FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014

Bold-Arrow

Brutal loss and red card for Uruguay.  

Number of goals after the first six games at the tournament:

World Cup 2014: 22

World Cup 2010: 8

Wow...missed the game, will watch the replay. I guess with Suarez on the bench...but Cavani, with all the hype and big money talk, surely has got to do better. Good on Costa Rica for taking it to them though.

This WC is more unpredictable than 2002...can't predict two games in a row. Funny how the heat is affecting plenty of teams in the second half.

Yep, makes it so much more exciting to watch every match. Netherlands Spain, Costa Rica Uruguay...who would've thought.

Now hopefully Yaya won't drop off to track back and

And straightaway he has made some impact, with the Japanese defence now having to worry about Gervinho, Kalou, Bony, Toure and the monster Drogba...and as I type this, Gervinho scores another!

THough it is a risky move, as Ivory Cost will now lack some defence, hopefully Yaya and boys will not drop off and track back if they have to

That was awesome, drogba fired that whole stadium up!

And earlier super mario showed up for the start of his cup career. But his header doesnt compare to rvp's.

it will take something special to top that one . His first touch on his second goal should be taught to kids .

That was awesome, drogba fired that whole stadium up!

And earlier super mario showed up for the start of his cup career. But his header doesnt compare to rvp's.

That RVP header will be hard to beat, I don't believe I've seen any goal scored like that, back arched in full flight.

Was a good header by Mario, well onside and good positioning, despite the heat of playing as a lone striker up front. Happy for him, I believe he continues to mature as a player since his crazy days at Man City, credit to Prandelli for managing him well.

I reckon USA could go far, they have always shown potential to play well cohesively as a team in previous WCs. Though most players do not have star status like some of their European or South American counterparts, I think they have good dependable players like Dempsey, Altidore, Bradley and Howard. A pity that Donovan is not on the squad, I think he's still got some left in the tank, and can still be a danger man like a Klose or Drogba.

Decent lineup today.

Classic England yesterday.

You know, they looked good in attack, but were really having trouble completing crosses, etc. Their one goal never should have happened - both Italian defenders decided to put their thumbs in their butts and not watch the late runner connecting with the cross - like rule number 1 as a defender.

As for Italy, I thought they looked really good except they screw around at Englands 25ish yard area the whole game. Never took shots. Luckily for them, England just sat back and let them pass around the whole game.

As for the other two games, we got a picture of how explosive Ivory Coast can be. thats a team that could easily put 5 in the goal in a 10 minute span. I really thing they have a good shot at making a big upset.