Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

Longtime visitor, first time poster.

Non-catholic, catholic high school alumni myself.  Just felt compelled to say that this school sounds like a great cause (and I say that as a non-catholic!), and I'm dang happy to have a chance to contribute.  $50 for a bunch of kids, PLUS a chance to win a few great sets?  Win win for everybody.  Hoping the total reaches $100K+!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I would like to personally thank Huw over at Brickset.com for posting about this LEGO raffle on his homepage.  He has always helped out Jeff and I and we are very grateful...

Brickset members doing a great job of getting us to $25K.  I think there could be a shot to get to $30K.   That would be most impressive.  Think of all the happy little kids faces :)  On the day the blizzard started here, my wife and I got go visit the school for a dinner and it was really nice for Ed's son to show us his classroom.  He did it with pride.  All the kids really enjoyed being there and helping out.  Everyone knew everyone.  It was really nice to see.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jacquie said:

Long time visitor, first time poster. I felt compelled after seeing this fundraiser. I'm also from New Jersey and I just wanted to thank you for supporting education in New Jersey. Parochial schools receive little- to no- state or federal aid so I think it's simply awesome that you've initiated this fundraiser. Although the school is not facing imminent closure, my son will be starting at a Catholic high school in September, and I truly appreciate the difficulty parochial schools have continuing to operate in the face of mounting costs and the never-ending list of unfunded state and federal mandates. I wish you the best of luck.

It's disappointing that some of the tax dollars given to public schools cannot be distributed to quality private schools.  St. Paul School is very efficient with their money and they do a lot for the kids with less.  My local public school system have 3 brand new schools and below average test scores.  They just received another 8-10 million dollars from taxpayers for who knows what.  Maybe they need some new shrubs or something.  

• Like 1

^That always irks me. Whenever a public school is struggling with results, everyone's thought is to pour more money into it . . . the very idea of cutting any programs, even those that show little success, is often a big taboo. I could rant about that for days, but I'll just say when schools like that get money while schools like Saint Paul's show success, but struggle for money, don't get any, it depresses me. I was homeschooled my whole life and the thought of sending my future kids to some public schools frightens me. Thankfully, we were very fortunate to have fairly good public and private schools where I grew up.

The closest high school to me spent millions of dollars to build a fancy new football stadium . . . their team rarely even won. It was more for the band, but all they use it for is practice. It's a decent school, but that's just unnecessary.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jdmpartz said:

Just bought some tickets. Thank You for offering some cool sets!

What is the Brickpicker Bundle #5?

sets donated by brickpicker members 

• 75105 Millennium Falcon (jaisonline)
  • 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (jaisonline)
  • 60051 High-Speed Passenger Train (belljohn)
  • 60052  Cargo Train (belljohn)
  • 21304 Doctor Who (Lordoflego)
  • 21109 Exo Suit (Lordoflego)
  • 70227 King Crominus’ Rescue (force392)
  • 9450 Epic Dragon Battle (force392)
  • 40166 LEGOLAND Train (Alpinemaps)
  • 70728 Battle for Ninjago City (geno)
  • 10697 Creative Box (blueriderbrick)

30,000!!!!!

• Like 3

Ok, I am in and I will double my donation if I win something.

And for people that have commented that he/she can't support a religious organization, then simply send Ed money on Paypal as a site contribution and he can choose to donate the equivalent of his own money to his cause instead of using it on the site.  It's similar to selling an item on ebay for someone else to simply resell.

• Like 3

Guest brickcrazyhouse
22 hours ago, belljohn said:

I count 64 supporters so far today.  Wonderful.  Over 25k, and I know we can make it to 30K.  When we get to $29,700 I will put in another $300 to get us there.  Keep spreading the word.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 7.01.09 PM.png

Edit Bellijohn you are super generous 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse