Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

10 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Listen, I would even let Hcx88kid back on the site if he bought a few tickets. If you want a raffle for toilet paper and lipstick, I can come up with something.

I'll do a 3 pack today for him if that's true ,  #freehxckid88

as for another bundle with TP , I'd have no shot at that, exciter will buy all the tickets!!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

as for another bundle with TP , I'd have no shot at that, exciter will buy all the tickets!!!

You are a nice person.  Unfortunately, you would have to donate a lot more than that to get him back on the site.  The stress he has caused me recently is worth a $1000.00 donation...minimum.  :money:

• Like 1

You are a nice person.  Unfortunately, you would have to donate a lot more than that to get him back on the site.  The stress he has caused me recently is worth a $1000.00 donation...minimum.  :money:

I sure do miss those posts of his.

• Like 2

Finally managed to get in on this. I constantly have to fight my need to procrastinate. 

I think I'll buy another $10 ticket for each item I sell for the rest of this month, since Brickpicker has done a heck of a lot to get my sales to where they are. I'm not all that big time, but average about 5-7 sales a week, so I'd like to get 3x tickets for each item at least :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Yes.  We wanted to thank people who did give.  If you gave and didn't receive one and want one, please contact Jeff or I.  Sometimes the emails don't match our records.  

P.S.: Mods and Admins cannot get the badge because of their icons.  

This only for raffle? Would like to have one

Yes.  We wanted to thank people who did give.  If you gave and didn't receive one and want one, please contact Jeff or I.  Sometimes the emails don't match our records.  

P.S.: Mods and Admins cannot get the badge because of their icons.  

This only for raffle? Would like to have one

I will have Jeff add one tomorrow.

I know some of you have said that the Series 10 sealed case of Collectible Minifigures was of no interest to you, but after seeing the Mr. Gold hit $1500.00, how can you ignore the potential of that item?  If you are lucky enough to get a Mr.Gold (and there are still plenty unaccounted for), that's $1500.00 plus the other 63 random series 10 bags selling for $10.00+ each.  It could be a $2000.00 score!

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I know some of you have said that the Series 10 sealed case of Collectible Minifigures was of no interest to you, but after seeing the Mr. Gold hit $1500.00, how can you ignore the potential of that item?  If you are lucky enough to get a Mr.Gold (and there are still plenty unaccounted for), that's $1500.00 plus the other 63 random series 10 bags selling for $10.00+ each.  It could be a $2000.00 score!

That's where I put my tickets! Totally agree. I used a different email when I contributed than the one I've registered here, but I'm on board and really sincerely wishing you guys all the best. It's great what you are doing.

• Like 1

Absolutely! And if I won that one I'd be inclined to reraffle Mr. Gold.

decided to not pull the trigger this week on jokerland today and instead bought 7 chances for a town hall and 7 chances for a mystery box.  jokerland isn't going anywhere anytime soon.......I hope.  I like this website and the cause a little more than a beast boy and star fire minifigure anyhow:)

do I get a giving back thing underneath my name and if so, how?  sorry, I am a noob at this stuff.

Edited by waydog
incorrect info
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, waydog said:

decided to not pull the trigger this week on jokerland today and instead bought 5 chances for a town hall and 5 chances for a mystery box.  jokerland isn't going anywhere anytime soon.......I hope.  I like this website and the cause a little more than a beast boy and star fire minifigure anyhow:)

do I get a giving back thing underneath my name and if so, how?  sorry, I am a noob at this stuff.

Thanks.  I still have some surprises up my sleeve, so don't stop buying.  

If you cannot afford to donate, then sharing this LINK is a good way to help out as well...Post is on LEGO sites or wherever else it might be considered useful.  I don't think anyone posted on Reddit or Eurobricks, so if you are reputable members there, it could really help.  Thanks.

My prayers and gratitude to all who have and will supported this cause.

I am teacher at SPS and have been teaching in Catholic School for many years....Catholic School changes lives and through your support, we will be able to continue this very important ministry. I BELIEVE 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

If you cannot afford to donate, then sharing this LINK is a good way to help out as well...Post is on LEGO sites or wherever else it might be considered useful.  I don't think anyone posted on Reddit or Eurobricks, so if you are reputable members there, it could really help.  Thanks.

There's a popular Lego group on Google+ with more than 50,000 members, where I just now posted about the raffle too! :) 

• Like 4

To the BrickPicker Community...

We are about half way through this charity raffle for my son's school and there have been a lot of very generous people that have helped out and donated to a wonderful cause.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.   That being said, I am a little disappointed with the amount of people who have bought tickets for some great LEGO sets.  It's not like these are just your regular LEGO sets.  We have been seeing tremendous traffic on the site over the past two months, with easily 10,000 to 20,000 unique people on the site on any given day and we have gotten 317 supporters as of this writing.  A little underwhelming in my opinion.  We can do much better.  

I am looking for suggestions.  Are people looking for different types of sets, maybe some Friends, CITY, Ninjago, Legends of Chima, Super Heroes or other more common sets.  Should I make the "Mystery Box" a "Grab Bag" sort of deal, where winners can pick 5 to 10 sets from a large list of varied themes and set types?  Should tickets be lowered for some of the lesser packages?  I am planning on adding some more options, but I would appreciate some feedback to maximize donations.   

Thanks...Ed Mack

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

To the BrickPicker Community...

We are about half way through this charity raffle for my son's school and there have been a lot of very generous people that have helped out and donated to a wonderful cause.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.   That being said, I am a little disappointed with the amount of people who have bought tickets for some great LEGO sets.  It's not like these are just your regular LEGO sets.  We have been seeing tremendous traffic on the site over the past two months, with easily 10,000 to 20,000 unique people on the site on any given day and we have gotten 317 supporters as of this writing.  A little underwhelming in my opinion.  We can do much better.  

I am looking for suggestions.  Are people looking for different types of sets, maybe some Friends, CITY, Ninjago, Legends of Chima, Super Heroes or other more common sets.  Should I make the "Mystery Box" a "Grab Bag" sort of deal, where winners can pick 5 to 10 sets from a large list of varied themes and set types?  Should tickets be lowered for some of the lesser packages?  I am planning on adding some more options, but I would appreciate some feedback to maximize donations.   

Thanks...Ed Mack

Ed, don't forget the Dark Side of the Force ... it's called Procastination :) Keep hammering these messages at folks and more importantly, put up a "Only X days left" banner everywhere. I'm sure that will entice some ....

• Like 5