2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP UK**

Jeff Mack

Well here is some info for those of you in the UK region.  I am not sure whether getting a week to make the purchases will make a difference, but I would like to win that prize :)

Star Wars fans around the world are getting their lightsabers ready to celebrate Star Wars

• Like 1

Didn't you meet your quota on the SSD :P

If we see good discounts I think I will add 5 more of each.  I am only at 5 R2's and planned on getting 9 more on this sale for the minifig and to chew up VIP points.  The good news is that it looks like target shipped my SSD in their original boxes.  2 per shipment.  I have to say I think metal shelves are better if one will invest in exclusives.  The weight is bowing my shelves.  I may be throwing some shleving on craigslist soon.

Now he's just like the rest of us, a sucker for a sale.

I always think back to my 10179 screw up.  It motivates me to think 5 years from now and say I did what needed to be done for the return.  I know the reality in the "other" markets to get 30-50% per year growth.  Pretty much does not happen without massive risk.

Well if the US is this or better and ssd comes back into stock i will buy more ssd, more death star and mfi.ish my r2d2 inventory. I would say they are attempting to clear out what they have. Game on.

I agree.  It's EOL time.  LOL.  I'm surprised by the discounts of these bigger sets, but it's one of two things...either they learned from past experience and decided to discount the sets that people want or that they are clearing out old inventory and cleaning house.

If you want these sets, I would not wait.  These are great deals with the freebies.

I agree. It's EOL time. LOL. I'm surprised by the discounts of these bigger sets, but it's one of two things...either they learned from past experience and decided to discount the sets that people want or that they are clearing out old inventory and cleaning house.

If you want these sets, I would not wait. These are great deals with the freebies.

As good as it will be for exclusives . Still hoping for a last minute surprise in the US

Would it mean that Target and Walmart have to price-match, and TRU, if it has any in physical stores (I know TRU cares less about matching their online prices). And it certainly would be real nice if Amazon could price match R2D2 (unlikely they get SSDs back) - the no-tax would make it much better deal

Walmart is not price matching anything that isn't on a piece of paper from a store that is right beside it...at least in my experience.

You guys do know this is for the UK and not confirmation the discounts will be the same in the U.S. right?  Obviously there's a good chance it will happen here also, but exclusives have been discounted in the UK/Europe in the last year and not in the U.S.  The B-Wing was the last time we got a nice exclusive discount in the U.S. IIRC.

You guys do know this is for the UK and not confirmation the discounts will be the same in the U.S. right?  Obviously there's a good chance it will happen here also, but exclusives have been discounted in the UK/Europe in the last year and not in the U.S.  The B-Wing was the last time we got a nice exclusive discount in the U.S. IIRC.

Yes, presumably, the discounts in US would be even better (probably 20%?). And I am still thinking that Red Five could get b-wing treatment, assuming it is a slow seller.

That is true.  I was surprised by the discounts on the exclusives, so I will retire from the speculation game.  

Sweet, thanks for the info Jeff. Will definitely be topping up my SSD and R2-D2 quota.

The Death Star is still cheaper in Smyths if I'm not mistaken, though the addition of the Revan figure might tip it the other way.

Let's hope the SSD comes back into stock by Sunday.