Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

I just read this, I guess I've been a bit lazy but I'm keen to contribute if it's still going.

I went to a Catholic elementary school as I'm first-gen Polish Aussie. I'm not a practising Catholic anymore but I'll still give back because this is a great site :-) 

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
On 1/11/2016 at 2:28 PM, Mos_Eisley said:

Alright, I'm selling likes!

I've already bought some raffle tickets, but just for fun, for every "like" this post gets from members who joined before the time of this posting, I'll spend an equal amount on more tickets, up to $250.  If it gets beyond that, I'll figure out how much more I'll spend.

Let's set a like record!

Direct Link to Mos_Eisley's post

3 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:
On 1/11/2016 at 2:28 PM, Mos_Eisley said:

Alright, I'm selling likes!

I've already bought some raffle tickets, but just for fun, for every "like" this post gets from members who joined before the time of this posting, I'll spend an equal amount on more tickets, up to $250.  If it gets beyond that, I'll figure out how much more I'll spend.

Let's set a like record!

Direct Link to Mos_Eisley's post

Page 25 on the app for me... and I cursed you every time I had to keep searching every page until I found that post. LOL

I gotta start using the website again, I didn't even know we HAD badges here.

I understand that, I know you understand that but there are a lot of others that don't.  Just mentioning it about higher dollar sets as well as a few friends and I have tracked it and the percentages are pretty eye opening especially on Amazon.  

I too buy sets over retail. Not much but if I feel can still make some money will do it.   Bought some SSD last year at 500-600 and did well with that.  

Mainly just throwing 1 more jab into you not selling a set for a bazillion years as well.

It's all about time and lack of it.  Just packaging and shipping the sets to the LEGO raffle winners will be an issue.  LOL. Believe me...I know what's ahead.  For me it's about a "Rainy Day or College Fund."  I am really screwed.

Threaten your kids to pack and ship or you'll send them to a crappy college. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Sadly, he won't be the only one getting the axe if we don't raise the money....

You are certainly correct there.... the power of choice is lost with every private school that closes. That is why St. Paul's isn't about a Catholic school closing....  it is about losing the power of Choice....if every private school closed, you would have NO CHOICE but to send your child into public school-- almost being forced into it. The old Catholic Schools with mean nuns and scary priests are gone.... what is within the walls of Catholic Schools these days are computer labs, STEM programs, robotics clubs, Science clubs, academic competitons, honor societies and language clubs... and perhaps a lego club or 2 lol ---- 

robotics (emma) (2).jpg

• Like 3

Hmm. Since every news site and blog seems like they are running articles on how good investing in LEGO is. Why don't we start posting somthing like " Brickpicker forums is currently running a raffle for some of the most wanted sets" with a link to the raffle page forums in the commnents after the articles

Think I read somewhere that someone donated a new gt350 for your school??   Don't know where I seen it but they said drawing would take place toward mid to late summer if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, just thought that was cool, I'm in the market for the next gt500 but will probably throw some tickets at the raffle for support.