7939 - Cargo Train

ahming2121

Seems that you can't give an opinion whitout offensing people. I don't want to argue any more, have a nice day.

I may have written my posts in the wrong way - I was just trying to see, given your opinion on 7939, what were you opinions on the other retired trains. And I do think that 3677 is different from 7939 in terms of valuation

I may have written my posts in the wrong way - I was just trying to see, given your opinion on 7939, what were you opinions on the other retired trains. And I do think that 3677 is different from 7939 in terms of valuation

Yes, and given my limited knowledge on trains in general it is always good to hear opinions from others

Yeah...  Seems that you can't ask a question about an opinion whitout offensing people. I don't want to argue any more, have a nice day

Lol

Amazon increased the price back to MSRP, as well as Amazon UK. Target, Walmart, TRU, none of them have it anymore. After Amazon runs out, the only place to get it will be SAH, which could sell out quickly if they put it on any kind of discount. This thing is officially done, which may be the biggest advantage over other exclusives such as GE. We don't know exactly how long those will linger.  

• Like 1

Amazon increased the price back to MSRP, as well as Amazon UK. Target, Walmart, TRU, none of them have it anymore. After Amazon runs out, the only place to get it will be SAH, which could sell out quickly if they put it on any kind of discount. This thing is officially done, which may be the biggest advantage over other exclusives such as GE. We don't know exactly how long those will linger.

Except that rerelease of cargo train is looming, matter of weeks now until oficial release. Collectors who missed it are our only hope...

Well , Thank you all for your opinion. When I posted this thread I had already ordered two from amazon for a total of $290 USD.  But after reading about the new cargo train that is about to come out really soon I decided to stay true to my investing rules (no city theme investments) and cancelled both.... Instead I ordered two VW campers and one SC..... I hope I made the right decision.......

Well , Thank you all for your opinion. When I posted this thread I had already ordered two from amazon for a total of $290 USD. But after reading about the new cargo train that is about to come out really soon I decided to stay true to my investing rules (no city theme investments) and cancelled both.... Instead I ordered two VW campers and one SC..... I hope I made the right decision.......

We will see what happens when amazon runs out of its remaining 13...

With a good discount, city themes are good for a short-term flip.

Diversified inventory is important to get a strong cash flow and reduce the risk.

Given the limited resources (capital, storage space, ...),  the challenge is to find a balanced inventory.

Not stocking too much unless you have a strong confidence.

Timely adjust the inventory based on their performance and growth potential.

Guest ph4tb0i

Well, the set is currently worth about 230 - 250 in its "parted out" state.. so we'll need to see if you gain more than that with the VW camper. :)

Well, the set is currently worth about 230 - 250 in its "parted out" state.. so we'll need to see if you gain more than that with the VW camper. :)

Probably, but here is my reasoning, I can not Flip or part out, my main "Market" is in Mexico, here people do not buy parts of sets as in the US and i can not flip

because I can not ship too often as I have to drive 3 hours and cross the border to send what I sell, but all the exclusive sets are not sold here at all, so people pays top dollar for excusive sets not available in Mexico.....  to give you an example, I am selling Cussoo 21103 BTTF Delorean at $100 bucks a piece and I got them at $30 tax included, so I guess the VW camper will fetch a decent profit even when it is not EOL........

Can you share some basic strategy?  I have most of a Cargo and a Red Cargo, should I sell all the tracks at once, all the power functions, etc??