5002812 - Classic Spaceman Minifigure

biniou

If you are buying @ 20.00 or so, what are the expectaitons for it to sell @ in Dec? I have 3 of them, deciding when to sell.

Id like to make 10 to 15 after fees and shipping not gona ask for much but if it goes that high and people are buying supply demand then ill be happy.

I think this figure will be in demand with people who used to play a lot with sets from the space theme when they were kids but haven't kept them.

People who do still have their old sets and several of these type of figs (like me) probably couldn't care less. My two cents.

50% (or more) of the value of that set is in the box and booklet.

While how does spaceman+chima polybag compare with holiday set+double VIP point next month, for a $99-$120 purchase?

I would say

spaceman = $25/30

chima = $5

VIP = $5

First holiday set (40106) = $20 $99 (perfect to be paired with santa's workshop)

double VIP = $10

So I would say, well... maybe slightly better with the space set, but double VIP is easy and sure money.

Depends on what set you prefer (spaceman or holidays set).

edit: hey, I missed the fact that there's a female elve ! let's start all speculations and crazyness about that... :RI:

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

I would say

spaceman = $25/30

chima = $5

VIP = $5

First holiday set (40106) = $20 $99 (perfect to be paired with santa's workshop)

double VIP = $10

So I would say, well... maybe slightly better with the space set, but double VIP is easy and sure money.

Depends on what set you prefer (spaceman or holidays set).

edit: hey, I missed the fact that there's a female elve ! let's start all speculations and crazyness about that... :RI:

Tough choice indeed, double VIP and Chima is a wash if the purchase amount is around $100-$120. That holiday set is sweeeet (two figs, tiny toys, house, fits with santa workshop), but it's available for a month VS 15 days for the white spaceman, and rare item (kind of, in the spacemen case) wins over better sets (just see RI VS EXO)

I might get Winter village just for another spaceman.

Edited by bricker123

Tough choice indeed, double VIP and Chima is a wash if the purchase amount is around $100-$120. That holiday set is sweeeet (two figs, tiny toys, house, fits with santa workshop), but it's available for a month VS 15 days for the white spaceman, and rare item (kind of, in the spacemen case) wins over better sets (just see RI VS EXO)

I might get Winter village "Market" just for another spaceman. - Thx for the reminder Binion

Yes sir the $99 winter village market indeed. And wait until Oct for a bigger purchase for double VIP. BTW, should we wait for the biggest exclusive purchase on that possible magical triple VIP day around BF (if history repeat from last year) which imight have the second holiday set as well?

Since somebody might know that one:

How many promotional sets do you normally get?

I mean is it only one each time you buy something?

like for example I could go there buy something for 100$ and get it ... and come back in again and buy something else for 100$ getting another one

vs. I buy lots of stuff for 1000$ buy only get one...

is that how it works? or can I say: "dude I bought that LEGO for 1000000$ there should at least be 3 of those promos man!"

Since somebody might know that one:

How many promotional sets do you normally get?

I mean is it only one each time you buy something?

like for example I could go there buy something for 100$ and get it ... and come back in again and buy something else for 100$ getting another one

vs. I buy lots of stuff for 1000$ buy only get one...

is that how it works? or can I say: "dude I bought that LEGO for 1000000$ there should at least be 3 of those promos man!"

Ymmv!

At my local b&m, as long as my purchases can be seperated to equal the promo, they will give that many promos within reason.

For example, I was looking at buying a pet shop $199 and an r2d2 $229. They would only give me 2 promo spaceman, not 4. But 2 T1s, 2 sopwiths and an ecto-1 with an Eiffel Tower would get me 5. It just depends on your shop!

I thought it was through the 14th, but it is still showing up in my cart.  The fine print now says, "Starting 9/1 until supplies last'.

I am actually excited about this.  That means if it is until supplies last then hopefully they will not be holding any back to go through another channel like Legoland or elsewhere and hopefully increase their value further in time.

I went to two Lego stores yesterday and called a third. One had a few spacemen left, the other two were out, but one said they might get a new batch this week. That left me scratching my head, since I thought yesterday was the last day. I guess they have a few leftover that they just need to dump.

That's pretty good. Both of my local b&ms were sold out in just over a week! I had to order a Haunted house from LEGO Shop at Home to get my 2nd spaceman. That was a win win situation though. b)