5002812 - Classic Spaceman Minifigure

biniou

There is something about the box and the little booklet that makes this promo seem "classy". Also, it's only available until the middle of the month with a $99 purchase level. I think it will do well long term.

Agreed. Lego could have half-arsed the thing by sticking the character and robot in a plain polybag with a tiny cheap foldout poster thing. Instead we get a nice piece of memorabilia for all fans of Classic Space, old and new. Great package with a sweet retro design and a good quality booklet included to boot. Now the booklet could have gone a little more in depth with all the Space themes over the years but that isn't much to quibble about really. Chances are if a stack of these were to be found up at the checkout where most of the typical polybags are, I would choose this Classic Spaceman over any polybag.

Just checked my order status, naturally traveling some bizarre path to arrive to my destination, it is at my local post office and should be delivered tomorrow. That means 7 days for it to arrive (Long time means multiple moments where a pancaking could have happened :/ ).

The brickshow also reviewed this set so therefor the awareness that this set exists has been raised:

Im surprised lego has not broadcasted it more on the home page at LEGO Shop at Home, currently its just the Worriz bike. 

This is for VIP members only, are you logged into your VIP account? When I am logged into my VIP account and go to the Lego shopping homepage it is the first large ad I see.

My point was that when I'm not logged in, the promotion is not there. I would have figured if they would have posted it on the homepage, it would have premoted the VIP program for more people to sign up for it.

Hence the brickshow video, raising awareness to non VIP members about this set.

Edited by Mynatt

post-41196-14103845782459_thumb.jpg
Same idea of packaging of 850458

post-41196-14103849061265_thumb.jpg

Full thing
post-41196-14103852463002_thumb.jpg

And of course looks amazing in the exo suit.
Got 2 of them from 2 GEs and I can defiantly say it's an amazing investment.

(Ps, argh my antenna fell behind the shelf while I took this. This happens to be the shelf where I have loads of instructions booklets in, at least 20+ lb so this is gunna be really annoying to move)

Edited by Mynatt

Probably because no one knows about it I've never seen this

Haha yeah, this was before my investing days. I looked at it, knew it was rare, and bought one. I didn't know the slightest about investing at the time. It was 15$ so it was not the biggest loss but still thought it would have been worth something in the future.

But if you're talking about the current Spaceman promo I would suggest to buy it ASAP at the lowest price available. I have a feeling that once the 14th gets here it will start getting more and more expensive

Nothing like something not being available at retail to help out! I think it will be a nice little seller in Nov-Dec.

• Like 1

Never was at retail and never will be its vip only so interesting to see if people will find out about it later.

Yeah, look how my unknown VIP Top 5 850458 turned out, no one even knows about it! Though I understand this one is different, lego has not done anything on their website to people who are not logged in to their VIP accounts so those people don't know this is going on. That has got to have an affect on some sellers after the 14th.

probably that's why there is only 23 sellers on amazon. most are holding onto their stocks :D

I am one of them with 8 at 49.95 not sure if they will sell now or long term and it is ok.

That being said I am wanting to buy WVM's, AA's and some other things but at this point I am inclined to wait till October 1st to get a bunch of the holiday set #1.

Last year those sets sold for a lot.  I am excited those sets will be a good opportunity again. :)

Yeah, look how my unknown VIP Top 5 850458 turned out, no one even knows about it! Though I understand this one is different, lego has not done anything on their website to people who are not logged in to their VIP accounts so those people don't know this is going on. That has got to have an affect on some sellers after the 14th.

The best way to sell this in my opinion after its gone is to pair it with exo suit our something like bennys space ship to get attention. A set like yours is hard because it basically has had no publicity and those figures are available separately.

If your buying the auctions seem to be staying under $20. BIN and amazon are $20 and up. 

I have a pair, it's tempting to get more but I'm also waiting for the xmas promo and double points. I did pick up a tumbler today just to get a second space man, tumbler went right to amz. 

Edited by marcandre