpg.eb693ff21bf9e22775922

The shipping box for both was fine so they shipped them this way.  I called customer service to setup replacements and they were nice enough about it. They "express" shipped the replacements. One arrived two days later in good condition but a week later the other is still pending. Meanwhile they were supposed to send me labels to ship the two damaged boxes back...that never happened. Called them back and requested the labels again, nothing. Sent an email...still nothing. I mean I'm happy to keep these two damaged boxes if they don't want them but I have a feeling they're gonna charge me for them at some point.  This hasn't been my first bad experience with Target. 

Meanwhile, I've had order after order with Amazon and virtually no issues at all...

7 minutes ago, gbg108 said:

Got two bad ones from Target myself last week. One had lifted seals, same as you guys are discussing. 34R5.  The other the seals were fine (also 34R5) but the box was a mess...

The shipping box for both was fine so they shipped them this way.  I called customer service to setup replacements and they were nice enough about it. They "express" shipped the replacements. One arrived two days later in good condition but a week later the other is still pending. Meanwhile they were supposed to send me labels to ship the two damaged boxes back...that never happened. Called them back and requested the labels again, nothing. Sent an email...still nothing. I mean I'm happy to keep these two damaged boxes if they don't want them but I have a feeling they're gonna charge me for them at some point.  This hasn't been my first bad experience with Target. 

Meanwhile, I've had order after order with Amazon and virtually no issues at all...

It could be worse. I got my 2 Pirates Skull Island from Toys R Us today sent in 2 bubble envelopes (1 with and 1 without damage). The FedEx guy was new and didn't know which door to leave them at, so he left 1 at the front door and 1 at the back door. 0.0

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gbg108 said:

Can't you just return them to the closest Target store?

6 minutes ago, stackables said:

You can return them in store or online but will you get anymore? Will the replacements be damaged? Will you get banned? Some of this damage must be absorbed by the reseller as "breakage". You can not expect every single item you order to be perfect. My position is that you don't play or build with the kit box, so I absorb it.  I have other copies that are in good condition. On the other hand I am glad to read everyone's post about the condition of their received shipments regardless of good or bad condition as it may affect my, or someone else's decision to order from a particular retailer at any given point in time. I too have some on the way from Target and I now know what condition they will be in - bad condition. Thank you gbg108 and the others for posting your pics and sharing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stackables said:

Yeah previously I've done that with no issue. But in this case I wanted them replaced, not just returned so I went though customer service. I wasn't really expecting the return labels to be an issue. Lesson learned.