Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, masterX244 said:

Too bad that paypal doesnt work for raffle tickets... In germany credit cards arent that common as in the US

You can always make a paypal donation and maybe good Karma will strike and next time you go shopping you find a MISB Green Grocer or at least a Microfighter Series 1!

I'm a little surprised that we (as a community), have not reached the 10% (20k) of total needed yet, (of the 200k total budget needed for the school). There are some good raffle prizes, and a few weeks left, hope we can at least reach a decent mark to have this be a success. 

On 5/1/2016 at 5:59 AM, Ed Mack said:

A Rallyup.com widget has been put on the homepage to show the current progress with the fundraiser.

Some ideas...two simple rules:

1) any brickpicker member HAVE to buy at least a ticket 

2) put a litlle fee in any blickclassified deal to finance the campaign

2 hours ago, tractorboy said:

Go on then, in for a TH! Best of luck with that Ed. I can't say a catholic education ever did me any good haha, but sounds like your lad is happy there and that's all that matters really.

It's really not about "Catholic" education, it's about quality education.  There are many non-Catholics in the school.  It's about a sense of respect and goodness that permeates through that building.  I cannot explain it.  I would hate to see a good thing die.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It's really not about "Catholic" education, it's about quality education.  There are many non-Catholics in the school.  It's about a sense of respect and goodness that permeates through that building.  I cannot explain it.  

I know Ed, I was just joking. A good school is a good school, like you say. Glad to help out!

6 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

I know Ed, I was just joking. A good school is a good school, like you say. Glad to help out!

I know you were and I am grateful for your support.  I just wanted to make sure people knew that it's not about religion.  Far from it.  There are politics that I will not bore you with involved with this.  The only ones who suffer are the kids, families and faculty.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, glucapg said:

I like your mindset.  LOL.  I was thinking more about flooding the entire LEGO secondary market with thousands of cheap LEGO sets as punishment to those who don't buy a raffle ticket.  :devil:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I like your mindset.  LOL.  I was thinking more about flooding the entire LEGO secondary market with thousands of cheap LEGO sets as punishment to those who don't buy a raffle ticket.  :devil:

Ed - Nobody wants your Chima Fire Bikes .. ;)

• Like 5

Wouldn't this result in a post on the daily deals thread about 1000's of cheap Legos for sale on :

Lots of people have asked for some sort of fee structure for the site in the past two years, and you guys have refused, saying it doesn't fit your vision. I hope and imagine a great majority of those folks who are still active have contributed. I can't imagine significantly active members not being aware of the raffle by now.

This is a chance to, essentially, "pay" for the incredible benefit of membership on this site, AND support a greater cause at the same time. This proves the ideals and vision of the founders in a significant way, and I have great respect for that.

Sure, finances may be tight for a few folks out there right now. But if you are a member of more than a few weeks reading this, and have posted in the "daily deals" thread, "clearance deals", "what I bought today", or spent any money whatsoever on Lego in the time since you became aware of the fund raiser, hopefully you have already donated. Otherwise, I ask respectfully that you seriously ask yourself how you would feel if you reached out for a VERY SMALL favor to people you "work" with and generally have respect for... and almost no one responded. Ouch, right?

It only takes one $10 ticket to make a small difference, and for cryin' out loud, take a quick guess at what this site has been worth to you since you joined.

If the answer is not at least $10, then what the heck are you doing here?

A quick scan of those threads answers the question clearly: "Not giving back".

Step up, folks. Please.

Edited by Grynn
  • Like 5

Just picked up a few tickets.  Happy to donate to a good cause; you’re doing a valiant effort promoting this one guys.
Hopefully a few more brickpickers out there just like me, procrastinating on buying a few tickets (and my message would be stop reading this and make that donation J).

Wouldn’t be where I am today without a great education (probably the same for most on here). Always going to be a lot of worthwhile causes to help but to having an opportunity to help out the younger generation is a definite no brianer to me.

• Like 1