FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014

Bold-Arrow

Their one goal never should have happened - both Italian defenders decided to put their thumbs in their butts and not watch the late runner connecting with the cross - like rule number 1 as a defender.

England's goal was excellent. Rooney's cross was inch perfect and the finish clinical. Very difficult to defend against.

And regarding the ugly ongoing game, I never saw Honduras as a hard tackling team, I was wrong, really wrong.

Now down to 10 man, France will have more space to move.

And... I would've sent off both Pogba and Palacios.

Finally a good use of goal line technology. I don't want them to show me that a penalty went in when the goalie went the other way.

And I can see more red coming

Finally a good use of goal line technology. I don't want them to show me that a penalty went in when the goalie went the other way.

And I can see more red comin

Agree, bench him and only bring him on as a sub to rile things up if the young forwards are not having a good day. Just looking at this one match, Sterling and Sturridge are playing with confidence. Gary Cahil and the back line though needs to step up - this time round they've got no Terry or Cole to lean on.

Don't see what all the fuss is about on that 'disputed' goal in the Honduras France match - the keeper stuffed up on the rebound, ball still in play, crossed the line - goal. In principle, no difference to the ball rebounding off the post and then into the net

should be a cakewalk ...3-0 France

France looked sharp, and never seemed to drop off. This French side can go far, they will be playing hard to redeem themselves since their last disastrous capitulation under Domenech. And an example has been set by Deschamps to deter any dissidence by leaving Nasri out.

Don't see what all the fuss is about on that 'disputed' goal in the Honduras France match - the keeper stuffed up on the rebound, ball still in play, crossed the line - goal. In principle, no difference to the ball rebounding off the post and then into the net

They are disputing that the ball never crossed .

Coach was arguing about the first doubt moment, when the ball hit the post.

Now an argument will be started regarding if the replay will be used to rule out non-goals or to rule in non-signaled goals.

France looked sharp, and never seemed to drop off. This French side can go far, they will be playing hard to redeem themselves since their last disastrous capitulation under Domenech. And an example has been set by Deschamps to deter any dissidence by leaving Nasri out.

Problem with this France game is that it was a toss up prior to Honduras having a man sent off. They were very physical and France was unable to break them open.

I have faith in France, it's one of my dark horses, but I know that this game was not a true marker of their performance.

Coach was arguing about the first doubt moment, when the ball hit the post.

Now an argument will be started regarding if the replay will be used to rule out non-goals or to rule in non-signaled goals.

I reckon it should do both to be fair, and if the technology is spot-on.

England's goal was excellent. Rooney's cross was inch perfect and the finish clinical. Very difficult to defend against.

Englands goal was definitely executed perfectly - don't get me wrong. Italy's 3rd defender just jogged back and didn't cover far post while the middle defender wasnt aware of the oncoming attacker. Should have been better defended. 

Of course England probably should have scored a couple more times. Rooney never should have missed the goal on that late shot. Gotta make the keeper save that.