FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014

Bold-Arrow

The PL as a whole has better star-caliber players. But, the 2 best players in the world, Messi and Cristiano IMHO, do not play there. There's not much beyond Madrid, Atleti and Barcelona in Spain.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I agree, In the PL any team can post a win at any match.  This is why i like to follow the PL.

La Liga is very top heavy.  I just watch the El Classico.

CR7 is an excellent footballer.  He has the complete package.  He might be heading back to the PL next season.  

I have created a spreadsheet for the tournament.  Full draw with all games that you can fill out scores etc either as they happen or enter your own predictions to see how the teams flow through to the knockout stages.  There is also a second sheet that has basic printout sheets that can be useful if you want to create an office sweep or something.  Enjoy.

P.S Kickoff times are in NZ time, which is +15 hours on the local Brazil kickoff time.  NZT is also +19 hours on Pacific US time if you want to do a quick conversion of that column.
  • Like 1

The PL as a whole has better star-caliber players. But, the 2 best players in the world, Messi and Cristiano IMHO, do not play there. There's not much beyond Madrid, Atleti and Barcelona in Spain.

I always laugh on that statement.....

I mean seriously, just remember how Atletic Bilbao ''raped'' Manchester United in Europa league was it 2 years ago?

And that was with SAF leading them, not Moyes or some random coach....

Lets see, Sevilla won the Europa league, Valencia was in the semis, where was Tottenham, Liverpool, and others?

United this year barely managed a draw and a 1 goal win against worst Spanish team of the Champions League Real Sociedad.....

Best English team in Champions League was Mourinhos Bus station, and it ended as it had to end for the sake of football.....

English quality is dropping like italian, with a little delay :) If it continues in the pace of last 3 years, in 2017/18 there will be no English team near the semis of UCL....

Thats a fact....

Remember the year 2006? When England had 3 teams in the semis? 

Now those were the years when you could say English teams or league was the best.

English league is the most equal, but far from the best.....

Not to even mention this years Madrid finals in Champions League..... 

Many people are saying Klinsmann selected a defensive shell team that can just try to hold on and get out of our nightmare group.

Germany and Portugal will lost likely kill in an open game, so I think he knows what he is doing.

Playing Ghana in the first game could really play to their advantage .

The best case scenario is USA beat Ghana, Germany beat Portugal first round . USA tie with Portugal ( at least) and German beats Ghana in the second round.

Last round USA v Germany ; a tie would work for both teams..

And back to reality :)

I have created a spreadsheet for the tournament.  Full draw with all games that you can fill out scores etc either as they happen or enter your own predictions to see how the teams flow through to the knockout stages.  There is also a second sheet that has basic printout sheets that can be useful if you want to create an office sweep or something.  Enjoy.

P.S Kickoff times are in NZ time, which is +15 hours on the local Brazil kickoff time.  NZT is also +19 hours on Pacific US time if you want to do a quick conversion of that column.

This is awesome, Grolim.  I'm going to set up a contest.

it is def a huge risk.... LD was playing pretty well especially at the golden cup, his form dipped a bit towards the end of the season, but I don't see how folks like green got the nod ahead of him (im all for youth development but this dude will play 5 min if he is lucky)

• 2 weeks later...

Add Reus to the absent list

I watched the game last night, heart breaking for the lad and a blow for Germany. Podolski has impressed last couple of game and they have some high quality players to fill in his position , still one wonders how they will do without him .

Losing Reus is big, but Germany has plenty to replace him.

Muller, Kroos, Gotze, Ozil, Schurrle, Poldi, Klose... Lots of fire upfront.

Honestly, I would've been more worried if Klose had been the one hurt.

One record down, another to go.. i like him his professional attitude. Not the most talented but you gotta admire the guy

Klose is a monster, I remember when he had fun against Saudi Arabia in 2002 at the Sapporo Dome IIRC.

Also, he doesn't have a lot of competition on the Mannschaft, that's good for him and bad for the team, it's the only weak link I can think of on Germany.