Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

It's a capital issue.  I doubt there are very many in this game who can sit on inventory for multiple years without having some consistent cash flow from sales.  I prefer to use the QFLL and short term investments to fund the long term holds.  

Not to mention there are some who believe a bubble is or has already formed and if the economy takes a dive their investments could plummet.

Edited by zskid00

39 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

It's a capital issue.  I doubt there are very many in this game who can sit on inventory for multiple years without having some consistent cash flow from sales.  I prefer to use the QFLL and short term investments to fund the long term holds.  

Not to mention there are some who believe a bubble is or has already formed and if the economy takes a dive their investments could plummet.

That's what I used to do. Unfortunately the herd has destroyed QFLL. Luckily I have been at this a bit and have a nice inventory of stuff that is retired. I can't imagine trying to get into this right now. Space is my biggest concern though. I have a 3 bedroom house I live in alone and it is packed to the rim. I wish the closest climate controlled storage facility wasn't an hour away. Hmmmm. I have a business idea now.....

Edited by MarxMarvelous

5 minutes ago, landphieran said:

As a group could we try to keep our petty and satirical jabs to the whole community to a minimum?

I don't feel like this thread has been very constructive lately. I understand "the game" can be frustrating at times, but we are all playing it together. For better or for worse.

images.jpg

That sounds fine, but some are playing the game and some are ruining it. Those ruining it deserve no mercy ;)

9 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

That's what I used to do. Unfortunately the herd has destroyed QFLL. Luckily I have been at this a bit and have a nice inventory of stuff that is retired. I can't imagine trying to get into this right now.

QFLL can still be profitable ($5 at a time!!).  However, you have to be either extremely lucky or practice tea leaves divination :thumbsu:

I do agree that most newbies would get slaughtered in this environment, they just have not realized it yet :crazysmile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

I can't wait to see this on ebay next xmas with 800 sellers fighting over who can sell it for the lowest. If the horde is anything it is completely predictable.

Maybe those sellers next year will be buying 1 Hellcarrier and 1 Palace Cinema with what they paid for a Tumbler, makes you think does'nt it?

• Like 1

It is quite possibly that many people who are in this game do this to fund providing extra income for their families to help pay for many of the families day to day expenses or special things to get the family rather than it being self centered about themselves

I see so many people who repeatedly complain on here which is all great and wonderful but the fact of that matter is this.

you can like it, love it, or leave it.

I still have yet to see anyone on here who says I hate lego investing, the market is destroyed .... the sky is falling, I have sold everything and I have no investment or I am working off of old valuable inventory but as soon it is gone I will get out of the market and go do something else and effective this date I will not buy another lego set for investing for any reason at all even if it is 75 % off

perhaps being negative is good therapy

if so seems like there is a lot of therapy sessions going on :)

Now off to buy some Tumbler's lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Maybe those sellers next year will be buying 1 Hellcarrier and 1 Palace Cinema with what they paid for a Tumbler, makes you think does'nt it?

And most of those bought a Tumbler with what they paid for an At-At ;)

Don't know what all this doom and gloom talk lately is about. If you aren't ringing the cash register during this gold rush it is time to get your hustle on because your competition is certainly ringing the cash register.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I'm saying too ambitions about The Tumbler. The idea that you could get $500.00 out of this next year or compare it to 10179 is bizarre. Sorry...

Sorry, i mean to say i will buy a Hellcarrier & Palace Cinema during the year and sell the Tumbler to pay for it within 12 months.

8 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Sorry, i mean to say i will buy a Hellcarrier & Palace Cinema during the year and sell the Tumbler to pay for it within 12 months.

That's the $500. $350 + $150 = $500 "during the year".. Not gonna happen...

Edited by dcdfan

5 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

It will be close but not far off.

Sorry...but good luck. Don't think I don't think this is a winner. I absolutely think this is an amazing set. I think you're just aiming too high, too soon. If I'm wrong, I got no problem with it, believe me...