Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

Would be a lot more convenient if Paypal was a option, still will be donating but hopefully something to think about for the next fundraiser.

PayPal does not allow raffles. It has nothing to do with Rallyup or us. If people want to send me money through PayPal, I can buy them tickets.

• Like 1

Hmm. Since every news site and blog seems like they are running articles on how good investing in LEGO is. Why don't we start posting somthing like " Brickpicker forums is currently running a raffle for some of the most wanted sets" with a link to the raffle page forums in the commnents after the articles

Unfortunately, we don't control the news. But people can share the many links we have to the raffle. They are on our Facebook and Twitter page, on my signature, on the homepage, and on the top of the forums.

Think I read somewhere that someone donated a new gt350 for your school??   Don't know where I seen it but they said drawing would take place toward mid to late summer if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, just thought that was cool, I'm in the market for the next gt500 but will probably throw some tickets at the raffle for support.

I don't know about that. I don't think that is correct.

Well, that's done.

Just wanted to say that it was because of browsing Neosphinx' profile that I learned about the ongoing charity and raffle.  I was going to suggest better visibility on the forum by putting this thread above everything else but I noticed it's there...  Don't know how I could miss it but possibly others didn't notice it as well?

I also read some people aren't able to pay with their credit card. That's because in Europe lots of banks allow payment everywhere except in the US (because of the high possibility of fraud).  It only takes a few minutes to log in to your online bank account and change this.  You can change it back immediately after your payment.  (Maybe this was a problem as well for some European users).

The only thing left to say is:

"Won't somebody please think of the children?"  (too bad no minifig was made of her :derisive:)

Good luck with the charity to the Macks and happy new year to all the brickpickers!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SlashMcGee said:

Well, that's done.

Just wanted to say that it was because of browsing Neosphinx' profile that I learned about the ongoing charity and raffle.  I was going to suggest better visibility on the forum by putting this thread above everything else but I noticed it's there...  Don't know how I could miss it but possibly others didn't notice it as well?

I also read some people aren't able to pay with their credit card. That's because in Europe lots of banks allow payment everywhere except in the US (because of the high possibility of fraud).  It only takes a few minutes to log in to your online bank account and change this.  You can change it back immediately after your payment.  (Maybe this was a problem as well for some European users).

The only thing left to say is:

"Won't somebody please think of the children?"  (too bad no minifig was made of her :derisive:)

Good luck with the charity to the Macks and happy new year to all the brickpickers!

We have shifted and posted links and banners all over and will change it up in a week or so for the final push.  

Guest brickcrazyhouse
23 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Likes don't cost anything. Let's give these people some likes.

On January 18, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Lordoflego said:

anyway, as cheap as I am, as lazy, as....as NOT-participating-in-SH.T as I am, I'm going to make a little version of Mos_Eisley $-4-likes idea, give this post 10 likes and I'll spend $10 on raffle ticket, up to 50 likes/$50! Let's go. (I'll pay on last day of the raffle Ed) And on the side, buy some tix too! Plus like Mos_Eisley post that I provided...

pg 15 Posted Sunday at 8:58 PM

On January 11, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Mos_Eisley said:

Alright, I'm selling likes!

I've already bought some raffle tickets, but just for fun, for every "like" this post gets from members who joined before the time of this posting, I'll spend an equal amount on more tickets, up to $250.  If it gets beyond that, I'll figure out how much more I'll spend.

Let's set a like record!

pg 10 Posted 11 January

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

23 hours ago, LisaH said:

You are certainly correct there.... the power of choice is lost with every private school that closes. That is why St. Paul's isn't about a Catholic school closing....  it is about losing the power of Choice....if every private school closed, you would have NO CHOICE but to send your child into public school-- almost being forced into it. The old Catholic Schools with mean nuns and scary priests are gone.... what is within the walls of Catholic Schools these days are computer labs, STEM programs, robotics clubs, Science clubs, academic competitons, honor societies and language clubs... and perhaps a lego club or 2 lol ---- 

robotics (emma) (2).jpg

Love it!  Everyone likes to have a CHOICE . . . And an exceptional one at that.

Thanks again for all the support!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LisaH said:

You are certainly correct there.... the power of choice is lost with every private school that closes. That is why St. Paul's isn't about a Catholic school closing....  it is about losing the power of Choice....if every private school closed, you would have NO CHOICE but to send your child into public school-- almost being forced into it. The old Catholic Schools with mean nuns and scary priests are gone.... what is within the walls of Catholic Schools these days are computer labs, STEM programs, robotics clubs, Science clubs, academic competitons, honor societies and language clubs... and perhaps a lego club or 2 lol ---- 

robotics (emma) (2).jpg

Well, when we raise enough money, I will start developing a plan for the most kick ass LEGO club in the world.  I mean, after all, you have the world's leading authority on LEGO sets walking the halls of St. Paul School.  I will members of this site wanting to join this club...LOL

• Like 3

after you purchase your tickets it gave me ticket numbers .For each bundle I purchased it had a different ticket number.Out of curiosity is that the amount of tickets sold for that bundle(for example if i received ticket number 400 on a bundle that i was the 400th ticket on that bundle)

8 minutes ago, river41 said:

after you purchase your tickets it gave me ticket numbers .For each bundle I purchased it had a different ticket number.Out of curiosity is that the amount of tickets sold for that bundle(for example if i received ticket number 400 on a bundle that i was the 400th ticket on that bundle)

Sort of.  Each raffle had a different starting point.