FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014

Bold-Arrow

I figured with 65 days to go, now is a good time to start a thread for the real Football fans on BP (j/k). :fans:

Anything related to WC preparations, squads, players, coaches,, and ultimately games can be discussed here . Things will probably heat up as we closer to June but why not start a bit early .

Please make sure any discussion is civil, respectful, and no trolling.

So, who do think will win? which team are you cheering? who will be the dark horse? will the USA make it out of the first round? 

post-28706-0-48494800-1396888103_thumb.j

• Like 1

USA is in a difficult group, may not make it out of the group stage.
Even though Brazil may not be playing well, I'll give them a tiny tiny edge because its In Brazil. (the 12th man factor)

Followed by Germany and Argentina, really favorable grouping for them ( group E-****)

Spain & Netherlands are great teams, but age would be an issue. 
Dark horse......Columbia!
Dark horse #2 ......Italy.........U just gotta pick Italy, they can come out of nowhere.

USA is in a difficult group, may not make it out of the group stage.

Even though Brazil may not be playing well, I'll give them a tiny tiny edge because its In Brazil. (the 12th man factor)

Followed by Germany and Argentina, really favorable grouping for them ( group E-H)

Spain & Netherlands are great teams, but age would be an issue.

Dark horse......Columbia!

Dark horse #2 ......Italy.........U just gotta pick Italy, they can come out of nowhere.

I would give Brazil the edge just because they are playing on their own turf and weather will be an issue ( looked how the European did last year). Close second would be Argentina IMO .

I've been cheering for the German national team since 88 ( I'm 34yrs) , and as talented as this team is, I think L

Great thread, thanks.  Rooting for USA...we need revenge against Ghana, not a third loss in a row!  Hopefully Klinsmann can share some of his experience with our players.

I've actively watched the last three World Cups.  Last time, I started to root for the Uruguay team with Forlan and Suarez...very entertaining.

Will Messi finally do something in the World Cup?

Great thread, thanks. Rooting for USA...we need revenge against Ghana, not a third loss in a row! Hopefully Klinsmann can share some of his experience with our players.

I've actively watched the last three World Cups. Last time, I started to root for the Uruguay team with Forlan and Suarez...very entertaining.

Will Messi finally do something in the World Cup?

I'm glad Suarez is focused this year is just playing the guy is talented and produces at the highest level.

Messi looks like his is burnt out this year and injuries are starting to affect him a bit. I think he needs a bit of a rest which is highly unlikely as the league is such a tight race...now if only atletico can cross the finish line first, that Diego is a beast

So excited for the World Cup! Played from the age of 4 up thru college (d3).

I asked my boss if I could not work when the games are on so I can watch them all. I said yes.

Watch out for Belgium, they are my dark horse pick, maybe not to win it all, but should be surprisingly good.

Messi looks like his is burnt out this year and injuries are starting to affect him a bit. I think he needs a bit of a rest

And yet he has scored 25 goals in 25 La Liga appearances this season, 8 goals in 6 Champions League games and 5 in 5 for the Copa Del Rey.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

And yet he has scored 25 goals in 25 La Liga appearances this season, 8 goals in 6 Champions League games and 5 in 5 for the Copa Del Rey.

I'm just saying compared to the last couple of years he looks a bit tired and going into the WC things won't get any easier. People talk will talk about Messi the same way they talked out pele on day, all he needs is the WC

If anyone gets the schedule with time and channels, please post.

add the fact that they don't have a world class striker and you got your self a problem.

Your right about the forwards. Are they going to call up Klose?  
So it would be Kruse and Gomez?

Messi really needs to get it together and show the world he is who he is.  
Otherwise, I'll just see him as a legend in La Liga.

If anyone gets the schedule with time and channels, please post.

Your right about the forwards. Are they going to call up Klose?

So it would be Kruse and Gomez?

I'm sure klose is in , if anything to break the WC scoring record.

Last time I checked Gomez was injured, not sure how he is producing in Italy, but if he was that good, Bayern wouldn't have sold him. Also his euro 2012 showing was less than impressive.

Comical post! 303 goals in 251 appearances at the highest level. 3 Ballon D'Or's and 3 Champions League trophies says he doesn't need to convince the world of anything.

Comical post! 303 goals in 251 appearances at the highest level. 3 Ballon D'Or's and 3 Champions League trophies says he doesn't need to convince the world of anything.

He is a living legend by all means and he has earned it . What I'm trying to say that it would be a shame for a player like him not to win the WC at some point especially with the way the Argentinian national team is stacked at the moment. Heck he said it himself.

In all cases just 2 months to go and now this thread got me all fired up. Good thing we still have the CL going. Some good match ups .

The same goes for Ronaldo.  

The difference is Messi has a better supporting cast.  

Neither Messi or Ronaldo showed up for the last Cup.....Especially Messi.

I also love Messi, NO arguments there, but unless he gets a WC trophy during his tenure, He will be the greatest player without a WC.

He is a living legend by all means and he has earned it . What I'm trying to say that it would be a shame for a player like him not to win the WC at some point especially with the way the Argentinian national team is stacked at the moment. Heck he said it himself.

In all cases just 2 months to go and now this thread got me all fired up. Good thing we still have the CL going. Some good match ups .

At 26, he should still see 3 more World Cups.

I'm not a huge football fan but always get into the World Cups, so looking forward to this one.  Even though NZ didn't make it this time after being unbeaten at the last one! 

Agree it's difficult to pick a winner this time.  Last time I picked Spain early and made a decent chunk of coin betting on them.  I have no idea this time around as plenty of teams could pull it off.

I'm not a huge football fan but always get into the World Cups, so looking forward to this one. Even though NZ didn't make it this time after being unbeaten at the last one!

Agree it's difficult to pick a winner this time. Last time I picked Spain early and made a decent chunk of coin betting on them. I have no idea this time around as plenty of teams could pull it off.

Thank The Lord NZ aren't in this one, I don't think I could bare another 270 minutes of that dross again!!

• 4 weeks later...

As a dutchman I support the dutch offcourse. I do not have high hopes. I will be already satisfied if they take revenge against Spain for the lost final 4 years ago. Although we have I believe the best coach of them all. I think we will not go far. On the other hand. Maybe I will get surprised again like 4 years ago.