2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP UK**

Jeff Mack

Different country, Spain vs. UK. Not looking at apples to apples.  I am not worried on this.  I have 50 of the Christmas sets that were for Black friday last year with no issues.  I do not see a reason to get different results here, especially with it only being a minifig.  UK may have run out already (while supplies last), Spain may not have.  Who knows.

Different country, Spain vs. UK. Not looking at apples to apples.  I am not worried on this.  I have 50 of the Christmas sets that were for Black friday last year with no issues.  I do not see a reason to get different results here, especially with it only being a minifig.  UK may have run out already (while supplies last), Spain may not have.  Who knows.

I think that for all non-UK EU orders, shipments are dispatched from Germany. All my LEGO Shop at Home orders have been shipped from there. And I have to say that this is the first time that I'm supposed to get 2 freebies of the same promo. In the small print stated one item per order/household for the poster and the minifig.

I think that for all non-UK EU orders, shipments are dispatched from Germany. All my LEGO Shop at Home orders have been shipped from there. And I have to say that this is the first time that I'm supposed to get 2 freebies of the same promo. In the small print stated one item per order/household for the poster and the minifig.

Mine always ship from The Netherlands.

So there you go, "dicey"

It is kind of dicey as Lego does not always enforce their policies regarding freebie limits. You can ask Tabby as he stated a while ago - IIRC during VW mini camper promo - that he got one with each order he placed but that this had not been the case with every promo. This is the first time that I am supposed to get 2 freebies, last year with Jor El's polybag I received only one and was told by the rep that it's only one per customer.

So, I'd say chances of everyone getting as many freebies as orders they place are dicey, full on, regardless of shipping location.

Do brickpicker affiliate links give us cash back?

No, but they pay for the site and help keep many of you informed. I don't know of another site that caters to LEGO investors and resellers. Try to start a thread about reselling on Brickset or Eurobricks and you will have your thread locked.

Throw us a bone once in awhile and click on our links when buying. It helps keep the site free and in existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 4

No, but they pay for the site and help keep many of you informed. I don't know of another site that caters to LEGO investors and resellers. Try to start a thread about reselling on Brickset or Eurobricks and you will have your thread locked.

Throw us a bone once in awhile and click on our links when buying. It helps keep the site free and in existence.

If I click your UK LEGO Shop at Home link and change the region to Spain all the affiliate parameters from the URL are lost thus not pitching to BP. Any chance to include LEGO Shop at Home Spain in there or too much of a pain with small rewards? Or even better, a sticky on a forum with all the affiliate links?

I do this constantly :)

Support Brickpicker!

If I click your UK S@H link and change the region to Spain all the affiliate parameters from the URL are lost thus not pitching to BP. Any chance to include S@H Spain in there or too much of a pain with small rewards? Or even better, a sticky on a forum with all the affiliate links?

That is fine, it will still count. Just click the link, the rest doesn't matter

I apologize for continuing this conversation (move it if you want), but I would just like to state that based on my spreadsheet, that I have saved and average of 31% and more than $6300 by reading the forums for deals and using their Amazon,Target, Walmart pages.  I am a small timer compared to many I am sure, but to me, the site is quite valuable.  I may not remember to find links to click all the time, but try to as much as possible.  If I owned this site, I would probably would make it a membership only site to help make sure you are recouping costs and allow for expansion.  Chances are you would lose all the people who just want everything for free, but you would probably maintain a core, solid group of Lego investors.  Just an option for the future if this plan doesn't work out the way you intended.  Thank you.

I'm sort of sorry I asked now ;) 

And at the risk of asking another question.... :P

Is it the clicking the LEGO Shop at Home Amazon etc... links that generate the revenue? Or the clicking the links AND making a purchase? 

I often start a LEGO Shop at Home or Amazon browsing session from here, but I do not always make a purchase.

I apologize for continuing this conversation (move it if you want), but I would just like to state that based on my spreadsheet, that I have saved and average of 31% and more than $6300 by reading the forums for deals and using their Amazon,Target, Walmart pages.  I am a small timer compared to many I am sure, but to me, the site is quite valuable.  I may not remember to find links to click all the time, but try to as much as possible.  If I owned this site, I would probably would make it a membership only site to help make sure you are recouping costs and allow for expansion.  Chances are you would lose all the people who just want everything for free, but you would probably maintain a core, solid group of Lego investors.  Just an option for the future if this plan doesn't work out the way you intended.  Thank you.

Your thoughts are good ones and I would be lying if I said that Ed and I haven't talked about ideas like this in the past.  Only time will tell.

I'm sort of sorry I asked now ;)

And at the risk of asking another question.... :P

Is it the clicking the S@H Amazon etc... links that generate the revenue? Or the clicking the links AND making a purchase? 

I often start a S@H or Amazon browsing session from here, but I do not always make a purchase.

The purchases generate the revenue. Clicking is just the mechanism that tracks it enables it for our site.  Returns obviously remove any commission.  So we see that all the time as well.  Some yahoo goes crazy and buys something, then gets cold feet and returns it all.