2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP UK**

Jeff Mack

Great. As if SSDs aren't taking up enough room in my garage. Maybe I can stack the boxes from floor to ceiling against one wall and paint them the same color as the interior. Wife might not notice that our garage's square footage shrank overnight. Ooh

• Like 2

OK I was going to buy Apple stock with the upcoming 7-1 split but now I am conflicted, if the USA sale is this good perhaps should load up on SSD's, Death Star's and the whole group instead.  Thinking Lego's might appreciate better. Oh no what to do!

Just take a look at the UCS sets that appreciated during 2007-2013.   Run a IRR calculation.  Then measure the equities market, pick any one you think is good.  Now take into account volatility and counter party risk(risk adjusted).  You will have the answer to your question.  The right LEGO choices create a whole bunhc of Alpha!  UCS are the right choices.

Debating whether to return and repurchase SSD which I got with double VIP point. Or do u think they woukd price match. The 15% discoubt seems better than the double VIP point.

See latest speculations here - http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9195-may-the-4th-2014-with-darth-revan-promo/page-11

SSD might not be on US promo list...

Debating whether to return and repurchase SSD which I got with double VIP point. Or do u think they woukd price match. The 15% discoubt seems better than the double VIP point.

Same situation, and I contacted Lego CS with exactly this question. They said they don't price match, but that I could return and rebuy it at the lower price. I tried to convince them that a price match would only benefit them because it would save them on two-way shipping costs, but I guess that doesn't matter much to them. They did say that I could return it in person at a B&M Lego store, though. That would save everyone the shipping headache.

Guest davewager78

I'm wondering what to spend my TRU vouchers on, I got some as gift cards but they must have changed as the last lot were just printed till receipts and the terms say only one per transaction. These were lego specific vouchers. Going to start a list of things I could use I think.

I'm going to build a doghouse at the weekend in anticipation!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I'm puzzled what to do. Most of my vouchers are online ones. I have the

I always think back to my 10179 screw up.  It motivates me to think 5 years from now and say I did what needed to be done for the return.  I know the reality in the "other" markets to get 30-50% per year growth.  Pretty much does not happen without massive risk.

And it won't happen here.  People didn't have garages full of 10179.  Lego is making more copies of sets and charging more per weight and this will dilute the gains after retirement.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

If any fellow Brits have the balls and space, you can set your alarm for 23:59 on 27APR and order 99x SSDs at midnight?  Since it'll never see 10179esque gains, I'm sticking with the 2 I got from Amazon France for

Guest TabbyBoy

We can only hope that the US deals are remotely better, but we shall see...

So much to buy, so little time! :P

You mean so little space and so little money?

Amen to that and yet there are still people that think SSD's and DS's will make them money like 10179

Ah, my Padawan there is much power in the sales of the dark side. :)   [Actually I am the newbie and you are not]

Even if there are Lego investor warehouses full of SSD's and DS's, if you are patient, with Episode VII coming out, and if they are truly gone and not replaced, I foresee a very nice return (not like 10179) but very nice indeed.  The future is clouded however - if there is all new UCS SSD's and DS's released right before Episode VII then the investment decision is complete toast and every man for themselves.

And it won't happen here.  People didn't have garages full of 10179.  Lego is making more copies of sets and charging more per weight and this will dilute the gains after retirement.

Curious where the new unopened copies come from.  I guess folks forgot to build theirs and found them and decided to sell.  There are always people who "were doing it". The american consumer is a powerful force to be reckoned with.  I absolutely agree that we will not see 10179 numbers, that was not the point.  Even excluding that set the average ROI on UCS sets is very strong >35%.  I actually believe that there are quite a few less people buying this stuff than we all think.  Especially the $400.00 sets.  Even on this website.  I expect if we could see the numbers not too many people have more than 15 each of the Large exclusives, much less the $400.00 star wars sets.  In the end it really does not matter, to each his own.  I am glad when people will not be buying them.  When it comes down to it, most people either do not have the capital, or will not put it here.

There were some people with garages full.  I know a few smart people.  More copies?  It's hard to estimate that without actual LEGO data.  Maybe a slight increase in production numbers set to set IMO.  What has increased is the amount of unique sets each year.  If you go back about 10 years, there is another 50-60% more sets today than in the early to mid 00s.  A set like the SSD can easily hit the $1000 mark IMO.  Many members blow off the biggest sets from what I see.  It's not easy to buy 4, 6, 8 or more $400 SSDs.