Super Heroes 2015

jaisonline

Hi,

I made a list of all of the new figures that are coming in the next wave of sets.  I thought you would find it interesting.  Over 80 and counting.

Here are the 80 figures sorted by set type

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Unreleased-and-Prototype-Lego-Minifigures.html

and here are the new DC Batman sets and the SpiderMan Sets from this summer.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-76034-76035-76036-76037-preliminary-images/

The fun house is... ok, I guess. Lots of minifigs which is great.

But the rest of the sets...

Except for the hulk buster (which is "ok"), I think everything other sets are so disappointing !

Maybe it's because of the design of the ships in the movie, I don't know.

Such a lack of fun in design, or STUPID designs (Batman-gorilla: I want to cry all day each time I see it)

Both Marvel and DC 2012/13/14 vehicules and sets were so much better IMO...

Whatever, our older sets will seem even more attractive.

Can anyone tell from the bad pics if it's the same Harley Quinn from the Duo Funhouse? 

Also overall really disappointing sets aside from the Hulkbuster.  The Avengers Tower is a maybe for me.  Jokerland is super disappointing and I feel more comfortable that the Funhouse is still a great set.  

Maybe these pics aren't final and it will look better but as of now, most of these sets are big letdowns.  

Can anyone tell from the bad pics if it's the same Harley Quinn from the Duo Funhouse? 

Also overall really disappointing sets aside from the Hulkbuster.  The Avengers Tower is a maybe for me.  Jokerland is super disappointing and I feel more comfortable that the Funhouse is still a great set.  

Maybe these pics aren't final and it will look better but as of now, most of these sets are big letdowns.  

She looks the same, but LEGO has been known for putting most recent or substitute minifigures for their prelim pics.

In my opinion most SH sets are just enhanced battle packs. Where they know that build is important they don't neglect it (Tumbler, AA).

Yes and that's why investing in super heroes sets is a risky game if you're not aware of the news, because once an exclusive minifig can be found in an other set, boom, the first set does not sell anymore.

The only exception is when the "old" minifig is a bit different (I'm thinking about wolverine right now), so hardcore collectors would want each version of wolverine. But you have to be lucky to sell it to this kind of collector.

Most of the kid will just be happy with the new version, even if the belt on the minifig is not exactly the same...

But as you said, when the potential of the set is also based on vehicles, that's not the same scenario: might the minifigs be no more exclusives, people can still be attracted by the vehicule/building.

You're talking about the AA: even if minifigs all appear one day in other sets, there would still be the mansion (it's far more than just a bonus !) which does have real value : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-DC-Universe-Super-Heroes-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Breakout-10937-NO-MINIFIGS-/261712941783?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3cef4e92d7

(55% value of the whole set compared to new items)

On the other side, put apart minifigs of the 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown and you'll just see a "meh" helicopter... Listings on ebay show that this helicopter is worthless (well, the price of the bricks: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Lego-Marvel-Deadpools-Helicopter-Only-from-6866-No-Minifig-No-Box-No-Bike-NEW-/400654374008?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item5d48dc9478 )

(25% of the value of the whole set compared to new items)

(these examples might not be the best ones but they give an idea of what I mean)

• Like 1

Yes and that's why investing in super heroes sets is a risky game if you're not aware of the news, because once an exclusive minifig can be found in an other set, boom, the first set does not sell anymore.

The only exception is when the "old" minifig is a bit different (I'm thinking about wolverine right now), so hardcore collectors would want each version of wolverine. But you have to be lucky to sell it to this kind of collector.

Most of the kid will just be happy with the new version, even if the belt on the minifig is not exactly the same...

But as you said, when the potential of the set is also based on vehicles, that's not the same scenario: might the minifigs be no more exclusives, people can still be attracted by the vehicule/building.

You're talking about the AA: even if minifigs all appear one day in other sets, there would still be the mansion (it's far more than just a bonus !) which does have real value : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-DC-Universe-Super-Heroes-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Breakout-10937-NO-MINIFIGS-/261712941783?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3cef4e92d7

(55% value of the whole set compared to new items)

On the other side, put apart minifigs of the 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown and you'll just see a "meh" helicopter... Listings on ebay show that this helicopter is worthless (well, the price of the bricks: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Lego-Marvel-Deadpools-Helicopter-Only-from-6866-No-Minifig-No-Box-No-Bike-NEW-/400654374008?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item5d48dc9478 )

(25% of the value of the whole set compared to new items)

(these examples might not be the best ones but they give an idea of what I mean)

Nice summary, you are right. However this seems to be consistent with profit maximisation for LEGO. Why waste plastic on sets which sell just as well with less? It's freaking Super Heroes. I mean, it's in the name. That's the interest of the audience, not the filler stuff (buildings, vehicles) which are mostly random generic subpar stuff even in the movies/comics to serve as a background (with a few exceptions). 

Oof, the Funland doesn't look all that great to me, so bright and so many different colours! Funhouse at least had a theme going with the colours, and it was a bit darker like you'd find in Arkham City (video game). I'm sure it will be an awesome playset though.

Great amount of figs and the Batmobile though, but AA is looking even better now.