Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I haven't seen them in the catalog, but there isn't any mention of them being limited on LEGO Shop at Home, yet.

Brickset.com has both sets, Exo Suit and the Research Institute, at a limited retail. I think that both the sets will follow the path of the rover. Available for a number of hours on the release day, and OOS until retirement.

I know this isn't really the forum to post this but I don't have access to the trade forum....

I was wondering if anyone going to the Bluewater lego store unveiling of the Exo-Suit in the UK could get a signed Peter Reid Exo-Suit set and trade it to me?

PM me or my E-Mail is [email protected]

Thanks.

Sorry mods if this isn't kosher...I just really want one!

But what is the investment potential?

See: Curiosity Rover. (Or so we speculate and hope)

Pretty similar situations, save for a few loose variables, just swap the set's basis (real world mission basis vs. new LEGO IP). Time will tell.

BTW, for those who were around to see it, did the Rover sell out in B&M LEGO stores as fast as it did online? (or in similar terms, how much stock was held by stores?)

I totally missed this thread and the set. I just have been reading this and I want as many as I possibly can. What a marvelous set! If it is indeed limited it will be sold out fast. Investment potential unlimited.

Anyone any idea if there will be a maximum you can order per household? And if there is a maximum, what is it?

Guest TabbyBoy

You are trying to mislead us Tabby? I figure we will be lucky to find one left after you hit the "purchase" button.

Not at all.  I mean investment potential is better if it's limited.  The 21104 was a prime example.

If it is limited I am buying as many as I can for investment. On a personal level, I am warming up to this set. I didn't like it initially but the more I have seen of it the more I like it. Don't know if I would open one though for personal collection. Depends on how many I can get.

I have my Three Houselholds ready to go just in case it is limit one per Houselhold and not available in B&M stores like the Rover was in the USA. You do have to pay shipping this way unless you throw in a trevi fountain or another set perhaps research institute and get the free mini Polybag.

Guest TabbyBoy

Rover was one per person from the start IIRC.  If these are limited they may be the same.  Keep an eye out for TRU to get them online if you want more than that, or risk the ban-hammer.

It was a limited of 5 Rovers in the UK and I ordered 20 times but only 3 in stock for the last order so, I ended up with "only" 98.  I've seen no evidence of a ban hamer in the UK and I've just ordered my 5th Mini Cooper with Mini promo.

It was a limited of 5 Rovers in the UK and I ordered 20 times but only 3 in stock for the last order so, I ended up with "only" 98.  I've seen no evidence of a ban hamer in the UK and I've just ordered my 5th Mini Cooper with Mini promo.

How do you manage that? Every time a try to order a second item with a free polybag lego send the item but cancel the polybag.