Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

6 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Thanks for doing that Ed! ☺

No problem.  I wish PayPal would change their policy about raffles, because I know people would have bought more if it was enabled for the raffle instead of regular donations, but I will buy tickets with my credit card and give members the numbers.  They could PayPal me the money.  

24 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

@Ed Mack is there a way to see how many tickets were sold in each? I am thinking about buying a couple more tickets, but hoping to play the best odds

FWIW, this request was denied earlier in the thread.  Besides, wouldn't this give late purchasers an unfair advantage?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

@Ed Mack is there a way to see how many tickets were sold in each? I am thinking about buying a couple more tickets, but hoping to play the best odds

I bet, if you carefully consider each lot, you could figure out which sets are the most popular and make an educated guess as to which ones have more interest. At least that's what I tried to do.

However, at this point I don't remember which tickets I bought. 

Edited by Migration
  • Like 1

As a St Paul School parent, I am overwhelmed by the support for this cause and the money Ed and Jeff have helped raised through this fundraiser. It really speaks to how special SPS is for our families to give so much of themselves to help support our school!  Thank you to everyone who hs purchased raffle tickets! Thank you for understanding how special SPS is to our families. http://www.stpaulbrl.org

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Is it possible to get the 7 tickets for $50 and spread them across the prizes? Or is the quantity discount only available within one prize each?

Not that it matters, but just curious. Happy to help either way, and i hope you guys meet your goal.

No. Just 7 on one item/bundle.

On 1/11/2016 at 5:28 PM, Mos_Eisley said:

Alright, I'm selling likes!

I've already bought some raffle tickets, but just for fun, for every "like" this post gets from members who joined before the time of this posting, I'll spend an equal amount on more tickets, up to $250.  If it gets beyond that, I'll figure out how much more I'll spend.

Let's set a like record!

Don't let Mos Eisley off the hook!!!  PAGE 10

• Like 4

The wife and I finally decided which item we wanted to get our tickets for.  Thanks Ed and Jeff for organizing this and giving all of us a chance to do something for you guys for a change.  The site certainly has been and continues to be an amazing resource and my wife and I both hope that the funds for St Paul School are able to be raised.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doejaster said:

The wife and I finally decided which item we wanted to get our tickets for.  Thanks Ed and Jeff for organizing this and giving all of us a chance to do something for you guys for a change.  The site certainly has been and continues to be an amazing resource and my wife and I both hope that the funds for St Paul School are able to be raised.

Definitely, this is a great grass-roots cause.

Sadly, due to money constraints ATM (I'm a casual worker currently getting a measly 8 hrs a week with a wife and kid) and the low AUD, I only managed to get one ticket. However, I'll see if I can make an extra ebay sale or two before it ends and get more ;)

• Like 4

Long time visitor, first time poster. I felt compelled after seeing this fundraiser. I'm also from New Jersey and I just wanted to thank you for supporting education in New Jersey. Parochial schools receive little- to no- state or federal aid so I think it's simply awesome that you've initiated this fundraiser. Although the school is not facing imminent closure, my son will be starting at a Catholic high school in September, and I truly appreciate the difficulty parochial schools have continuing to operate in the face of mounting costs and the never-ending list of unfunded state and federal mandates. I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, Ed Mack said:

To be fair, I think that's balanced out by the stress you feel while looking at your bank account . . . I just hope I can slip it through without my girlfriend noticing the money mysteriously missing.

On a more serious note: The Lego community is honestly one of the best communities I've had the pleasure of being a part of. I have yet to have a single bad experience in the AFOL communities. Catholic schools (and other similar private schools) are simply some of the best in the nation. Even if you don't support the religion, Catholicism has been, for literally hundreds and hundreds of years, one of the major contributors to education. There's been rough patches, but today most Catholic schools are competitive and provide a fantastic learning environment for kids. I'm just a poor college student scraping by and I don't have a lot of money to pitch in, but it's hard to stand by and not help such a fantastic cause championed by such incredible and wonderful people, people who don't hesitate to put both their time and money into our Lego communities. Thanks guys!

• Like 2