7939 - Cargo Train

ahming2121

Finally found a decent deal on the Cargo Train from Amazon!

Seems like they are blowing them out?

So hard to find them in any stores around here other than the Lego store...

ya, same here, quickly bought 2x 7939 from amazon at USD119.xx. not a bad deal...

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about this one. It's ok for construction but for the price and investment it lacks some... charisma.

I would take some if the price is really good (like -40% RRP), but not too much.

60052 looks better IMHO (I would invest on this one when EOL)

• Like 1

I have one left. I sold one a while ago to make room for other sets. It didn't go very high though (slightly under MSRP) but I still made a little money. I'm gonna wait a couple of years before I sell the other one. Unless I open it. It's very tempting to build a huge cargo train terminal :-)

Guest ph4tb0i

Amazon UK has a crap ton of these at the moment for 100 pounds. I'm stocking up a dozen or maybe more. The engine and octan car will easily pay for the set once it retires.

Amazon UK has a crap ton of these at the moment for 100 pounds. I'm stocking up a dozen or maybe more. The engine and octan car will easily pay for the set once it retires.

That's what I was thinking, the Octan tanker and the LEGO container will help support this set.  The train is pretty sweet too.  There's several features to this set.

Just bought two yesterday for 134 us.  Not my best price but it ups my inventory to 7.

I was lucky enough to get the others at $125 or less.  Amazon UK made a mistake and one of my orders was over 30 days old without delivery.

I asked about it, and eventually they sent another shipment out.  Soon after both shipments arrived for the price of one.  Thanks DHL.

So my cost per set is unusually low.