Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Brickset posted a link saying that the set was available. I was just reading it now and thought "oh goody, it`s early!" then I realized oh wait, they`re in the UK haha.  

/smashes face into desk.

It's a link that Huw will have set to appear on the site automatically at 00:00 here. Set currently not available to purchase on Lego's website anywhere worldwide, so off to bed. Will check if they've updated it in the morning.

Curiously groundbreaking news. Called a local LEGO store, rep said that due to complications the Exo-suit will not be released tomorrow, Aug 1st. (Research Institute will though) I know they have received the shipments, but the reason it's not going up is because...an app?!?!

There's some sort of app that's connected to the Exo-suit, and because they are having issues getting that to go online they are unable to sell it on release date. For those who got the Exo-suit early in the UK, was there anything indicative of this in the instruction manual or any other sheets in there? Special codes or something? Perhaps this was also why LEGO Shop at Home was down yesterday.

Curiously groundbreaking news. Called a local LEGO store, rep said that due to complications the Exo-suit will not be released tomorrow, Aug 1st. (Research Institute will though) I know they have received the shipments, but the reason it's not going up is because...an app?!?!

There's some sort of app that's connected to the Exo-suit, and because they are having issues getting that to go online they are unable to sell it on release date. For those who got the Exo-suit early in the UK, was there anything indicative of this in the instruction manual or any other sheets in there? Special codes or something? Perhaps this was also why LEGO Shop at Home was down yesterday.

Not sure why an "app" would cause a delay in a release.  It is a lego set.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

was there yesterday and was told both the exo suit and research set are a "hard" release of aug 1st, will be back tomorrow work permitting

Got the same response from the Manager at my Lego store this weekend when I asked if I could quietly purchase a couple.

Unlike the new Star Wars sets (i.e. Mos Eisley Cantina) that they already had for sale, the Exo-Suit couldn't be sold until Aug 1.

I interpret this as another sign of a limited availability and thus good long-term news as an investor.

"Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties and are currently unable to enable payment using VIP Points. If you would like to place your order using VIP Points, please call our friendly consumer service experts on the number shown at the bottom of this page."

Well...I hope that gets fixed by 12..