75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

• Hoth Base is supposed to come out this year. Demand for the AT-ATs is going to go up-up-up. 
  • AT-AT needs UCS treatment. Lego has known this though so who knows when it will happen.
  • ISD has gotten a UCS version and will receive TFA treatment before an OT UCS happens again. 
  • The TFA Armored Transport is only seen in the background briefly during Hux's speech and imo looks terrible vs. an appealing ship receiving lots of screen time a cool "Finalizer" name to boot. They'll make a new ship much sooner and that's if the AT even happens at all.

imo If I had the choice of one or the other I would've bought the AT-AT, held it for the UCS Hoth set, and sold it during that set's life cycle (pre-empting an imminent UCS AT-AT) for a nice time:return ratio.

22 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

ISD retired first in Europe, actually. THere are still quite  few QFLL´s (and shops) still selling AT AT´s below RRP here but ISD is now on the up.

Wow I hadn't actually been keeping an eye on this one what with r5,tumblers,at-at,etc

Lowest BIN is £175 uk, that's excellent, and unexpected (well from me)

I bought mine 3 months ago in sept for £69ea, and was thinking I might be able to get these price mid year.

Star wars force is in full effect. Now all we need is EV to go

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Now that this set is gone and the price is escalating, I feel like I am less likely to open and build the one I got for myself, and more likely to treat it like inventory. I wasn't really into the set before I bought it, I just did because it was my last opportunity to get it at this price for my personal collection.

That's why I bought one extra at full msrp plus tax. I would be too disgusted by the margins on it compared to the other 10 I have (all at 25% off or more) so I wouldn't feel bad opening it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2016 at 8:20 PM, TheGallows said:

Wow I hadn't actually been keeping an eye on this one what with r5,tumblers,at-at,etc

Lowest BIN is £175 uk, that's excellent, and unexpected (well from me)

I bought mine 3 months ago in sept for £69ea, and was thinking I might be able to get these price mid year.

Star wars force is in full effect. Now all we need is EV to go

Yeah I did the same, I did not expect an increase this large so quickly when the buy in was only £69, so I put 5 up for £200 each on Amazon, as kind of a test and they all sold within 72 hours. I even got questions about them, and you never really get questions on Amazon. Anyway I'll be keeping the rest until Christmas, let the good times roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtot said:

Yeah I did the same, I did not expect an increase this large so quickly when the buy in was only £69, so I put 5 up for £200 each on Amazon, as kind of a test and they all sold within 72 hours. I even got questions about them, and you never really get questions on Amazon. Anyway I'll be keeping the rest until Christmas, let the good times roll.

WOW. it's sitting at around 189.99 USD, but 200 pounds is like 289 USD. Quite a difference.

Wanna buy some for 195 pounds? :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Very nice uptick in demand on this one recently. It is making a fool of AT AT and Mos in Europe, as predicted. I can see it getting to 300 euros with a bit of R1 help before the remake comes out and ruins everything.

That's interesting because the opposite is true in North America. I did sell a pair of these last week, one at $200us cash which was a nice surprise.

• 4 weeks later...