5002812 - Classic Spaceman Minifigure

biniou

I am a classic Space guy; I remember spending hours play Space Lego.  Loved it.  But this particular one is just "meh" for me, too.  It's just a white Space guy.  What am I missing?

Buy Benny's Spaceship and get the White Astronaut with a little droid as a freebie. Double whammy flashback with a totally tubular throwback.

Has anybody scanned the whole booklet? Would love to see it!

14922110149_fce8e6249f_b.jpg

14922236177_aa8d73f1ab_b.jpg

15108432392_790223a664_b.jpg

14922107569_72535f524e_b.jpg

14922233717_dc2e8c8ae3_b.jpg

14922233317_a1b0b80c4b_b.jpg

15105785651_5fbb0ba39d_b.jpg

15108429072_b624c7713e_b.jpg

I don't know why but I am just not a classic Space guy. Just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

I like the simplicity of our fellow cosmonauts. The builds are alright in an quirky retro way.

I am a classic Space guy; I remember spending hours play Space Lego.  Loved it.  But this particular one is just "meh" for me, too.  It's just a white Space guy.  What am I missing?

White spacemen seem to be notorious for having the gold rub off on the logo, so there are way less mint white spacemen out in the wild than the other colors.  Most of my original classic spacemen are in great condition, but I only have one mint white one with a fully intact logo.  This is a chance to get a brand new one, great for older collectors and new collectors who might be discovering the wonderful classic space theme for the first time.  Also, he fits in with the new exo-suit.

30 :) that's $3000 purchase. how many accounts you have?

Just 2, mine and the wifes.  Mainly use mine.  I buy a lot of box damage so go a few times a week, get one each time.  I don't order much online.  I averaged $19 per mini mini so seemed like a good month to buy.  Not many oppurtunities to get roughly 24-30% off factoring in the bonus points earned for the purchase and the overlap of the shredder and fire bike double promo time.  

How come a new VIP account doesn't get the space guy? It says VIP in the corner but no space guy is in basket

New VIP signups will get on 2nd order usually.  They usually don't let you sign up right away and get the VIP.  I am pretty sure it says that in sign up.  I remember seeing it on the Tumbler 

How come a new VIP account doesn't get the space guy? It says VIP in the corner but no space guy is in basket

From the promo terms:

Customers joining the VIP Program via shop.LEGO.com will qualify to earn LEGO Classic Spaceman Minifigure, 5002812 at initial sign up, however the set will not display as part of their order during the checkout process.

I know someone mentioned a couple of days ago about what would happen if they ordered a TOOS item and if the Spaceman promo would be shipped separately in a box or bubble mailer. Anyone done this yet and gotten their Spaceman separately? I want to order HH but am concerned how the Spaceman will come.

I know someone mentioned a couple of days ago about what would happen if they ordered a TOOS item and if the Spaceman promo would be shipped separately in a box or bubble mailer. Anyone done this yet and gotten their Spaceman separately? I want to order HH but am concerned how the Spaceman will come.

I will let you know.  They shipped my Spaceman today without the Tumbler.

I ordered a GE and they have already sent me my spaceman. Haven't recieved it yet but I have a tracking number. GE still on BO for a few weeks yet.

White spacemen seem to be notorious for having the gold rub off on the logo, so there are way less mint white spacemen out in the wild than the other colors.  Most of my original classic spacemen are in great condition, but I only have one mint white one with a fully intact logo.

Now see I did not know that. :)

Here's something else to consider. This White Spaceman promo is the second reissue of the astronaut and the better of the two in my opinion just for getting the logo's placement correct. Check this out. Here is the first reissue compared beside this current promo version.

sp006new.jpgsp006new2.jpg

• Like 1

White spacemen seem to be notorious for having the gold rub off on the logo, so there are way less mint white spacemen out in the wild than the other colors. Most of my original classic spacemen are in great condition, but I only have one mint white one with a fully intact logo. This is a chance to get a brand new one, great for older collectors and new collectors who might be discovering the wonderful classic space theme for the first time. Also, he fits in with the new exo-suit.

The advantage of owning 6952 was its white spaceman came with a kick-ass jet pack. The front part of the jet pack actually covered and protected his space logo pretty well. :)

I agree with your comment though, and I sense a strong :money: force on this classic spaceman bonus set ;)

Now see I did not know that. :)

Here's something else to consider. This White Spaceman promo is the second reissue of the astronaut and the better of the two in my opinion just for getting the logo's placement correct. Check this out. Here is the first reissue compared beside this current promo version.

sp006new.jpgsp006new2.jpg

Interesting, makes me wonder whether the version with the wrong logo placement might be worth something though?

I know someone mentioned a couple of days ago about what would happen if they ordered a TOOS item and if the Spaceman promo would be shipped separately in a box or bubble mailer.

I ordered a T1 and the Spaceman and Chima promos shipped separate.  Fedex says the package is only 0.3 pounds, but the dimensions are 6x6x6" so it should be coming in a box, not a bubble mailer.  It should arrive by the end of the week so I will be able to confirm then.