Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

Please help us keep St Paul School strong - the school is like a second home to our whole family. We are so appreciative of Ed and Jeff's generosity and efforts!  That's a picture of our SPS bell choir performing at Christmas Eve mass below. Such wonderful kids and families. Please share this raffle with your friends and family - there are GREAT prizes!  Thank you for your support!!

image.jpeg

• Like 8

On 1/6/2016 at 9:56 PM, Lordoflego said:

I think all those posts will convince only few to participate, rest r just cheap, greedy Scrooges.....

sorry, my car broke down last week (transmission, $2000-$3000) and I'm getting it back/paying mechanic this Friday, but I still managed to be a part of this raffle/fundraiser.....that unexpected car issue could really be my excuse, well....it's not.

now.....what's ur excuse? 

Thank you for your set donation.  You and Jaisonline both donated wonderful sets.  I don't know how to package them yet, but I will make some more raffle choices before this is done.  If anyone else wants to donate a set, I will pay for shipping.  Thanks again.

Lots of people have asked for some sort of fee structure for the site in the past two years, and you guys have refused, saying it doesn't fit your vision. I hope and imagine a great majority of those folks who are still active have contributed. I can't imagine significantly active members not being aware of the raffle by now.

This is a chance to, essentially, "pay" for the incredible benefit of membership on this site, AND support a greater cause at the same time. This proves the ideals and vision of the founders in a significant way, and I have great respect for that.

Sure, finances may be tight for a few folks out there right now. But if you are a member of more than a few weeks reading this, and have posted in the "daily deals" thread, "clearance deals", "what I bought today", or spent any money whatsoever on Lego in the time since you became aware of the fund raiser, hopefully you have already donated. Otherwise, I ask respectfully that you seriously ask yourself how you would feel if you reached out for a VERY SMALL favor to people you "work" with and generally have respect for... and almost no one responded. Ouch, right?

It only takes one $10 ticket to make a small difference, and for cryin' out loud, take a quick guess at what this site has been worth to you since you joined.

If the answer is not at least $10, then what the heck are you doing here?

A quick scan of those threads answers the question clearly: "Not giving back".

Step up, folks. Please.

Truth. We never really asked for anything except clicking on some links and we have even backed off of that. It's not like we are asking for just a straight donation. You are getting a chance to win some great sets. The Mystery Box will be kick ass. If you don't care about Little Timmy's school or teachers, then at least try to win the sets you greedy Quick Flipping Low Life's!!! Have a blessed day. LOL.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

You are getting a chance to win some great sets. The Mystery Box will be kick ass. If you don't care about Little Timmy's school or teachers, then at least try to win the sets you greedy Quick Flipping Low Life's!!! 

as being labeled part of QFLL I am hoping if I win the Mystery Box you will toss in a tube of lipstick for old times sake...

all jokes aside its for a good cause and meant to enter sooner just been busy

• Like 4

You have my support. Anybody who spends thousands of dollars a month on toys for kids can spare at least ten dollars for education for kids. 

If you've used even one 20% off TRU coupon that you got from this website and flashed to the cashier from your smartphone, then you can pay it back just a little for something that really does make a difference. Thanks guys and good luck.

• Like 1

You are getting a chance to win some great sets. The Mystery Box will be kick ass. If you don't care about Little Timmy's school or teachers, then at least try to win the sets you greedy Quick Flipping Low Life's!!! 

as being labeled part of QFLL I am hoping if I win the Mystery Box you will toss in a tube of lipstick for old times sake...

all jokes aside its for a good cause and meant to enter sooner just been busy

Listen, I would even let Hcx88kid back on the site if he bought a few tickets. If you want a raffle for toilet paper and lipstick, I can come up with something.

• Like 1

I don't have the illusion I will win anything, so I'll just consider my $60 (6 tickets for 6 different lots) as my donation for Ed's son's school, and at the same time as a way to show my support to this wonderful website that is a daily must-visit for me and a wonderful hang-out with likeminded Lego (investing) fans. :) 

But ... should the improbable happen and I would actually win one of the lots, I will donate the original RRP of that set as additional donation. :) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Haay said:

I don't have the illusion I will win anything, so I'll just consider my $60 (6 tickets for 6 different lots) as my donation for Ed's son's school, and at the same time as a way to show my support to this wonderful website that is a daily must-visit for me and a wonderful hang-out with likeminded Lego (investing) fans. :) 

But ... should the improbable happen and I would actually win one of the lots, I will donate the original RRP of that set as additional donation. :) 

I hoping all local people will win to save on shipping costs...LOL.  Only kidding.  I will ship anywhere.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I hoping all local people will win to save on shipping costs...LOL.  Only kidding.  I will ship anywhere.  

+1 to what Haay said: If I win I'll reimburse you for shipping and your (rrp) item cost.

Glad to see the fund has gone up $3k since I checked last.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

That would be wonderful.  I hope you win.  LOL

I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice.

Went back and bought a couple more tickets b/c you added Bundles 1&2 after I had already picked up the first set. ("set"= first round of tickets)

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, yang said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question: I just saw a red tag "giving back" under my name, does this have anything to do with this charity raffle?

Thanks

That's exactly what it has to do with. Thanks for helping out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yang said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question: I just saw a red tag "giving back" under my name, does this have anything to do with this charity raffle?

Thanks

Yes.  We wanted to thank people who did give.  If you gave and didn't receive one and want one, please contact Jeff or I.  Sometimes the emails don't match our records.  

P.S.: Mods and Admins cannot get the badge because of their icons.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Yes.  We wanted to thank people who did give.  If you gave and didn't receive one and want one, please contact Jeff or I.  Sometimes the emails don't match our records.  

P.S.: Mods and Admins cannot get the badge because of their icons.  

Thanks Ed! Good job!