7939 - Cargo Train

ahming2121

I agree that these ones will probably be on their way out pretty soon, and I would say they will be gone by the holidays. As TheDarkness said, the Red Cargo Train is EOL, and since TLG doesn't EOL trains at the same time usually (I think?) then you should be ok until at least the summer.

BTW, 7939 is OOS at S@H until March 19th.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cargo-Train-7939

May 19th :p

If I purchased the 7939 Yellow Cargo from France, it would cost me... Articles : EUR 107,02 Livraison : EUR 28,00 Montant total : EUR 135,02 Total du paiement : USD 183.35 Italy has a cheaper price but won't deliver. Spain is slightly higher but won't deliver. UK would be even more expensively if in-stock. Personally, I avoid ordering from Europe unless it is something not available here (e.g. hardcover print of Rinzler's Indiana Jones movie book) or retired Lego sets near MSRP

• 1 month later...
Guest ph4tb0i

also paying attention to 7939 on amazon.de. Oh well, at least I now know what a gutterzug is.. :D

kerrmando, If you're going through the PF system the 9V track should work no? I thought they are the same size and interconnectable. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ph4tb0i

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Cargo-Train-/271230429106?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3f2697e7b2#ht_140wt_1255

One more left on ebay for 145 shipped.  Snagged one for myself for now...and watching amazon UK for deals to get more.  I really like this set, think it's going to be pretty popular.

keep your eyes peeled for amazon.de as well. I just snagged 10 last week at ~140USD shipped.

It seems as though Lego always has a train in circulation.  Kind of like how fire and police sets are always in circulation.  I'm probably going to wait until the next train is released since mine won't see action for a few years yet.  I still have a duplo train waiting to be opened.

Guest ph4tb0i

Just got the first 2 of my 10 "Gutterzugs" (Cargo Train but I just love that word too much. lol) from Amazon Germany and it looks like the box size is completely different than what we have here in North America. Seems like they pack it in the same box dimensions as the box we get for the rock crawler and the unimog. 

"Might" give some higher value here in North America to sell to some serious collectors....

post-3790-0-92386600-1373044982_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-26445400-1373044997_thumb.jp

I group this in with the "box misprints" category that, along with box misprints, honestly doesn't affect price that much.

Even hardcore collectors aren't really looking for misprints or box size changes.  Unlike coins or cards, where misprints and rare variants can cause vast price fluctuations, the LEGO boxes aren't altering the real collectable here, which are the bricks themselves. So long as the contents in those baggies is the same, the overwhelming majority of people aren't going to give two thoughts about the box.

This is why sealed boxes really don't get away from unsealed boxes price-wise, providing both have factory sealed, intact bags. The exception to this being very rare or big-ticket items such as the UCS Falcon, where even box quality plays a huge role.

I doubt it will change the value very much. In the US, we tend to have bigger boxes, because the US hasn't initiated as may rules, encouraging companies to "be green", but in Central Europe, there are huge reforms about this, so that could be why. Box size doesn't really matter to me because it only commands 10% or less of the price of the set in many cases, and when people want to know if you have the box, they just want the box... it doesn't matter if it is 2x3x6 or 10x50x900000000. As long as it is in good condition, generally, the buyer is fine with it.

Guest ph4tb0i

I doubt it will change the value very much. In the US, we tend to have bigger boxes, because the US hasn't initiated as may rules, encouraging companies to "be green", but in Central Europe, there are huge reforms about this, so that could be why. Box size doesn't really matter to me because it only commands 10% or less of the price of the set in many cases, and when people want to know if you have the box, they just want the box... it doesn't matter if it is 2x3x6 or 10x50x900000000. As long as it is in good condition, generally, the buyer is fine with it.

Yeah, I would've thought the box to be smaller from the EU too due to their ROHS and Environmental policies, but this box is twice the size I see in the Canada/USA Lego stores!

The cargo train art work looks awesome on such a big box! I might just open one up and part it out on ebay just to keep a mint box. LOL.

Yeah, I would've thought the box to be smaller from the EU too due to their ROHS and Environmental policies, but this box is twice the size I see in the Canada/USA Lego stores!

The cargo train art work looks awesome on such a big box! I might just open one up and part it out on ebay just to keep a mint box. LOL.

In the pictures, are both pictures of the front of the box?

Threadcromancing/Threaddigging/Whatever you call it this thread.

Interesting. Still in-stock on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home. Anyone have any ideas on when it could be EOL? I've been meaning to pick this up.

EDIT: NVM wrong train set. I was thinking of the Red Cargo Train. Either way. Any thoughts on it, besides it doing well since it's a train (duh!:suicide:

Guest ph4tb0i

Threadcromancing/Threaddigging/Whatever you call it this thread.

Interesting. Still in-stock on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home. Anyone have any ideas on when it could be EOL? I've been meaning to pick this up.

EDIT: NVM wrong train set. I was thinking of the Red train.

I ordered 10 from Amazon.DE when they had it for $140 shipped USD. They may have it on sale again but this is a set I'm definitely hoarding as many of as I can as it's easy to part out train sets and sell them to cover costs if things go south.