Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

33 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

I will buy a few tickets. Just a thought but it would be cool if you could do the 7 tickets for $50 thing but be able to spread out the tickets to which sets people would like (instead of being stuck to just one).

I agree.  It's not my system.  Maybe I can suggest that to them for future offerings.  

One thing I thought about is that Brickpickers that have a Target Red Card can specify St. Paul as their specified "Take Charge of Education" so that 1% of their purchases get donated. It's ending May of this year but could help out. Costs nothing but time to add the school to your Red Card account.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Target has stopped that program unfortunately.  At least that is what I was told by the school PTA.

I looked into it a couple of months ago for my son's school and from target's website it is active now but will end in May 2016.

• Like 1

Just a note:  If you are nervous about using your credit card on-line or internationally etc. for something like this...

I just purchased another batch of tickets to add to my previous 7 (was this a ploy, adding new really cool items ongoingly???)  

...anyway, I just used one of those generic nameless drugmart gift-card, pre-paid masted cards everyone gets for Christmas & usually never gets around to using (or simply doesn't have any free cc slots in their wallet so they float around the desk for months) and it was accepted without any problem. Even with the US conversion from it's Canadian host $ value.  enter the number, exp date, and code from the back, Trick is instead of entering your own name in the boxes at payment you enter the name printed in scrolly font on the card - in my case it was  "Ideal Choice" (without the "The" preceeding the name).    

seems to work just fine, got an acceptance message & receipt. it's easy.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Target has stopped that program unfortunately.  At least that is what I was told by the school PTA.

There's also the Amazon Smile program from Amazon, where a percentage of member purchases go to a specific charity, in this case, the school. In that case people could be donating the next time they order anything from Amazon without paying any extra. There's more info here: https://org.amazon.com/

Edited by josericardogb1
Correcting links
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jmdt said:

I looked into it a couple of months ago for my son's school and from target's website it is active now but will end in May 2016.

As a follow up to this, here is the link from the Target website. https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home.

The program ends 5/14/16. My understanding is that this is based on your using the redcard. So if you have an affiliate link, both your school and the affiliate (i.e., bp) can benefit.

1 hour ago, josericardogb1 said:

There's also the Amazon Smile program from Amazon, where a percentage of member purchases go to a specific charity, in this case, the school. In that case people could be donating the next time they order anything from Amazon without paying any extra. There's more info here: https://org.amazon.com/

Yes, they are applying now.  It takes months to get approved, but it works nicely once implemented.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jmdt said:

As a follow up to this, here is the link from the Target website. https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home.

The program ends 5/14/16. My understanding is that this is based on your using the redcard. So if you have an affiliate link, both your school and the affiliate (i.e., bp) can benefit.

They were members on the Target program, but I was told it was ending.  Maybe it is indeed May.  I will ask.  Thanks...

26 minutes ago, banshee3 said:

In the end if you don't reach your goals, I hope you guys won't take it personal and can feel proud of what you have accomplished. 

If we don't reach our goals, the site shuts down and you are all on your own...LOL...Godspeed.

• Like 2

I sold my last Lego hero factory 7179 for 140.50 when I bought it for 8 at a Lego store. I would love to put all the profit I got into your raffle but I am in a bit of a pinch myself in needing money as well. I will just need to get something sorted out after my purchasing of my new books for my semester and I might have some more left over to donate. I will get at least 3 tickets worth before the raffle ends if nothing else, I can guarantee you that.

• Like 2