5002812 - Classic Spaceman Minifigure

biniou

But the VM bus is selling at pretty good prices and that has been out for sometime. Why would this be any different. Curious..

Volksmagen bus is a different story, first of all its a licensed set... and its a Volksmagen bus....

However the spaceman is going to keep its value at least through xmas

VOLKSMAGEN!!

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the mini VW bus was more the exception than the rule.  In my experience these promotional items don't appreciate greatly over time and I find it's best to sell them while they're hot.  I like to make my own discounts on exclusive sets by doing this rather than holding onto them for investment purposes.  Maybe somebody else has better data to share about these promotional items as investments.

• Like 1

At free it is 100% a good investment. Do you mean, is it worth making multiple $99 investments, probably, if you know what to buy. Don't expect them to sell much after the initial peak though.

I meen ive been buying some on ebay at around 20 dollars not spending $100 on sets from lego. I only have 4 right now. Wondering if people are gona be wanting this after the short 14 day availability. Can I make 10 to 20 maybe a piece on my original I my original investment.

I agree about this being more collectible Ed. Only for VIP's, great theme, and incredible packaging that is not the norm. The X factor for me is whether it lasts until the 14th. If it sells out early then awesome. Add in some VIP's hiding off for double points in October and this could be a huge winner.

First promo I actually decided to keep instead of sell. Usually just flip promos while hot for my bonus discount but this one does seem special. To me vw and cooper were only ones that did well but getting close to 20 out of cooper was a no brainer to sell while hot seeing vw peaked around 30 and is a year old and I dont see cooper reaching that level. Balloon cart was another nice one and goes with the mixer well. Figure spaceman will get a bump at xmas too as it packaged great for a small gift

First promo I actually decided to keep instead of sell. Usually just flip promos while hot for my bonus discount but this one does seem special. To me vw and cooper were only ones that did well but getting close to 20 out of cooper was a no brainer to sell while hot seeing vw peaked around 30 and is a year old and I dont see cooper reaching that level. Balloon cart was another nice one and goes with the mixer well. Figure spaceman will get a bump at xmas too as it packaged great for a small gift

a nice little stocking stuffer!

And if a kid is looking to have another spaceman to go with their exo suit, looks like this is the set for them.

what about galaxy squad?

They are weak sets. I like some of them and have collected those. Every theme has its weak sets and dogs. Be it Star Wars, friends etc etc. I see Galaxy Squad in the same category as say UFO or alien conquest. Fact is after LEGO star wars LEGO space lost its way. That's why this is such an great time to see a resurgence of the true glory days of LEGO space.

EDIT:  As promised some white spaceman love :P

bp_1409980115__dsc05319.jpg

The new spaceman is greeted by some old and new friends....

bp_1409980226__dsc05321.jpg

Some new recruits line up for inspection

bp_1409980302__dsc05325.jpg

The Robot fits right in with the local Droid population

Edited by vincevaughn
  • Like 5

Quick question, not sure its here I should ask this.

I have ordered a HH  yesterday from LEGO Shop at Home Canada, but its out of stock, shipping around October. I have a spaceman promo in my order. Is my promo reserved or if they run out of Spaceman I could loose the promo?

Tks :)

There is something about the box and the little booklet that makes this promo seem "classy". Also, it's only available until the middle of the month with a $99 purchase level. I think it will do well long term.

The box / booklet definitely is what does it. If this was a polybag it wouldn't of generated this much interest. Great presentation. Picked up 2 more today. Taking awhile but I'm up to 9

What's also interesting about this promo is the fact that it's dated.  Wonder if they'll continue to release sets like this with different vintage spacemen each year, perhaps run through all the different colors, or futuron/blacktron/m-tron etc?  If that is the case this will be even more collectible.

They are weak sets. I like some of them and have collected those. Every theme has its weak sets and dogs. Be it Star Wars, friends etc etc. I see Galaxy Squad in the same category as say UFO or alien conquest. Fact is after LEGO star wars LEGO space lost its way. That's why this is such an great time to see a resurgence of the true glory days of LEGO space.

EDIT:  As promised some white spaceman love :P

bp_1409980115__dsc05319.jpg

The new spaceman is greeted by some old and new friends....

bp_1409980226__dsc05321.jpg

Some new recruits line up for inspection

bp_1409980302__dsc05325.jpg

The Robot fits right in with the local Droid population

Green guy just isn't having it...

Edited by spener90
  • Like 1